Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield Loaded 1911 VS Glock 21

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    gunafficionado
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 551

    G21

    Comment

    • #77
      Degrelle
      Banned
      • Oct 2014
      • 364

      Originally posted by sportDogger
      Why don't you take your shiny antique drop it in a pond of water for a second then drop it in soft sand. Wonder how your pretty gun would do? I know how a glock does. Yall keep bring up old history..... does military still use 1911?


      Many did. Not just in a "pond of water", but in the Atlantic shoreline and on the beaches of the pacific. That's a bit harsher than a "pond of water" and "soft sand". And their "shiny antiques" kept on going.


      Glocks go kaboom by themselves. No sand needed.

      Comment

      • #78
        himurax13
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 3895

        Originally posted by Degrelle
        Many did. Not just in a "pond of water", but in the Atlantic shoreline and on the beaches of the pacific. That's a bit harsher than a "pond of water" and "soft sand". And their "shiny antiques" kept on going.


        Glocks go kaboom by themselves. No sand needed.
        LOL, those were Colt rattleboxes and the like and they really were not that shiney.

        I highly doubt the current versions of the 1911 could handle that abuse. In fact, I know they can't.

        Being a sidearm and all, I highly doubt it played a significant role in the outcome of any war.
        Originally posted by Bumslie
        HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
        Originally posted by Sleighter
        Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

        Lifetime NRA member.

        Comment

        • #79
          TMB 1
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2012
          • 7153

          Originally posted by sportDogger
          Why don't you take your shiny antique drop it in a pond of water for a second then drop it in soft sand. Wonder how your pretty gun would do? I know how a glock does. Yall keep bring up old history..... does military still use 1911? Didn't the crappy beretta 92 replace it? Yeah I'd stick with my ugly plastic p.o.s. glock that shoots any ammo in its caliber and isn't a finicky little shiny antique.
          This guy did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJlinv3XAhI
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #80
            missiontrails
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7879

            Which gun you "shoot better" or which one you feel is "more accurate" are not things that would register in my mind in a SHTF situation. Let's say that you don't have a cleaning kit, or lube..... and let's say that you have a stash of JHP's..... a 1911, really??? A 1911 over a gun (G21) that you can take a crap in and it still works? Let's say that 3 mags are all you have and you will never get more... 1911 mags, really?
            Last edited by missiontrails; 01-12-2015, 10:38 AM.

            Comment

            • #81
              himurax13
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 3895

              Originally posted by TMB 1
              Meh, they rinsed them off before shooting.
              Originally posted by Bumslie
              HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
              Originally posted by Sleighter
              Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

              Lifetime NRA member.

              Comment

              • #82
                Mossy Man
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2011
                • 7641

                Originally posted by missiontrails
                Which gun you "shoot better" or which one you feel is "more accurate" are not things that would register in my mind in a SHTF situation. Let's say that you don't have a cleaning kit, or lube..... and let's say that you have a stash of JHP's..... a 1911, really... over a gun that you can take a crap in and it still works? Let's say that 3 mags are all you have and you will never get more... 1911 mags, really?
                I have two Springfield mags whose plastic baseplates just cracked off.

                Literally just cracked and caused all the rounds to fall out.

                Comment

                • #83
                  missiontrails
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7879

                  Originally posted by Mossy Man
                  I have two Springfield mags whose plastic baseplates just cracked off.

                  Literally just cracked and caused all the rounds to fall out.
                  I wasn't even thinking about baseplates when I mentioned mags... Interestimg..

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    Mossy Man
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 7641

                    Originally posted by missiontrails
                    I wasn't even thinking about baseplates when I mentioned mags... Interestimg..
                    I replaced them with WC ETMs

                    They work well enough but the cost makes my Glock mags look cheap

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      TMB 1
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2012
                      • 7153

                      Originally posted by Mossy Man
                      I replaced them with WC ETMs

                      They work well enough but the cost makes my Glock mags look cheap
                      You should get some of these they work perfect http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/191145automagazine.aspx
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Carcassonne
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 4897

                        I have two 1911 type pistols (full size 1911A1 and Officers) and 3-1/2 Glock Pistols (G17, G26, G21, and G20 slide). I would carry my Officers, but not the A1. I would carry a Taurus before I carried the 1911A1. I would feel comfortable carrying any of my Glocks.


                        .
                        Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                        In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                        I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Mossy Man
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 7641

                          Originally posted by TMB 1
                          You should get some of these they work perfect http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/191145automagazine.aspx
                          I have a dozen or so GI mags, but maybe half need new springs.

                          I get nose dives sometimes on the old ones; probably weak mag springs.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            riftol
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2014
                            • 518

                            Originally posted by desertrider

                            G21 is a beast, the grip is huge.

                            If you have small hands you'll probably feel better with the 1911.
                            +1.

                            I sold my G20 and G21 because I could not get used to their huge grips.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Bobby Ricigliano
                              Mit Gott und Mauser
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 17439

                              I recently acquired a BNIB Springer Loaded Parkerized with the Geneseo stamped frame (irrelevant, but preferred). I put 200 rounds through it so far without cleaning it and it just runs like a top. I did swap out the FLGR for a GI setup and Wilson flat recoil spring. The weapon feels completely dependable.

                              1911 vs Glock is a silly comparison. Apples and oranges.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Teachu2
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2012
                                • 835

                                Originally posted by calibased
                                which do you take off the rack if shtf? Both have 10rd mags and tlr-2s.
                                I'm assuming "off the rack" means new, unaltered, factory-fresh guns. I own three very reliable 1911s, two Colts and a Les Baer. I also own six .45acp Glocks - five Gen3s (21, 21SF, 30, 30SF, 36) and a Gen4 41. For shtf scenarios, the Glocks are clear winners because they weigh less, hold more (except the G36), and have superior magazines. My hands work the Glocks well, especially the G30. I have lots of 10-round Glock mags, and the largest 1911 mags I have hold eight. The feed lips on 1911 mags tend to take a beating when dropped, the Glock mags don't seem to care.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1