Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
M&P9 PRO & C.O.R.E Information and Question Thread!
Collapse
X
-
I was at Full Spectrum Firearms two weeks ago and they had the pro in stock.Are there any M&P9 Pro Series handguns approved for CA purchase? (if not can our local gun shops get these and do the single shot exemption deal or no because of the round restriction etc?)
I was thinking about how much I would be using this for target practice and hopefully more tactical target shooting in the future if I could find a place to do that and the Pro Series seems to be better option for that purpose. It will still be a HD gun as well but I think even though it's 3/4" longer that will still be fine really.
Is this Pro really worth the extra premium? ... Plus how about the C.O.R.E., is there a real benefit there as well (other then optics-ready)? Or is the standard M&P9 better with just a couple upgrades?
But I do not see a 10+1 round M&P int he Pro Series at all leading me to believe the only option is the basic 4.25" 9 and not the 5" pro series.
And on a side not I see 4 listings for 10+1 standard M&P9's (109201/301 & 109251/351).
What are the differences in these 4 models does anyone know? Curious what I should be asking for if these are all CA approved and they differ somehow.
Or should I just stick with the standard series and at some point do this Apex trigger kit and RAM that many say are a HUGE upgrade? Will I notice the loss in the 3/4" though? Just wanting to make sure my first handgun purchase is the right one.
Thanks so much for the info ... from the looks of thing I may be getting this late next month so I'm preparing and gathering data to make sure I make the correct purchase.

Comment
-
Thanks for that ... didn't even know that gun shop existed until you just said it and I googled it and saw it was at Shaw & Brawley.
I'll have to go over there and check it out.
Just found their FB page and they show M&P Pro came in stock there about 2 weeks ago.Last edited by falconman515; 06-16-2014, 3:55 PM.Comment
-
You're welcome. I hope you have deep pockets because they have a wide selection of pistols you can acquire through sse
Comment
-
Ohhh Crap (I wish I did)
Nice to know they carry those hard to find guns and SSE em.
Do they charge a lot extra to SSE
Also are the mags blocked down already when they sell these?
Just curious how they do these when they do em.Comment
-
There is some dude named Jerry that has one mounted ;-)
Jerry Link
This is what I found when a friend of mine was thinking of going that route
I prefer the smaller MOA. I have had both the Deltapoint (3.5 MOA) and the Trijicon RMR (3.25) on my CORE. Current optic is the RMR.The supplied #4 C-MORE STS plate fits the Vortex Razor. However the Vortex will not fit into the slide as it comes. The body of the Vortex is a little longer in front. I had to remove .035" from the forward shoulder of the slide to get the sight to drop down and sit flat. The sight is great but will require slight modification to the slide.
Also the body is a little tall to co-witness well with the sights. You can see them but they are at the very bottom of the lens.
The lock screw is easily accessed if you shorten the Allen wrench a little.Comment
-
I suspect I'll get a lot of flames here but...
Depending on your age and how much you want to be on the leading edge I would recommend buying the C.O.R.E. Pistols with red dots are just now becoming an accepted practice and I strongly believe that they will be the dominant mode for pistol shooting (including carrying) in the next 3-5 years. It is simply a better system for aging eyes and anyone who wants to get a more rapid and accurate sight picture than with irons.
RDS' will get smaller and more appropriate for the task, more guns will be cut for them and more will begin to appear with them integrated. I know that the firearm biz moves slowly but the military M4's have paved the way and this is just ripe for trickle down. Why not spend the extra $100 now and be ready for when you decide to do it?
You know you want to!
BComment
-
Yea, scanning the youtube world last year got me focused on the C.O.R.E and the RDS pistol paradigm. Plus he and I have so much in common, except for his shooting speed and accuracy, knowledge of the firearms biz, southern accent and big hands. Other than that, we're twins.
But seeing the video came at a time when I had become discontent with my DA/SA H&K's and I was planning on purchase a (or some) striker fired handguns. Likely Glocks. I know that Jerry is an employee of S&W but he also has a winning streak and reputation to maintain and if he will bet it all on M&P's that made them worthy of consideration. Plus, once I held them in my hand it was game over.
B
P.S. AGFNTB have you also considered the RMR with the triangle? I presume it's for a 6 o'clock hold and so it's size is not relevant with regard to covering the target. Correct?
There is some dude named Jerry that has one mounted ;-)
Jerry Link
This is what I found when a friend of mine was thinking of going that route
I prefer the smaller MOA. I have had both the Deltapoint (3.5 MOA) and the Trijicon RMR (3.25) on my CORE. Current optic is the RMR.Comment
-
Only reason a CORE may be not for me is due the fact a dang red-dot costs as much as the damn gun does!
Heck even Jerry said he was running a Vortex and I thought "Hey they have products for good prices maybe I'll check that Razor out he said he uses" ... $500 Whhhaaaaa.
Ya If I ever get that far into competition shooting then maybe I might look at it but overall the only advantage I see to the CORE is the ability to add that red-dot or accessory rail and I will not spend that much on a red-dot as I will never have a need I don't think.
Now if I had a bunch of money to spend I would assume even using this for range target shooting having the red-dot would be a great advantage and who knows maybe it would be worth the extra 500 bucks just for that alone but my budget just doesn't constitute it I don;t think.Comment
-
I have a friend running a JP JPoint for $299 on his CORE. $300 is a lot less than $500. You can occasionally get the JPoint for less than $300 too.
I would get the CORE just to future proof yourself. You can also bet that in a few years, micro reflex sights will cost a lot less than they do now. Especially if more companies begin to machine their slides on production guns."Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry GoldwaterComment
-
Yep, my point as well. From a shooting perspective the CORE is very similar to the standard Pro but just has slightly taller sights to be able to co-witness with a RDS when you add one. But you needn't add one to effectively use the gun. So as K1 said, you are future-proofed by selecting one, with the notion that you can add a red dot later on.
And I do feel your pain. The mini red dots are outrageously priced and I have not selected one yet for that reason.
But I should also add that I don't consider the RDS as only for competition or as a range toy. More of the military are validating and carrying RDS's for defensive use for the reasons that make them valuable in other modes of use.
As I said, I really think they will be standard carry in the coming years.
Best,
B
I have a friend running a JP JPoint for $299 on his CORE. $300 is a lot less than $500. You can occasionally get the JPoint for less than $300 too.
I would get the CORE just to future proof yourself. You can also bet that in a few years, micro reflex sights will cost a lot less than they do now. Especially if more companies begin to machine their slides on production guns.Comment
-
Ya .... $#!t ... You Guys Are Killing Me!!!
Now I'm thinking "Ya it cost more but it can be red-dot ready" ... and after watching a bunch of videos I'm thinking dammit I may want to have that option for a cheaper dot as they come on the market more ... or hell who knows maybe I want to buy myself a birthday present next year and it happens to be a new red-dot RMR for my gun?!?!?! Arrrggghhh
What the standard price difference between the M&P9 regular FS, M&P9 Pro (4.25 and 5"), and the M&P9 Pro CORE (4.25 and 5")???
If I am going to go all out should I just be looking for a 5" and not the 4.25"
this was originally gonna cost me $625 out the door for the M&P9 ($550 for gun, taxes and $25 filing) .... how much more am I looking at now for say the CORE or the just the Pro if I decide to not?
Tough thing will be finding a CORE in my area .. no one has em' that I know of.
Thanks for the help guys and spending more of my money probably.
Comment
-
Is this the correct M&P9 Pro model for a CA sale? Model# 178048?
Shows it's a 10 round so the mags should be able to be used here ... I want to make sure if I find one local or buy one online I will be getting the right one.
Does this model need to SSE'd for CA sale do you know?
I am thinking about just going with the Pro and not the CORE ... It;s just to much more here .... being quoted $800 for it and really I don't care for the high sights ... plus they do not a 10 round mag edition so I would have to buy a couple more mags and that would set me back another $80 plus dollars ... really out of my range at this time and if I start to get Really Into This who knows I may come back for it at that point ... the Pro is the perfect middle ground I think ... but I think I would like the 5" barrel to have better sight radius, more accuracy and velocity when target shooting plus the Novak sights might be a welcomed addition over the standard FS dot sights, plus it seems the trigger has a slight upgrade amongst other things that make the Pro "Worth It" looks like.
Overall for the price I am seeing on the Pro it may be worth it maybe.
Just want to make sure that model #178048 is the correct CA ready to go M&P9 Pro
Thanks guys.
Last edited by falconman515; 06-18-2014, 11:09 PM.Comment
-
it would still have to be SSE'd, I believe, since it's not on the CA DOJ roster.... sorry.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,438
Posts: 25,147,842
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 21264 users online. 151 members and 21113 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment