Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marlin 795 thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TNP'R
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2010
    • 7832

    IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    My first .22

    Comment

    • Charles4400
      Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 349

      Originally posted by Charles4400
      Found this place for 10 rounders for $12:


      Haven't gotten them in yet (scheduled to get in on Mon.) but all seems on the up and up.

      BUT Their shipping is pricey (about $16) so you have to see if its worth it based on how many you want to order.
      Well that was quick, when I ordered there where over 100 listed in stock now none available?

      Who's buying all the mags!?

      Comment

      • deebix
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 737

        yea! speak up a**hole

        Comment

        • rromeo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 6981

          I used 20% coupons to buy mine at Big 5.
          Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

          - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
          (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

          Comment

          • WilliamAnderson
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 733

            My 795 is out of service right now. :-( I went shooting the other day and loaded up a magazine and charged it. Ready, aim, nothing. I noticed that the trigger wasn't releasing the hammer as if the magazine dis-connect was in effect. Took it home and found out that I'm missing the little roll pin that the hammer spring is held in by.

            I have no idea how it came out with all that pressure from that hammer spring behind it. I'm wondering how expensive it might get to get this fixed. I really hate working on this gun's action. Everything is plastic and fragile. Might just take it to Mayfield's and pay to get it fixed.

            Comment

            • otteray
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2006
              • 3246

              I think if you go back in this forum you will find a link to a few sites that clearly show the how-to:
              sigpic
              Single fin mentality

              Comment

              • PICKUPTECH22
                Junior Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 40




                UTG Leapers BI-POD
                BARSKA 4X32MM SCOPE

                Comment

                • d sauce
                  Member
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 439

                  I was cleaning my 795 tonight after taking it shooting for the first time, which was great by the way. So when I was putting it back together I thoroughly bent my recoil spring. I found a replacement spring from MidwayUSA for $4.99 plus $3.00 for shipping and handling. So long story short, does anyone know where I can buy one of these without being bent over severely. Thanks in advance.

                  Comment

                  • XDseb
                    Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 246

                    Originally posted by gratefuldog
                    remove the screws, start a coarse wood (or drywall) screw in one (or both) of the holes, and pull on that... Lots of room in there!
                    thanks for the tip...that buttplate was on there really tight. i put a ziploc bag with some ammo and one mag in there ..just in case.
                    Roads? Where we're going...we don't need roads

                    Comment

                    • Merc1138
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19742

                      Originally posted by d sauce
                      I was cleaning my 795 tonight after taking it shooting for the first time, which was great by the way. So when I was putting it back together I thoroughly bent my recoil spring. I found a replacement spring from MidwayUSA for $4.99 plus $3.00 for shipping and handling. So long story short, does anyone know where I can buy one of these without being bent over severely. Thanks in advance.
                      This always happens when trying to buy one small part at a time. Buy some other stuff from midway so you aren't paying so much for shipping on just one item. I'm sure you can find ammo or something to make it worthwhile.

                      Comment

                      • d sauce
                        Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 439

                        I guess that is an idea. I don't really need anything other than that spring but I can look around and see if there is anything worthwhile.

                        Comment

                        • wc12
                          Member
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 273

                          This is their way of making you spend more and I'm speaking from experience.
                          Damn democrats are turning me into a republican.

                          Comment

                          • d sauce
                            Member
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 439

                            Ya pretty much. I came to realize that when I told my buddy how much it would cost for the replacement spring. He then replied telling me not to put the order in yet cause he wants some stuff too and then we can just split shipping. So this 3.99 spring is turning into a 20 to 60 dollar order. Your welcome Midway.

                            Comment

                            • USGI
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 87

                              Usually you can find a coupon code that will cover the shipping charges if you go over $50. They sometimes come out right after the 1st of the month. Good luck!

                              Comment

                              • zachary
                                Junior Member
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 4

                                does anyone know were to get an aftermarket metal trigger assembly for the 795?
                                i melted mine useing winchester "break free" bore cleaner (from walmart) thats what i get for not reading the can...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1