I'm telling you what has been an actual experience. My mosquito experienced a lot of jams from two boxes of the 550 I bought. I may well be because it was new back then. I will tray again and give it another shot (with pun intended). I will post the result.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
All three of my Marlins are like this, so I'd say it's normal.Comment
-
OK, good - both my 795s have butt-ugly bolts and I thought it was probably just because they are cheap guns so the finish isn't clean, but I wanted to be sure."Soldier, you need to turn your ACOG off before the batteries die." - PMI Instructor, subject matter expertComment
-
-
I got two Marlins with very different SNs, one is like 9845#### the other one is MM09####G.... guessing the second one is probably made by Remington. It had a rougher finish in the receiver but the trigger pull is nicer.

this is it right here"Soldier, you need to turn your ACOG off before the batteries die." - PMI Instructor, subject matter expertComment
-
The 795 I got from Turners last week has the MM prefix as well (though the barrel says Made in North Haven) but I was a bit disenheartened to see that the trigger end of the rear sight was tweaked to the right-of-center more than 3/16" of an inch. Nice. Better yet, the 925RM (s/n 911200XX) I just got from buds had one of the small scope mounting screws sticking straight up an eighth of an inch, and it was stripped as well. I mean really Marlin, even Stevie Wonder could have seen both of these minor screw-ups......Last edited by RickyB; 03-24-2011, 7:19 PM.Comment
-
What stock is that? I love the look of the plain wood!Because of the very wide variety of scopes and rifles, rings make the connection between the scope
and rifle much easer. In this case I have a DIProducts scope base with Leupold QRW rings.


Comment
-
I picked up my gun on Thursday and was gonna clean it before I went shooting, but I don't have anything that fits inside of the barrel!!!
I bought the universal gun cleaning kit from Walmart and it doesn't fit!
Reassembling it was a pain in the ***Last edited by stangmar; 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM.Comment
-
Am I supposed to put some solvent onto the action and the other oily parts in the gun?
I don't know what I'm gonna do to clean the barrel since I don't have any equipment that fits. My friend has another universal cleaning kit, so hopefully I can borrow it.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,583
Posts: 25,149,463
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 33216 users online. 127 members and 33089 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.





Comment