Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which .22lr Would You Buy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Bastard
    • Jul 2009
    • 2209

    if you are sure you are going to leave it stock go with the model 60 or a 10/22 target... while the basic 10/22 is a great platform to start on it, outside of the action it basically looks and feels like cheaply made crap

    Comment

    • #77
      newbie1234
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2016
      • 3130

      Hmm, nobody mention the new boy on the block, Winchester Wildcat. This new rifle is a good contender also. $220 and weight 4# count me in

      Comment

      • #78
        EL GRIEGO
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2020
        • 54

        Magnum Research Switchbolt. You can find it with carbon barrel and blackhawk axiom stock for under $600. Doesn't need anything other than maybe a $15 trigger spring kit.

        Comment

        • #79
          vintagearms
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2009
          • 6841

          Originally posted by NOTABIKER
          1022 1022 1022 bla bla bla. Like a lot of 22s it sucks to clean. Most are prone to jam unless fed certain ammo. Cast receiver. It is popular with folks that want to make it into something it is not. About as good as a old Marlin.

          Put a economy scope on it and go out and outshoot your buddies with 1022s.
          Buy whatever ammo is on sale because the savage will eat it without complaint.
          my son in law has a 1022 and he hates it, At the range he likes to shoot my savage.
          Interesting. I think it might be user error because when I owned one, it fed Wolf, SSK and CCI standard just fine.

          Comment

          • #80
            stormvet
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2010
            • 12681

            Originally posted by newbie1234
            Hmm, nobody mention the new boy on the block, Winchester Wildcat. This new rifle is a good contender also. $220 and weight 4# count me in
            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

            Comment

            • #81
              DB>
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2017
              • 822

              Bass Pro site said they would ship the Wildcat to my nearest (CA) store....

              I can't think of any reason a .22 rimfire wouldn't be CA legal... you might have gotten some bad FUD there?

              Comment

              • #82
                AdamVIP
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 603

                Originally posted by vintagearms
                Based on the criteria you have, The Ruger 10/22 is very comfortable to get behind, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is reasonably accurate as is.
                Were you to state that you were thinking of adding parts to any of the rifles, I would suggest just buying a Kidd.
                When I looked up parts I was putting all KIDD supergrade stuff anyways so I just bought a KIDD. The difference between buying the parts and having him make the rifle was like 200 after taxes and he drills the stock for the allen screws at the barrel as well as milling the stock for the tang and beds the action. The gun shoots great and certainly better than my current skill level. I plan to appleseed it once the shutdowns clear.

                Comment

                • #83
                  Jimi Jah
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 19226

                  My Henry Golden Boy is the easiest .22LR to clean, takes about 5 minutes. Not much gets dirty in the firing chamber.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    BigPimping
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 21479

                    TCR-22 from Thompson. All the best parts!!!
                    sigpic

                    PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

                    When pimping begins, friendship ends.

                    Don't let your history be a mystery

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Tinknocker
                      Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 455

                      My Marlin 60 takes 16 .22lrs it takes a little longer to load than a mag which you don't have to worry about losing, but my feed tube once jammed and i did not have a cleaning rod or anything to else to unjam the spring. I now always take a cleaning kit and tools when i go to the range.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Slugo
                        Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • 196

                        Remington 552 BDL Speedmaster

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          sirdrake11
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2020
                          • 38

                          i would take the 10/22. More accessories and aftermarkets.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            pinger
                            Member
                            • Sep 2018
                            • 321

                            Originally posted by DB>
                            Bass Pro site said they would ship the Wildcat to my nearest (CA) store....

                            I can't think of any reason a .22 rimfire wouldn't be CA legal... you might have gotten some bad FUD there?
                            My friend bought his at Turners in Oxnard about three weeks ago after the folks at Bass Pro screwed him over. We went to the range last week and put a couple hundred rounds through it. My impression is that it is very plastique. I like synthetic stocks. My favorite 10/22s have had either the Ruger modular synthetic stocks or Magpul X22s. But for some reason after shooting the Wildcat I was longing for an original wood stocked 10/22. It shot ok, just that it was more plastic than any gun i have ever held.

                            The Wildcat is easiest to clean. In my experience, 10/22s next, then the Marlins, then Mossberg and last Savage.
                            Last edited by pinger; 06-20-2020, 8:53 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              pinger
                              Member
                              • Sep 2018
                              • 321

                              The most comfortable 22 rifle of all time is the Ruger 10/22 Competition model. The blued version with the gray stock. The only way to explain the feeling is soft. There are no sharp edges. The stock feels like you are holding a full bodied woman. Whomever reads this owes it to themselves to hold one just once.

                              There are many other features of the Competition model that make it worthwhile but that gray stock is heaven. The bad part for the OP is that it almost costs as much as all four rifles and it doesn't have open sights. He wouldn't have to upgrade it though... besides a scope.

                              I bought the Barracuda version of the rifle. I got tempted by the sexy looks. I still long for the blue one.
                              Last edited by pinger; 06-20-2020, 9:03 AM.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                pd5190
                                Member
                                • Mar 2008
                                • 203

                                I found the 10/22 standard wood stock to be a little short for me. I fully enjoy my Henry lever 22, and just got the Henry pump action 22. Have not shot it yet but will in the next couple of weeks. If I could find a semi auto in a stock like my old Wards Western field bolt 22 that would be awsome. I am almost 70 and need to scope just about any long gun I use so the sights they come with are no issue for me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1