Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
Chaos47 and Merc1138: You guys may have been right but you look like dicks in the process. Either reply with tact or let someone with manners correct the guy. -
The point is that your reply was wrong.What? There is more than one definition for the word should...and now we are going as far as saying people are going to assume their 795s are "defective or something" because I used the word should? The point was that the reply was an overreaction in either case.
Sorry to DinoPJR. I hope you didn't ship out your 795 because of what I posted!
"The top on the 795 should be drilled and tapped from Marlin." This statement is false.
"The top on the 795 should be drilled and tapped from Marlin, but Marlin doesn't actually do it." This statement would have made sense.
Do you understand now? It's especially bad when you tell the guy to look for a scope mount or rail and to use the screws, when it doesn't exist for the 795(except set screws on a dovetail mounted picatinny rail).
Back to the actual topic, the UTG(as annoying as it is to recommend a UTG product be put on a firearm) is the only mount I've had any success with(I haven't tried the DIP picatinny rail).Last edited by Merc1138; 10-30-2011, 4:04 AM.Leave a comment:
-
What? There is more than one definition for the word should...and now we are going as far as saying people are going to assume their 795s are "defective or something" because I used the word should? The point was that the reply was an overreaction in either case.
Sorry to DinoPJR. I hope you didn't ship out your 795 because of what I posted!Leave a comment:
-
Well don't say "should" unless you mean the factory "should" have done it so there would be another option besides the dovetail.
If you tell someone it "should" have been drilled and tapped with no context, you can end up with people assuming theirs is defective or something.Leave a comment:
-
Good Lord. Don't get your panties in a bunch.Wow you could not be any more wrong....
Don't post stuff that you have no idea about!
The 795 is NOT drilled and tapped!
The 795 has a 3/8th dovetail rail built into the receiver.
If you want to convert it to Picatinny then you need something like this
If you want to stick with the built on rail then get rings like this, just make sure to get the right height and tube size rings for your scope
Yes it says airgun. Don't mind that they are considered the best rings for the 795. I personally run them and they are solid
I said should, not is. Every other Marlin I've held, and the one that I own, has been drilled and tapped.
Leave a comment:
-
Wow you could not be any more wrong....
Don't post stuff that you have no idea about!
The 795 is NOT drilled and tapped!
The 795 has a 3/8th dovetail rail built into the receiver.
If you want to convert it to Picatinny then you need something like this
If you want to stick with the built on rail then get rings like this, just make sure to get the right height and tube size rings for your scope
Yes it says airgun. Don't mind that they are considered the best rings for the 795. I personally run them and they are solidLeave a comment:
-
Buy scope mounts, or a rail, and use the screws that come with it. The top on the 795 should be drilled and tapped from Marlin.Leave a comment:
-
so how do you attach the scope onto the reciever? do you have to tap into it?Leave a comment:
-
Put a few hundred through the marlin the other day,still accurate as ever! Great little plinker!Leave a comment:
-
Got the idea from someone else. Take a Allen rifle shell carrier and cut every other thread so. Once finished you will have one spot for rifle shell and you will have 4 slots to hold the rifle mags.Leave a comment:
-
-
I think it's a bullet band, instead of a shot shell holder. Remove the stitching between every two and viola. Just saw it somewhere else.Leave a comment:
-
that mag holder looks like my Allen shotshell buttstock carrier except mine has 5 elastic loops.Leave a comment:
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,470
Posts: 25,148,108
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23984 users online. 153 members and 23831 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Leave a comment: