actually i saw one on mossberg's website it looks like there normal plinker but they put a big .50 cal muzzle brake on it and maybe you could buy a body kit
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Best tacticool .22 rifle?
Collapse
X
-
-
I love my "ugly" SIG 522---totally reliable in over 1500 rds(all types of 22)
love the 33" LOA and really short folded. I am at Angeles a couple times
a month during the week---if you see this rifle with an old guy attached
stop by I'll let you try a couple mags! I can now hit the smallest
hangar @50yds about 10 for 10.Pete

Last edited by GM4spd; 03-18-2010, 6:36 AM.Comment
-
I went through the same thing, in the end I picked the Sig 522 classic, with the S&W 15-22 a very close second ( so close I'm currently saving up to get it next, preferably with the flash hider )
I'm happy with the Sig, ran about 600 rounds through it without a problem. It ran about $560 OTD from SoCal Guns. I live out in the east county, if you want to try mine out before you decide send a pm.Comment
-
I don't have one of the tacticool .22 rifles....yet, but I have to agree with ledman's statements about polymer. I've had a XDSC9 for 7yrs. that I carry daily as my ccw and I like it. I have full faith in its longevity and quality.
I have handled both the S&W and Sig and like the feel and especially the looks of the S&W. Their lifetime warranty is a plus also. Plus, the idea of spending the amount of money you do for a Sig that comes without sights doesn't make me happy. Even if they are inexpensive sights, it should come them for that price IMO.
Did I say the Sig is ugly.
Comment
-
I pickup my S&W 15-22 tomorrow, I will post up some pics from the range as soon as I can.
My advice: Smile and Nod
I work on Black Hawks in the army and my WOFT pack is almost finished, so soon I will be flying one. Army buddies always want to shoot a .22 because we are not rich folk, and when Uncle Sam wont give us anymore 556 we reach for the 3 cents a rounch .22lr.
I also have a dragster which sits idle in my driveway, next to my rice rocket. People always say that my ricer is slow compared to their rustang/maro...I smile and nod fondly thinking of my 12 second car that is the size of a boat and drives about as well...Comment
-
Id put money into a 10/22. Alot of cheap modifications and very accurate. If you want a tacticool .22, build an ar platform with a .22 upper. Than maybe buy differents caliber uppers at a later date. Just my opinion."In a society, it is the responsibility of the few strong to protect the many weak"
"Knowledge is a sheild against the unexpected and a solution to the unknown"Comment
-
I don't own one, nor have I shot one, but I think the Kel-Tec SU-22 looks friggin sweet.Last edited by Donkeypunch0420; 07-25-2017, 1:56 AM.Comment
-
Advanced weapon skills are basic skills performed perfect.
TFTT - Training Calendar
sigpic
Nor Cal Practical Precision Rifle Club
Newman Precision RiflesComment
-
I'd go w the Ruger SR 22. Its so versatile. If you got tired of the AR look you could concert back to normal stock rifle, a bullpup, a tommygun, etc. Aftermarket parts abound.RIP Louis Awerbuck. I miss you and your training.Comment
-
The problem is that you will end up building up another lower just to have a dedicated .22lr
I know that's what I did!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Make your own hot wire cutter!
My AR ProfileComment
-
id go with the S&W M&P 15-22 or the GSG.. both look fun and cheap to shoot..Team 1320 est.1996
NRA MEMBER
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson
The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,701
Posts: 25,150,686
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18789 users online. 111 members and 18678 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment