Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sks questions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Originally posted by Hammertime
    Its a shame Samco doesn't ship to CA, they have awesome SKS prices.
    They ship to California. They just won't ship those Yugo M59/66 and M59/66A1's because of the GL. They still have some M59's but are not older then 50 years so they will only ship them to a 01/07 FFL for transfer.

    The other thing you could do is get a 2nd 03 FFL in a different state.
    Last edited by morrcarr67; 04-25-2011, 12:00 PM.
    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929

    Comment

    • #47
      Hammertime
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 3495

      I know that they ship m59's but I don't feel like paying an extra hundred dollars for something just because it is missing a grenade launcher. I'll just buy off of this forum.

      Comment

      • #48
        Dion
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 818

        So! Just got back the range after cleaning all the orange brown stuff and replacing the firing pin with a Murrays. Absolutely ZERO problems and super accurate at 50 yards.

        I think my M1 Carbine is jealous.

        What a fantastic rifle.
        www.dionridesbikes.com

        Comment

        • #49
          morrcarr67
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2010
          • 15053

          Originally posted by Dion
          So! Just got back the range after cleaning all the orange brown stuff and replacing the firing pin with a Murrays. Absolutely ZERO problems and super accurate at 50 yards.

          I think my M1 Carbine is jealous.

          What a fantastic rifle.
          Aaahhh, now don't neglecting Uncle Sam's toy just because a pretty European girl has moved into the neighborhood.
          Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

          Originally posted by Erion929

          Comment

          • #50
            bohoki
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 20826

            Originally posted by Quiet
            I concur with your order.
            i would put the albanian between the chinese and romanian but those are less than plentiful

            Comment

            • #51
              Dion
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 818

              Originally posted by morrcarr67
              Aaahhh, now don't neglecting Uncle Sam's toy just because a pretty Chinese girl has moved into the neighborhood.
              FIXED!
              www.dionridesbikes.com

              Comment

              • #52
                Norsemen308
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 1922

                how do you clean then? I just stripped mine and took care of all of it, but HOw do i lean it after shooting, IE is the boiling watter all the same? or does the chrome line barrel need something else??? I heard that you are supposed to drop the whole firing pin assemble/bolt in boiling water then wd-40 it and lube everything up.. Is this true??
                Happiness is a WARM AR

                Comment

                • #53
                  23 Blast
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3754

                  The boiling water method of cleaning is generally prescribed for when you've shot corrosively-primed ammo in your gun. If the ammo you shot is non-corrosive, then regular cleaning with solvents and oils is usually sufficient. Boiling your bolt in hot water serves to make sure that not only are corrosive salts taken care of, but also to melt away any cosmoline residue (or red primer gunk) that may have lodged inside the bolt and possibly caused your firing pin to stick.

                  Norsemen308 - hope you enjoy your new rifle!
                  "Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
                  [sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Norsemen308
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 1922

                    ^^^ ooo yes sir I am, i already got to know her pretty well... I feel it is a right of passage to field strip every gun you get..... broke her down and cleaned her good.. but she was already spotless!!

                    most 762x39 surplus is corrosive right?? I have some norinico stuff I bought for it, pretty sure thats corrosive..
                    Happiness is a WARM AR

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      23 Blast
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 3754

                      I don't know about the Norinco ammo - I've never shot that stuff thru the gun. Almost all the ammo that was shot through it was Wolf and Brown Bear, both of which I know are non-corrosive, but they are quite dirty.
                      "Two dead?!? HOW?!?"
                      [sigh] "Bullets, mortar fire, heavy artillery salvos, terminal syphilis, bad luck --- the usual things, Captain."

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Rob454
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 11254

                        Originally posted by Norsemen308
                        dear lord.... so 29 posts and no one can give me a clear answer...

                        so russians and the chinese sks's are good to go?
                        Yeah they are good to go. Russian SKS is the most desirable of the bunch. I have a yugo M59 and it has a clean shiny bore no pitting and ive shot up to 250 yards. I havent shot past that because I just never set up further than 250 yards for targets. The chinese seem the cheapest built as far as looks and feel but they shoot perfectly fine. my buddy has a short barrel paratrooper model and it shoots fine.
                        Everybody should have a SKS at one time. As far as corrosive ammo as long as you clean the gun after shooting it you are fine. it only makes a difference when people don't clean the gun and leave it for extended periods of time without cleaning it. Otherwise its fine to shoot. And since most are "afraid" to use it sometimes you can get it cheaper

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Dion
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 818

                          I also want to add that the SKS is the easiest rifle to breakdown.
                          www.dionridesbikes.com

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            mievil
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 1788

                            Originally posted by Rob454
                            The chinese seem the cheapest built as far as looks and feel ...
                            There was a huger variation in the Chinese SKS from early build that was made to Russian specs using Russian tooling, to late build sheet metal rifles and cost saving measures. Those changes happened over 30-ish years. The early ones should not feel or look any different than the Russians.

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              BoonieGhost
                              Member
                              • Jul 2010
                              • 251

                              Originally posted by Dion
                              I also want to add that the SKS is the easiest rifle to breakdown.
                              HARDLY! I take it you've never stripped an AK. Doesnt get much easier than that...

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                BoonieGhost
                                Member
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 251

                                Originally posted by mievil
                                There was a huger variation in the Chinese SKS from early build that was made to Russian specs using Russian tooling, to late build sheet metal rifles and cost saving measures. Those changes happened over 30-ish years. The early ones should not feel or look any different than the Russians.
                                Yeah, all the Keng's Firearms Specialty (KFS) SKS's that were made in the 50's were all made to Russian Specs if im not mistaken. A friend of mine has one (made in '57 or '58 I believe), and its a really beefy rifle and believe it or not, its really accurate out to about 300 yards even with the irons on it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1