Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 17, 10rd mag problems?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    EspoMan
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1618

    Originally posted by CV62
    Just adding in. I have a 3rd Gen G17 with 10 2183-2 10 round mags with no issues even with PMCs.
    Thanks for adding your input. Im starting to think that theres something wrong with my particular gun.
    Living in the free State of Nevada

    Comment

    • #47
      97F1504RAD
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2008
      • 6319

      Originally posted by EspoMan
      Yup I tap the mags against my palm to make sure they are seated and I give the mag a good thump with my palm after loading it into the gun. I honestly dont think its the followers. I think its the ammo. Like someone here suggested, maybe its too lightly powered. When I used the federal I felt more recoil. But I did some research online and tons of people use PMC with their glocks no problem. I ordered a variety of ammo to test. When I go shooting again ill report back. At this point I think im just going to sell it though. I lost confidence in the weapon already. Never had a gun jam on me as much as this one has.

      Thanks for all the help guys
      I would not sell the gun, get in touch with Glock and send the pistol and the mags back to them and let them resolve the issue. It sounds to me as though the firearm itself has an issue give them a chance to fix it.

      Comment

      • #48
        EspoMan
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 1618

        Originally posted by 97F1504RAD
        I would not sell the gun, get in touch with Glock and send the pistol and the mags back to them and let them resolve the issue.
        Yeah I might as well contact them. I will call them Monday. Do you guys know what the typical turn around time is on Glocks when sent back to them?
        Living in the free State of Nevada

        Comment

        • #49
          crufflers
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2011
          • 12723

          Originally posted by crufflers
          So is it just the 9mm neutered mags?
          ...and not other calibers like Glock 22 ten round mags or glock 23 ten rounders, etc... that we have to be aware of the follower type?

          Comment

          • #50
            ElDub1950
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2012
            • 5688

            Just checked all my G19 mags and they all have 2183 followers .. apples and oranges .. G17 mags are a different animal so some combinations work and some don't.

            Comment

            • #51
              Legasat
              Intergalactic Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Mar 2009
              • 4151

              I had problems last year with a G19 feeding HP's consistently. Glock sent me out some of the 9mm #3 followers, and it fixed my problem. Not saying it will defiantly fix your problem, but it's worth a shot!

              Photos for you...









              The #3 followers fixed the jamming with HP's
              ..

              .........STGC(SW)


              SAF Life Member

              sigpic
              NRA Benefactor

              Comment

              • #52
                EspoMan
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2011
                • 1618

                Thank you sir.
                Living in the free State of Nevada

                Comment

                • #53
                  ElDub1950
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 5688

                  Originally posted by Legasat
                  I had problems last year with a G19 feeding HP's consistently. Glock sent me out some of the 9mm #3 followers, and it fixed my problem. Not saying it will defiantly fix your problem, but it's worth a shot!
                  That's a good point!! I haven't switched to 9mm for SD/HD yet so I haven't tried any HPs. All my 9mm shooting has been target ammo with my 2183 followers. I'll have to test carefully when I switch.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    EspoMan
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 1618

                    Yeah from what I been reading the only time people had feeding issues with the 2183 followers was with HP not FMJs
                    Living in the free State of Nevada

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      EspoMan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 1618

                      Generation 3. I checked the recoil spring. Its fine. Its a brand new glock
                      Living in the free State of Nevada

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Mstnpete
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 4039

                        Originally posted by EspoMan
                        Generation 3. I checked the recoil spring. Its fine. Its a brand new glock
                        Double recoil spring? That was the issue before with brand new Glocks!
                        Maybe your recoil spring was never replaced by Glock. Find out from the store you bought it from.
                        Last edited by Mstnpete; 07-19-2014, 6:21 PM.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          EspoMan
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 1618

                          No sir just single spring
                          Living in the free State of Nevada

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Mstnpete
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 4039

                            Ok 2 things bad follower or weak magazine springs.
                            Last edited by Mstnpete; 07-20-2014, 12:37 PM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              EspoMan
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 1618

                              You think the springs could be weak in a new mag though? The bullets fit really tight
                              Living in the free State of Nevada

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Mstnpete
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 2006
                                • 4039

                                Originally posted by EspoMan
                                You think the springs could be weak in a new mag though? The bullets fit really tight
                                I have seen them new and bullets seating all the way in the middle and will not go up as well while brand new. There are some crappy ones.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1