I have 3 of the Shooters Ridge mags. I've only put about 200 rounds thru them collectively and they worked fine. A lot more fun than the stock 10 rounders. I did not torture test them and feel that for 20 bucks a piece they are worth the money. Just my .02.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Marlin 795 thread
Collapse
X
-
i think i finally figured out how to mount the upper and lower receivers since i cant use the original retaining pins. LEGO's!!! theyre plastic, thick and i can use plastic welding (melting hot plastic rods) to seal/bond the lego's to the plastic stock. i was planning to put this lego piece outside of the upper and lower receivers . the nut and bolt that will act as a retaining pin will end up being vertical instead of horizontal. so i think 6 blocks will do. 3 on each side.
i came up with the idea because i was playing with my son's toys. i can also stack them on to each other to strengthen the internals. its also cool since you all know they come in different sizes.Comment
-
i have videos of the M14 EBR. i think this was the easiest so far since i didnt have to do any drilling on the floor of the lower receiver. i just have to dremel out the right side to give clearance for the ejection port.
also i have to dremel out the M14 magazineComment
-
Does anyone have a review of this? Seems like a very cost-effective alternative to Tech Sights. Do they work well enough?Comment
-
Okay, a day late but here are the pics of the final loader.
DIY_795_loader_1.JPG
DIY_795_loader_2.JPG
DIY_795_loader_3.JPG
DIY_795_loader_4.JPG
DIY_795_loader_6.JPG-Colin
︻デ═一
Originally posted by KillAllGunsBlack color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.Comment
-
Good point about the loop, the metal skewer I used was long enough to make three loaders but the other two doesn't have the loop. I don't push the follower down all the way anyway, I only push down enough for one or two cartridges to go in, and with that much spring tension, I tried purposely slipping the rod and it only flew six inches above the magazine. Still, I might fashion some loops from duct tape or something. Thanks for the input.
Last edited by call-in; 11-17-2011, 6:08 AM.-Colin
︻デ═一
Originally posted by KillAllGunsBlack color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.Comment
-
Did I do anything wrong?
I just noticed that my 795 is gouging three strips on the next bullet in the mag while it is chambering a round. Did do something to cause this? Is this okay? Should I do anything to fix it? Here are some pics
since I had the camera out, I took one beside a #4-6 x 7/8" plastic wall anchor I use as a snap cap (from Home Depot)
-Colin
︻デ═一
Originally posted by KillAllGunsBlack color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.Comment
-
Just ordered Tech Sights for mine, should get them in the coming week. Looking forward to giving them a try.sigpic
Originally posted by Wernher von BrowningI just checked. Change is all I've got left, they took all the folding money.A people whose only powers, liberties & remedies are those strictly defined by the State is not a free people at all.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,660
Posts: 25,150,242
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16326 users online. 126 members and 16200 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment