Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dan Wesson or Kimber

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    discoed
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 430

    Kimber, I've had mine for 8 years and not a single problem.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #62
      KTM RICK
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 564

      Please. Dan Wesson hands down

      Comment

      • #63
        TacticalSpork
        Member
        • Mar 2014
        • 408

        Originally posted by skosh69
        Ok genius, how do you know what I own??? You been in my house and looked in my safe???

        Way to make an ASSumption there buddy!
        [QUOTE=DArBad;15316268]
        Originally posted by Dvrjon
        FTW:
        You have a Kimber.
        You don't have a Dan Wesson.
        Dan Wesson is not on the Roster.
        Kimber is on the Roster:



        He owns both a Kimber and Dan Wesson, stop being condescending, that's not nice.

        I think you guys are reading his comment wrong. the way I read it is that he is referring to the OP who already has a Kimber, and doesn't have a DW yet. and he's saying that he should get the Dan Wesson while he can still SSE it since the Kimber is on Roster.

        I think he is saying For The Win to Skosh69's comment: Get the DW now and the Raptor next year.

        which means he agrees with your comment and is indicating that it's the answer. again, that's just the way I read it and I could be wrong


        Either way, I'm jealous of all your guys' cool toys
        Last edited by TacticalSpork; 11-26-2014, 9:28 PM.
        Want to earn more cash back on your purchases? Register with Swagbucks or Activejunky

        http://www.swagbucks.com/p/register?rb=32929117


        http://activejunky.com/invite/189979


        Send me a PM if you want a rundown on how it works

        Comment

        • #64
          TripleThreat
          CGN Contributor
          • Mar 2012
          • 2642

          Thanks to this thread I bought a Black Valor today to go with my 70's series stainless Kimber. I need to stay off CN in the future.



          Triple
          Last edited by TripleThreat; 12-26-2014, 4:19 PM.
          1911 "The MILF of handguns"

          LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

          Comment

          • #65
            Stkx66
            Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 134

            Originally posted by ShooterStymie
            If they are the same price, then the DW is a no-brainer. I did see Palmetto State had a Raptor for $929 (don't remember which model), and for $300-500 less, it could be worth considering.

            I have the Specialist and it is definitely worth the money. I also have a couple Kimbers and think they are great guns at the $1k price point - but they can't hang if comparing to guns at the $1500+ price point.
            I agree. I have 3 Kimbers and all run well but I always had that $1,000 target limit. I always wanted a DW but it was an extra $500. Some day

            Comment

            • #66
              TripleThreat
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2012
              • 2642

              Originally posted by TripleThreat
              I have a 70's series Kimber, and I'd say DW due to pier pressure alone. However, the my Kimber runs great.

              Trip
              Because of this stupid as thread, I now have a DW Valor (xmas present to myself). I have yet to shoot it, but I hope Calgunners will refrain from posts like this in the future, I'm trying to stay married.

              FWIW, I'll be doing a RIA vs Kimber vs Valor shoot-off on Monday, I will post results and a few photos and place a link here.

              Triple
              Last edited by TripleThreat; 12-26-2014, 6:38 PM.
              1911 "The MILF of handguns"

              LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

              Comment

              • #67
                hk200085
                Member
                • Apr 2013
                • 473

                DW, and you will forget about about the Kimber.

                Comment

                • #68
                  audiction
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • 785

                  dan wesson for me.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    static808
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 893

                    Originally posted by 1crazy4x4
                    Wow I was thinking the kimber would get some love. Quess not
                    i own a kimber and vote dan wesson!

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      Dvrjon
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Nov 2012
                      • 11370

                      Originally posted by TacticalSpork
                      I think you guys are reading his comment wrong. the way I read it is that he is referring to the OP who already has a Kimber, and doesn't have a DW yet. and he's saying that he should get the Dan Wesson while he can still SSE it since the Kimber is on Roster.

                      I think he is saying For The Win to Skosh69's comment: Get the DW now and the Raptor next year.

                      which means he agrees with your comment and is indicating that it's the answer. again, that's just the way I read it and I could be wrong

                      Either way, I'm jealous of all your guys' cool toys
                      Thanks! At least one person can read a comment and not believe the world turns around them.

                      (We'll just leave the rest of the vitriolic, condescending ASSumptions made by DArBad and Skosh69, as part of their incisive legacy).

                      Happy Holidays.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Mot Mi
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 1061

                        Dude, Dan Wesson wth!

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          1crazy4x4
                          Member
                          • Sep 2013
                          • 199

                          I just wanted to update this and say the Dan Wesson is a nice gun but I sent it back for a tune up! I will say the company picked up the shipping and says they will make it right. But I'm not real happy . It looks like they didn't finished the reed ramp and it would not chamber a round with the magazine fully loaded ! So in life nothing is perfect but is shoots nice and feels nice and tight. So hopefully in a few weeks it will be a 10 !


                          Comment

                          • #73
                            sjg1966
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 1047

                            I'm new to 1911s but from what I've read....Dan Wesson.
                            Watch Astro steal brass and take it into his cage....
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4B_pd-yRWE&hd=1

                            Glock 20C at indoor range....
                            http://youtu.be/T4bP8DnhT9Q

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              davidb
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 1769

                              Wow yeah that feed ramp looks pretty uneven and I'd be unhappy with that, but I'm not positive that's what's causing the feed issue as it looks pretty good where the bullet actually feeds higher up on the ramp

                              Did you try multiple kinds of mags? Some mags just don't work in some 1911's

                              Could also be that the mags spring just needs to be broken in
                              Last edited by davidb; 12-27-2014, 3:47 AM.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                1crazy4x4
                                Member
                                • Sep 2013
                                • 199

                                Yes I tested 3 different kinds of ammo and 3 magazines. It's back at the factory and I'm stuck shooting my Kimber until it comes back LOL !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1