Right on the money. Exactly why I won't waste my time with a enthusiast grade 1911, because I'm not shooting in contests or from the bench looking for bragging rights from a $2500 gun that shoots 1.5" sandbag groups. Futthermore, all the more reason I'm not interested in a "looser" built 1911 either, because mechanical accuracy isn't going to eclipse a modern design .45ACP pistol. Neat technology and all, and great history behind them, but the design is OLD, heavy, and has single stack low amount of firepower..... plus SAO with no 100% safe way to quickly uncock a hammer on a live round. Still the best trigger though.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
1911 Reliability: Myths vs Facts
Collapse
X
-
-
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.Originally posted by redcliffA Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Comment
-
So what you're basically saying is the 1911 doesn't suit your tastes.Right on the money. Exactly why I won't waste my time with a enthusiast grade 1911, because I'm not shooting in contests or from the bench looking for bragging rights from a $2500 gun that shoots 1.5" sandbag groups. Futthermore, all the more reason I'm not interested in a "looser" built 1911 either, because mechanical accuracy isn't going to eclipse a modern design .45ACP pistol. Neat technology and all, and great history behind them, but the design is OLD, heavy, and has single stack low amount of firepower..... plus SAO with no 100% safe way to quickly uncock a hammer on a live round. Still the best trigger though.
From your perspective, the 1911 is for an enthusiast target shooter who not only places importance on a good trigger but on the historical value of his gun. Furthermore, the only 1911 worth owning is a high end one, but doing so would turn you into a snooty show off rich boy with no way to de-cock his load.Do I look like I'm ready for homework?Comment
-
Yep, not making statements for anyone else. There are too many other modern combat pistols that are engineered to deliver 10-15 rounds of 45ACP downrange, no questions asked, no excuses, in harsh conditions, with minimal maintenance, and with good hand held accuracy. Just speaking for me.....just not interested in one of the many clones based on 100 year old technology and design. Yes, all modern designs have borrowed from the old ones, but they have evolved with use of modern materials, and refinements. To each his own, buy and shoot what you enjoy.So what you're basically saying is the 1911 doesn't suit your tastes.
From your perspective, the 1911 is for an enthusiast target shooter who not only places importance on a good trigger but on the historical value of his gun. Furthermore, the only 1911 worth owning is a high end one, but doing so would turn you into a snooty show off rich boy with no way to de-cock his load.Last edited by missiontrails; 08-13-2013, 8:03 PM.Comment
-
I'll admit it . That's my reason.So what you're basically saying is the 1911 doesn't suit your tastes.
From your perspective, the 1911 is for an enthusiast target shooter who not only places importance on a good trigger but on the historical value of his gun. Furthermore, the only 1911 worth owning is a high end one, but doing so would turn you into a snooty show off rich boy with no way to de-cock his load.
Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
Yet still feels the need to come in and spread FUD and contribute nothing of value.......So what you're basically saying is the 1911 doesn't suit your tastes.
From your perspective, the 1911 is for an enthusiast target shooter who not only places importance on a good trigger but on the historical value of his gun. Furthermore, the only 1911 worth owning is a high end one, but doing so would turn you into a snooty show off rich boy with no way to de-cock his load.Originally posted by barrageThat's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.Comment
-
I've owned them, and they do nothing for me. I have come to understand that they are more "enthusiast" platform than modern "practical" platform by today's standards. I'm not an ethusiast, many are, and that is great. Don't get pissed that I aired my opinion, because that's all that it is.
My most recent 1911 "design" was a SA Loaded Target 9mm, and that heavy sharp-edged hunk of stainless did NOTHING better than the Walther P99AS that I also had at the time, which was more comfortable, lighter, not begging for lube and maintenance, and uh, about half the price.Last edited by missiontrails; 08-13-2013, 8:38 PM.Comment
-
Not mad, I just had no idea I was talking to a real operatorI've owned them, and they do nothing for me. I have come to understand that they are more "enthusiast" platform than modern "practical" platform by today's standards. I'm not an ethusiast, many are, and that is great. Don't get pissed that I aired my opinion, because that's all that it is.
My most recent 1911 "design" was a SA Loaded Target 9mm, and that heavy sharp-edged hunk of stainless did NOTHING better than the Walther P99AS that I also had at the time, which was more comfortable, lighter, not begging for lube and maintenance, and uh, about half the price.
Originally posted by barrageThat's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.Comment
-
It's funny jonzer, for each person who makes stupid comments like that, usually a 1911 myopian, there is another person who sees them for what they really are. Also, I don't mean "what they really are" as a bad, or even a good thing....they are what they are. Nice poke with the operator comment though.Comment
-
I hate when I agree with youIt's funny jonzer, for each person who makes stupid comments like that, usually a 1911 myopian, there is another person who sees them for what they really are. Also, I don't mean "what they really are" as a bad, or even a good thing....they are what they are. Nice poke with the operator comment though.
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
Man this threads awesome

Keep on a guessing. You guys got both my age wrong. And still haven't figured out which 1911 it is.
You guys are getting warmer
Comment
-
Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings
10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!Comment
-
Not sure what handguns CK_32 really owns, because according to his post here, he just turned 21. If he has actually owned a 1911, its been for about 10 minutes. He claimed to be 18 in 2010, yet claims to have bought a Glock 17RTF in 2011 and posted a range report.
Now in this post he claims to be 23.....so from 2010 to 2013 he aged 5 years.....
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...9#post11948159Well it is hard to get it right when you lie about your age........I thought only women do that
Originally posted by barrageThat's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.Comment
-
Comment
-
Lol, I don't always aim to please. In 1911, look at the rifles that ruled the world........lever actions and bolt actions.....and of course the approximate birth date of the 1911 pistol. Now, 2013......... SCAR's, REPR's, AUG's, AR's, AK's, M249"s etc........... and also HK 45's, USP 45's, XDm 45's, G21 Gen 4's, and FNX 45's among others............ that's called evolution.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,557
Posts: 25,149,139
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23168 users online. 116 members and 23052 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment