Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which .22lr Would You Buy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    k1dude
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2009
    • 15977

    The Nylon 66 is my favorite all time .22. But it wasn't one of the original choices presented.
    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

    Comment

    • #47
      67Cuda
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2013
      • 1721

      I have a Savage 64. I'll recommend it because it has a real steel reciever, unlike a 10/22.
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      People that call other member stupid get time off.
      So much for being honest.

      Comment

      • #48
        Salisbury
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2020
        • 31

        Comment

        • #49
          Thanatos2203
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 1200

          A little more money but well worth considering if you want quality an accuracy out of the box is the CZ 512.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #50
            Bakerloo
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 1731

            My dad gave my 10/22 in 1974. I made it tacticool in the '80s. Folding stock, flash hider and a bunch of 25rd mags. About 10 years ago it was again time for a makeover. Green Mountain fluted barrel, factory birch sporter stock and a Nikon scope. I think in another 10 years, I will do another makeover.
            Get the Ruger, your grandkids will love it.
            ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

            Comment

            • #51
              jstert
              Member
              • May 2016
              • 435

              Comment

              • #52
                Dvrjon
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2012
                • 11370

                Originally posted by olhunter
                Marlin 60. They sold about 10 billion of them for a reason.

                And you won't lose or forget the magazine like the others.
                I've never forgotten a magazine....but I've temporarily lost a few.

                Comment

                • #53
                  pinger
                  Member
                  • Sep 2018
                  • 321

                  My Remington 581 that I bought 45+ years ago still outshoots every other 22 rifle I own even though I hacked it up when I was a kid. I cut the barrel to 16" and grafted a Crosman pellet gun butt stock. It's light, ugly and is very sentimental. I've have/had 3 Ruger 10/22s (a fixed 16", Magpul takedown and Takedown lite), TCR/22, Browning Buckmark Target rifle, Browning SA22, CZ455, Ruger American Rimfire Target, Savage MkII, Remington 597 and 597HB and a dedicated AR. In semi auto the TCR/22 and the 597HB outshoot all the 10/22s. In 10/22s the fixed barrel outshot the takedowns. These were stock, not modded.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    06er
                    Member
                    • Oct 2013
                    • 170

                    cz 452 american. Get a used one. Great for small targets.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      HAVOC5150
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 1667

                      I am seriously looking at the CZ 455 combo. Comes with a .22 LR barrel and 17 HMR barrel. Found the on GB for $459.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        RNE228
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 2458

                        I same the same about my Dad's old Mossy 142 that he got when he was a kid. He learned on it, I learned and have shot that that rifle for the last 50 years. My son learned on it and has shot it the last 20 years. Have taught friends kids how to shoot with that rifle.

                        Originally posted by Bakerloo
                        Get the Ruger, your grandkids will love it.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Wordupmybrotha
                          From anotha motha
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2013
                          • 6965

                          I got mine from Gunbroker. Including, shipping, tax, transfer fee, it was $300.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Aleuterio415
                            Junior Member
                            • Apr 2020
                            • 6

                            Tippman M4 22lr elite tactical

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Gryff
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2006
                              • 12693

                              10/22. It is the iconic semi-auto .22. For a reason.
                              My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                golfish
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 10127

                                OP, there are lots of good choices as you have found out. Can't really argue with any of them.
                                Have you considered a pistol ? The Buck Mark would be a really good choice. The newer Ruger Wrangler single action revolver would go real nice with your Henry. The Buck Mark with a smaller red dot on it is like cheating, it's such a good gun.
                                It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
                                Happiness is a warm gun.

                                MLC, First 3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1