Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Monthly Rimfire Match Archive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TCWriter
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 108

    247

    Score: 247

    Got to the Dunsmuir range early in an attempt to beat the wind and get my airgun working at 100 yards.

    That wasn't shooting for crap (I've got issues), but I broke out the .22 and had a great run. Love to figure out how to get groups like the last one (lower left) all the time.

    The lower right target has a close one, but it sure looks like it impinges on the center ring to me.



    Details:
    Oregon-made Kimber M82 sporter
    SK Standard+ target ammo
    Bipod, bag in back
    4x-16x/56mm Leapers Airgun scope

    Comment

    • dwh100
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 955

      Bump for more targets. Shoulder injury will prevent me from getting one posted this month, but it would be nice to see some more high scores from you folks!
      Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
      - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

      Comment

      • 22popnsplat
        Senior Member
        • May 2008
        • 1042

        Today I shot a total of 6 targets and 5 different types of ammo at 50 yards , this was shot with wolf match target from my contender pistol with a factory 14 inch barrel (can be seen on the first page of this Thread) conditions were fair with a bit of a gusty breeze as I have found to be normal at westend gun club.
        I Scored this a 247?

        Comment

        • Arteel
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 2392

          ^^ That is one accurate pistol.

          Comment

          • dwh100
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 955

            Nice shootin' 22!

            What Arteel said too!

            Thanx for postin' your target!
            Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
            - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

            Comment

            • 22popnsplat
              Senior Member
              • May 2008
              • 1042

              well I shot the contender again today and I belive its is possible to shoot a perfect 250 on this target , Today was not the day for that to happen . conditions were a little to gusty and the best I could manage was a 243 but I did shoot one fantastic group on that target (lower left) very close to the best group I have ever done with this pistol , A pistol is so grip sensitive its unreal , repeating the exact grip is essential

              Last edited by 22popnsplat; 09-27-2009, 2:33 PM.

              Comment

              • Gary13
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1523

                Finally was going to try this today with my Marlin 60. Unfortunately I used the wrong target. I also did not do that well. There is always October.

                Comment

                • jordan870
                  Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 368

                  sounds like fun now all i need is a .22lr

                  Comment

                  • dwh100
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • 955

                    October Rimfire Match

                    Ok September participation was dismal!! Only 4 targets were posted!

                    CONGRATULATIONS to:

                    2 high scores of 247/250
                    22popnsplat, TC writer

                    next highest 243/250
                    22popnsplat, and ego 08

                    Thanx to you 3 for posting the only 4 targets for the month!!!



                    Since it is October, how about some Rimfire Baseball

                    print this target:
                    Find information, resources and relevant links for protargets.com. This domain may be for sale.


                    iron sights/red dots from 25 yds
                    scopes from 50 yds
                    Any position


                    shoot at slices 1 through 9 only
                    shoot only 3 shots per slice

                    Scoring
                    outer slice = 1 run
                    inner slice = 2 runs
                    final shot at bull = 5 runs

                    RULES
                    -take only 3 shots at each numbered slice (1 through 9)
                    -first shot of each number slice must be made at the outer slice (the part with the number in it)
                    -if first shot is a hit... you may then take a second and third shot at the inner slice of the same number
                    - if the first shot is a miss...you must try to shoot the outside slice again on your second shot
                    -you may not shoot at the inner slice unless you hit the outer slice on shots one or two
                    -if first 2 shots miss, you must shoot final shot at the outer slice


                    Bonus After shooting your 27 shots take one shot at the center circle
                    Tally up your runs
                    Add 5 runs to your tally for a center circle hit.


                    Top Score = 50 runs

                    Post your targets and info

                    Hope this makes sense!

                    Good Luck and have fun!
                    Last edited by dwh100; 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM.
                    Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                    - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                    Comment

                    • Btango05
                      Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 491

                      Originally posted by dwh100
                      Ok September participation was dismal!! Only 4 targets were posted!

                      CONGRATULATIONS to:

                      2 high scores of 247/250
                      22popnsplat, TC writer

                      next highest 243/250
                      22popnsplat, and ego 08

                      Thanx to you 3 for posting the only 4 targets for the month!!!



                      Since it is October, how about some Rimfire Baseball

                      print this target:
                      Find information, resources and relevant links for protargets.com. This domain may be for sale.


                      iron sights/red dots from 25 yds
                      scopes from 50 yds
                      Any position


                      shoot at slices 1 through 9 only
                      shoot only 3 shots per slice
                      You lost me about here

                      Comment

                      • dwh100
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 955

                        Did you look at the target?
                        Think pizza or pie.
                        Last edited by dwh100; 10-01-2009, 10:32 PM.
                        Mortal as I am, I know that I am born for a day. But when I follow at my pleasure the serried multitude of the stars in their circular course, my feet no longer touch the earth.
                        - Ptolemy, c.150 AD

                        Comment

                        • kgcabs
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 1156

                          Looks like fun.

                          Comment

                          • foxtrotuniformlima
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 3461

                            I get it.

                            Each slice is worth 5 pts. 1 pt on the out and 2+2 on the in but you can't shoot at the in unless you get an outside hit first and if that takes 3 shots, then that inning is over and you move on to the next.
                            Anyone press will hear the fat lady sing.

                            Originally posted by Vin Scully
                            Don't be sad that it's over. Smile because it happened.
                            Originally posted by William James
                            I cannot allow your ignorance, however great, to take precedence over my knowledge, however small.
                            Originally posted by BigPimping
                            When you reach the plateau, there's always going to be those that try to drag you down. Just keep up the game, collect the scratch, and ignore those who seek to drag you down to their level.
                            .

                            Comment

                            • thempopresense
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1134

                              anyone else notice there is two 13's and no 17 on the target. The 13 near the 3 should be a 17. I know it doesn't matter for the match, just figured I would point out the pro target.
                              Originally posted by SOCMOB
                              Straight out of 1984 by George Orwell, better read it before it's banned.

                              Comment

                              • Scratch705
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • May 2009
                                • 12537

                                haha, nice catch. didn't even notice myself, but then again i stopped counting after the 9 for the match.
                                Originally posted by leelaw
                                Because -ohmigosh- they can add their opinions, too?
                                Originally posted by SoCalSig1911
                                Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
                                Originally posted by PrepperGunShop
                                Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1