Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ixta70
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 600

    Exactly how big should we print out the paper targets?? i'm willing to go to kinkos or something but some measurements would be good

    Comment

    • Izzy43
      CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
      • Dec 2009
      • 2670

      Originally posted by ixta70
      Exactly how big should we print out the paper targets?? i'm willing to go to kinkos or something but some measurements would be good
      All targets are printed on 8 1/2 x 11 standard size paper. No fair printing those 25 yard targets on 3' x 4' paper.

      Comment

      • dwh100
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2007
        • 955

        Hey USMCCHET9296,
        There's a bunch of folks on rimfirecentral drooling over your cz checkrest/mag pouch.
        Might want to check your inbox over there.
        I needed an attention grabber for a title. its totally irrelevant to the following question. but im dying to know. on page 100 of the picture thread (LINK--->>) http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86203&page=100 at the very bottom is this insanely cool 452 varmint/american. i...
        Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
        - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

        Comment

        • surfNshoot
          CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
          • Mar 2008
          • 1445

          Originally posted by dwh100
          Hey USMCCHET9296,
          There's a bunch of folks on rimfirecentral drooling over your cz checkrest/mag pouch.
          Might want to check your inbox over there.
          http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=386277
          Oh trust me. He knows. He's to busy patting himself on the back to respond. haha.

          Comment

          • usmcchet9296
            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
            • Feb 2008
            • 1834

            Originally posted by dwh100
            Hey USMCCHET9296,
            There's a bunch of folks on rimfirecentral drooling over your cz checkrest/mag pouch.
            Might want to check your inbox over there.
            http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=386277
            Thanks DWH
            Ive answered that question so many times Im sick of it but I got it covered
            John P. Hermesmeyer
            U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
            Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
            sigpic
            Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
            In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

            Comment

            • dwh100
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 955

              Ok got my 10/22 built up for irons and Appleseed shootin'.
              Clark 18.5" fluted barrel, Clark metal trigger housing with their 2.5 lbs. trigger job, Ruger T stock, Tech sights, GI sling. Hopefully, I can get it out to dial her in and punch paper sometime soon.
              Last edited by dwh100; 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM.
              Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
              - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

              Comment

              • Izzy43
                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                • Dec 2009
                • 2670

                Originally posted by dwh100
                Ok got my 10/22 built up for irons and Appleseed shootin'.
                Clark 18.5" fluted barrel, Clark metal trigger housing with their 2.5 lbs. trigger job, Ruger T stock, Tech sights, GI sling. Hopefully, I can get it out to dial her in and punch paper sometime soon.
                Really, really nice. Is that stock laminated or the natural grain of the wood? Hope she shoots as good as she looks.

                Comment

                • dwh100
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • 955

                  Thanx Izzy,
                  It's laminated!
                  Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                  - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                  Comment

                  • Izzy43
                    CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 2670

                    Originally posted by dwh100
                    Thanx Izzy,
                    It's laminated!
                    I really like the laminated stocks, they tend to be heavier than regular wood and help with accuracy, especially off the bench. Let us know how she shoots.

                    Comment

                    • jackandblood
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1125

                      eh i'm not too into points. Here's how I did recently. some fired with stock folded, most with stock set. I thought it was pretty good, stock irons. Need new px glasses.

                      Attached Files
                      Dont go against the grain if you cant handle it - Wu Tang

                      Comment

                      • Izzy43
                        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2670

                        Shot 100yd scoped yesterday with the UltraLux, 3-9x Simmons Scope and American Eagle 38 gr HV HP. Score was 40 or 41, couldn't really tell on one of the shots. So I'm sayin 40 and I'm stickin to it. I also shot two targets with Wolf MT and I can't figure out why this rifle shoots the cheaper stuff better but I ain't complaining. $1.60/50 is a lot better than $4.50/50. One target was a 1" group but 1/2" below the bullseye. Discovered mu scope had walked on the rail, bummer. Gonna try one more time before the month is over on this 100yd target. Oh yeah, dropped the order for the Kimber from CMP in the mail yesterday, hoped they haven't sold out.

                        Target and Close Up:
                        Last edited by Izzy43; 05-29-2011, 11:50 AM.

                        Comment

                        • dwh100
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 955

                          Originally posted by jackandblood
                          eh i'm not too into points. Here's how I did recently. some fired with stock folded, most with stock set. I thought it was pretty good, stock irons. Need new px glasses.


                          You might want to shot some of the targets for the match! They build skill.
                          Keep practicing, your groups will tighten up.
                          Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                          - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                          Comment

                          • usmcchet9296
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 1834

                            Shot at 100 scoped last weekend but it was a 45 which is the same as I shot the time before so I didnt post it. Nice thing is at least my rifle consistant. Prolly wont be able to shoot as much next month because I finally got a job and also my son little league is going to conflict alot.
                            John P. Hermesmeyer
                            U.S.M.C. 1992 to 1996 0311 5th Marines
                            Current location: Camp Living room 1st Recline Div.Now in Texas
                            sigpic
                            Visit http://www.cawheelburners.com
                            In memory of my friend Officer Ryan Bonaminio Riverside PD. Gone but not forgotten.

                            Comment

                            • surfNshoot
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1445

                              I'm totally bummed I didn't get to shoot all of the match this month. I was out of town for 2 weeks then shot with the Caprc last weekend. I'll be back next month though guys. My shoulder needs a break from my .308. I know I know laugh all you want. Try being 155lbs with bony shoulders. It hurts after a while. I miss my rimfires.

                              Comment

                              • Izzy43
                                CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 2670

                                Originally posted by surfNshoot
                                My shoulder needs a break from my .308. I know I know laugh all you want. Try being 155lbs with bony shoulders. It hurts after a while. I miss my rimfires.
                                Exactly why I sold all my Mosins, together with a torn rotator cuff was unbearable.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1