Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Nikon Rimfire Scope Rebates

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    facn650
    Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 152

    Izzy, do you know if the 4x32 comes with mounts or would I need to order some? Recommendations?

    Comment

    • #17
      jchappies
      Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 159

      ordered one today also
      99.00 plus a 50.00 rebate is a great deal
      sigpicVarious Hand guns,shotguns and rifles

      Comment

      • #18
        Izzy43
        CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
        • Dec 2009
        • 2670

        Originally posted by facn650
        Izzy, do you know if the 4x32 comes with mounts or would I need to order some? Recommendations?
        Don't think it comes with rings. Would be best to wait for the scope and measure for which rings would be best. I would think that medium or low height would work depending on the rifle.

        You want to have the scope as low as possible (just clearing the barrel and the bolt if its a bolt action rifle) but also you want the scope in the proper position when you bring the rifle to your shoulder so that you don't have to move your head up or down to get a good sight picture while maintaing a good cheek weld.

        If you have a local gunshop that carries a variety of scope rings I would suggest taking the scope and rifle there and ask their assistance in selecting the proper rings.

        If your rifle is a common type like a 10/22 then lots of folks here should be able to help.

        Comment

        • #19
          spoolinq
          Member
          • Feb 2009
          • 328

          got off the phone with nikon earlier this morning. they stated that they will only honor the rebate if purchased from one of their authorized dealer listed here..


          http://nikonpromo.com/rimfire_dealer_page.php

          Comment

          • #20
            JNunez23
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 2755

            Originally posted by spoolinq
            got off the phone with nikon earlier this morning. they stated that they will only honor the rebate if purchased from one of their authorized dealer listed here..


            http://nikonpromo.com/rimfire_dealer_page.php
            Good info, thank you for the clarification.
            sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
            John Wooden

            Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

            Comment

            • #21
              GrapesOfWrath
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2012
              • 85

              Originally posted by JNunez23
              Good info, thank you for the clarification.
              +1 - canceled the backordered items @optics planet - got them from Midway.

              Comment

              • #22
                slick_711
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 4400

                Originally posted by spoolinq
                got off the phone with nikon earlier this morning. they stated that they will only honor the rebate if purchased from one of their authorized dealer listed here..


                http://nikonpromo.com/rimfire_dealer_page.php
                Is Bass Pro Shops on that list? For some reason that webpage is blocked by my company's firewall.

                I already purchased it either way, but would sure enjoy the rebate.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Izzy43
                  CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 2670

                  Originally posted by spoolinq
                  got off the phone with nikon earlier this morning. they stated that they will only honor the rebate if purchased from one of their authorized dealer listed here..


                  http://nikonpromo.com/rimfire_dealer_page.php
                  I didn't see OpticsPlanet on that list (I could have missed it) but they are on this list from the Nikon Website:http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en_U...ealers2011.pdf

                  Might be others as well. After some further research it appears that your list is the "Brick and Morter" dealers and the one I posted is the internet and catalog dealers.
                  Last edited by Izzy43; 03-28-2012, 9:46 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Patriotdoc
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 1177

                    Any first hand experience from anyone to help me choose between the two adjustable magnification models? This will be a range/intro into long range shooting rifle for me...if the long range bug gets me this will have to hold me over for a while until I can get something like a Remington 700
                    SIG MCX, HK VP9, SIG P938

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      slick_711
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 4400

                      Originally posted by orthopod
                      Any first hand experience from anyone to help me choose between the two adjustable magnification models? This will be a range/intro into long range shooting rifle for me...if the long range bug gets me this will have to hold me over for a while until I can get something like a Remington 700
                      Get the EFR version. The adjustable parallax is well worth the $40-50 extra if you're going to be shooting at 75-150 yards (long range with a .22LR). I got the standard 3-9x40 because it was all I could find in stock locally, and I'm sure I'll be happy with it, but for the money I would've rather had the EFR.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Patriotdoc
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 1177

                        EFR it will be then. Hopefully there will be some in stock in a month or so as that is about how long I'll have to wait to recover from my recent purchases and to still take advantage of this deal.
                        SIG MCX, HK VP9, SIG P938

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Patriotdoc
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 1177

                          Just curious but how does the EFR compare to say the Mueller APV?
                          SIG MCX, HK VP9, SIG P938

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Izzy43
                            CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 2670

                            Originally posted by orthopod
                            Just curious but how does the EFR compare to say the Mueller APV?
                            I would think its an apples to oranges comparison. The Mueller has more magnification, max 14X while the Nikons are 9X. Hard to compare the two. I had a Mueller APV which was a nice scope but I sold it as the reticle at the crosshairs was a little thick for my taste. Not bashing the scope as the glass was very clear and bright. Also the turrets are the bowtie type. They worked well but a really old design. At its magnification range, quality and price is a good scope for hunting/plinking use. Just my opinion, others may differ.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Izzy43
                              CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 2670

                              Originally posted by spoolinq
                              got off the phone with nikon earlier this morning. they stated that they will only honor the rebate if purchased from one of their authorized dealer listed here..


                              http://nikonpromo.com/rimfire_dealer_page.php
                              I think you may be right about the list. I am getting an uneasy feeling that Nikon may not honor the rebate if purchased from a vendor (such as OpticsPlant as I did) thats not on the list you posted. Guess I'll find out when I submit the rebate form.

                              Kind of cheesy the way Nikon did the requirements for listing the dealers. They didn't really list them as " Authorized Dealers " but as "Participating Dealers". I think a lawyer could convince a judge that it was missleading but whose gonna sue of $50, certainly not me. One of those buyer beware "Gotchas". Hopefully others read your post before buying.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                facn650
                                Member
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 152

                                I ordered from opticsplanet too...

                                I guess I could return and order from midway

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1