Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington 700 Recall

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LBDamned
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2011
    • 19040

    Originally posted by BumBum
    Update on my post above: I decided to call Remington customer service today. It was a good thing that I did - I was informed that my online submission was part of a batch of requests that encountered a glitch and never made it all the way in their system. I guess they index all requests by name, and my name didn't show up in their records. But when they searched for me by e-mail address, it showed up. It is a glitch known to them and they said they only way these are getting processed properly is people like me calling in individually to see what is going on.

    So within a few second of my call, I got the e-mail with all of the instructions and shipping labels. Box is supposed to arrive in 5-7 days.
    Originally posted by Spyder
    Ha! Well that's reassuring!
    Originally posted by 10rounds
    Thanks for the info! So that's why some of us never got the instruction email. I guess that it was better for me that I didn't get the email as it got me motivated to upgrade to a Timney trigger.
    maybe their recall website was developed by CGI Federal (the buffoons responsible for healthcare.gov)
    "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

    Comment

    • epic1856
      Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 493

      Remington is settling a class action lawsuit.

      Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori

      Comment

      • LBDamned
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2011
        • 19040

        Originally posted by epic1856
        Remington is settling a class action lawsuit.

        http://helenair.com/news/local/remin...a4bcf887a.html
        I suspected that was it a few months ago: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7&postcount=68

        I'm not concerned about safety issue and don't plan to return rifle... based on what I've researched this is a formality and not a true safety issue.

        Everyone has their own opinion and of course they may differ from mine.
        "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

        Comment

        • ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57175

          Originally posted by epic1856
          Remington is settling a class action lawsuit.

          http://helenair.com/news/local/remin...a4bcf887a.html
          The interesting thing is that the recent recall is NOT for the "walker" trigger which is the source of the class action lawsuit.
          The recall is for the X-Mark pro trigger which came out AFTER remington stopped using the "walker" triggers in most 700 models.
          It's also interesting to note that the 40x (higher end target guns) and the law enforcement models all still use the "walker" trigger.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • monk
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 4454

            I called Remington today. They said twelve weeks from the they receive the rifle. Note that the rifle isn't received until it's checked in.


            NRA Member
            SAF Member


            A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

            Comment

            • piratebike
              Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 279

              They received mine on 5-12 and I got it back on 6-26.

              Comment

              • steel30
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 2042

                Dangit! Just checked my serial # and mine is in the recall group. Guess I have a choice to upgrade trigger or send her in...
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Laddy
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2012
                  • 558

                  Has anyone heard when retail stores will be restocked?
                  LT. Col. Kilgore: "What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey!"

                  WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me

                  Comment

                  • E92335i
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 2937

                    Some stores have the Remington 700 LTR with 40x trigger. That's it.

                    Comment

                    • Laddy
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 558

                      Originally posted by E92335i
                      Some stores have the Remington 700 LTR with 40x trigger. That's it.
                      Ya, that's what I've found.

                      I'm on the peninsula, and have only been met with shrugs and "don't know" regarding when SPS' will start filtering back into stores.
                      LT. Col. Kilgore: "What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey!"

                      WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me

                      Comment

                      • Justintoxicated
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 3836

                        Just ordered a Timney512 same thing as the 510 right (only it was in stock).

                        Comment

                        • ar15barrels
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 57175

                          Originally posted by Justintoxicated
                          Just ordered a Timney512 same thing as the 510 right.
                          The 512 seems to be a nickel plated 510.
                          Randall Rausch

                          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                          Comment

                          • Laddy
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2012
                            • 558

                            Visited my local store this afternoon and inquired about Remington turn times and when they would be resupplying 700s for retail sale. The gunsmith told me Remington just received their biggest shipment of replacement triggers and that turn around times should be picking up.

                            Just thought I'd share.
                            LT. Col. Kilgore: "What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey!"

                            WTB: Dan Wesson ECO .45; PM me

                            Comment

                            • LBDamned
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 19040

                              Originally posted by Laddy
                              Visited my local store this afternoon and inquired about Remington turn times and when they would be resupplying 700s for retail sale. The gunsmith told me Remington just received their biggest shipment of replacement triggers and that turn around times should be picking up.

                              Just thought I'd share.
                              I thought they were just cleaning up the existing trigger... what is different about the replacement triggers?
                              "Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. Trump

                              Comment

                              • jtv3062
                                Veteran Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 2770

                                Originally posted by LBDamned
                                I thought they were just cleaning up the existing trigger... what is different about the replacement triggers?
                                Same here. I figured Remington would remove the excess glue and reapply, then reinstall and ship the rifles out.
                                Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your Honour
                                Let's pray for Obama Psalm 109:8






                                159

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1