Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Springfield Loaded 1911 VS Glock 21

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lead Waster
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 16650

    I know the old "My Grandpa carried a 1911 in WWII" etc, etc, but I wonder if your Grandpa had a choice, which he would carry. Back then it was a 1911 or a revolver, or a captured Luger or whatever. I'm sure many a GI would have appreciated a lighter side arm.
    ==================

    sigpic


    Remember to dial 1 before 911.

    Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

    There. Are. Four. Lights!

    Comment

    • Cummins_Powered
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 548

      I personally hate the grip of the G21. Ive got big hands and i still think that its like holding a beer can, not to mention i think glock sights are complete garbage.

      I would choose my 19c, but since thats not part of the discussion. 1911 it is.
      Now we know!

      Comment

      • TMB 1
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2012
        • 7153

        Originally posted by Lead Waster
        I know the old "My Grandpa carried a 1911 in WWII" etc, etc, but I wonder if your Grandpa had a choice, which he would carry. Back then it was a 1911 or a revolver, or a captured Luger or whatever. I'm sure many a GI would have appreciated a lighter side arm.
        It's that way now for a lot of LEOs. They don't want to carry a Glock but have no choice.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • BigPimping
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2010
          • 21487

          Originally posted by JTROKS
          The special units in military were given 1911s for it's the preferred sidearm of those who are at the tip of the spear. Even Special response teams at Federal, state and local LEOs use the 1911 for the require the utmost confidence with their equipment.

          I have both and if SHTF I'll pick the 1911 (SIG TTT and Colt Commander). That doesn't mean the G21 is not worthy, but I just want a pistol that is quick to deploy and shoot with confidence.
          In my experience as a paramedic in Alameda county, I have come across LEOs from state, local and federal levels. Never have I seen one with a 1911. Nearly always Glock, SIG or a Smith and Wesson MP. My service to the county began 1n 1991.
          sigpic

          PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

          When pimping begins, friendship ends.

          Don't let your history be a mystery

          Comment

          • BigPimping
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2010
            • 21487

            Originally posted by tacticalcity
            Uh, no not really. 1ST SFOD-D (Delta Force) guys can choose any handgun they want, and are without question our militarizes best trained shooters with regards to the handgun (As much as I admire them the Seals don't even come close on the handgun) choose two handguns more than any other. Most choose the Glock. A smaller number choose the 1911.

            Most PMCs from what was Blackwater, Triple Canopy, etc. choose a Glock.

            Most SWAT Teams that have a choice choose either a Glock or 1911. Again, more often than not they pick a Glock.

            When you ask an instructor from a big name shooting school (GunCite, US Training Center, FrontSight, etc) what your first handgun they recommend for self defense, 99% of the time the answer is Glock. Even when they have a 1911 in their holster.

            These are all guys who know what they are doing and can choose anything they want, and 9 times out of 10 they choose a Glock.

            You might prefer something else and be distracted by the latest fad to hit the market. But the Big Boys still love the Glock.
            I was referring to Glock my friend. The gold standard.
            sigpic

            PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

            When pimping begins, friendship ends.

            Don't let your history be a mystery

            Comment

            • 451040
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 2169

              Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
              Perhaps some of the folks pew-pewing the single stack 8 round 1911 magazine can tell us about some of their personal experiences in gunfights where the larger capacity magazines were an advantage. Otherwise, it is just more theoretical internet hot air from armchair tactician types.
              On the other hand, perhaps a highly experienced gunfighter like yourself can set aside the condescension and educate the forum on how a single stack 8 round 1911 magazine is on par with, or more advantageous than, larger capacity magazines. Otherwise, it is just more theoretical internet hot air from armchair tactician types.

              Comment

              • Mossy Man
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2011
                • 7641

                Here's mine:



                Definitely prettier than the Glock

                Comment

                • glockprotected
                  Member
                  • Sep 2014
                  • 202

                  I chose Glock.
                  I read a quote from someone hear that read
                  "You show your friends a 1911
                  You show your enemies a Glock.

                  Gaston Glock had military personnel and engineers get together to design a firearm that was made with the least amount of parts, easy to field strip to clean, light, and simple.
                  It was designed with latest technology (1980's)

                  1911 was designed in early 1900's. Sh*t has changed since then.

                  I think this ....
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • glockprotected
                    Member
                    • Sep 2014
                    • 202

                    Originally posted by Mossy Man
                    Here's mine:



                    Definitely prettier than the Glock
                    These are pretty to alot of people!!!!!!

                    528116_318486988216611_101149963283649_869451_1417810306_n1.jpg
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • teetsjones
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 1374

                      Originally posted by glockprotected
                      I chose Glock.
                      I read a quote from someone hear that read
                      "You show your friends a 1911
                      You show your enemies a Glock.

                      Gaston Glock had military personnel and engineers get together to design a firearm that was made with the least amount of parts, easy to field strip to clean, light, and simple.
                      It was designed with latest technology (1980's)

                      1911 was designed in early 1900's. Sh*t has changed since then.

                      I think this ....
                      Except, that the 1911 is still in service with some segments of the Military. That's a 104 years in service. When you have a design that works... There are some things that are just the epitome of design, the B52 for instance will see service until sometime in the 2040s, nearly 100 years in service.

                      I will hand it ti Glock for pioneering the use of polymer frames for firearms but that's about the only thing I can think of that sets it apart from any other "modern" handgun.
                      Last edited by teetsjones; 01-13-2015, 11:22 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Mossy Man
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 7641

                        Originally posted by glockprotected
                        These are pretty to alot of people!!!!!!

                        [ATTACH]382372[/ATTACH]
                        My Glocks are all scratched up from actual use lol

                        Comment

                        • MauserMike
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 684

                          poeple forgetting we live in commiefornia..... 13+1 is illegal. so 8+1 vs 10+1 is the real difference. and since we are in california and i don't like how glock feels or shoots for me. 1911 it is.
                          Slapping an upper onto a lower is not "building" an AR-15.

                          What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do you illiterate pawns not understand!?

                          Comment

                          • himurax13
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 3895

                            Originally posted by MauserMike
                            poeple forgetting we live in commiefornia..... 13+1 is illegal. so 8+1 vs 10+1 is the real difference. and since we are in california and i don't like how glock feels or shoots for me. 1911 it is.
                            I guess some people forget that some people have preban standard capacity preban mags.
                            Originally posted by Bumslie
                            HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                            Originally posted by Sleighter
                            Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                            Lifetime NRA member.

                            Comment

                            • crufflers
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 12723

                              Originally posted by MauserMike
                              poeple forgetting we live in commiefornia..... 13+1 is illegal. so 8+1 vs 10+1 is the real difference.
                              Lots of people have LEGAL old Glock mags (they are plastic shelled but they last forever), which is a huge plus if you have them, and a reason to get another of the same caliber if it works with old mags. I like the Glock 21 mags with a plus two base plate, which makes for a 16 round .45 ACP gun without looking ridiculous.

                              There are also Glock 26,27,29,30,36, etc... that'll give you ten rounds or less in as small a package as any other state. You want firepower? A 29SF is rostered and ten rounds of the most powerful cartridge you can get in a Glock. G30 will hold 9 or 10 .45 ACP's depending on the mag - finger extension or flush.

                              Comment

                              • TMB 1
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 7153

                                Originally posted by himurax13
                                I guess some people forget that some people have preban standard capacity preban mags.
                                Originally posted by crufflers
                                Lots of people have LEGAL old Glock mags (they are plastic shelled but they last forever), which is a huge plus if you have them, and a reason to get another of the same caliber if it works with old mags. I like the Glock 21 mags with a plus two base plate, which makes for a 16 round .45 ACP gun without looking ridiculous.

                                There are also Glock 26,27,29,30,36, etc... that'll give you ten rounds or less in as small a package as any other state. You want firepower? A 29SF is rostered and ten rounds of the most powerful cartridge you can get in a Glock. G30 will hold 9 or 10 .45 ACP's depending on the mag - finger extension or flush.
                                Lots of people have legal old double stack 1911 mags too. I never liked the feel of the fat grip, so I stuck with the standard 1911.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1