Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

1911 Reliability: Myths vs Facts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CK_32
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 14369

    Originally posted by jonzer77
    Well it is hard to get it right when you lie about your age........I thought only women do that
    Yup.. Gatta lie about me being 2 years younger than I am.


    Its called a typo guy.
    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

    What's Your Caliber??


    My Youtube channel

    Comment

    • zfields
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 13658

      Originally posted by missiontrails
      Lol, I don't always aim to please. In 1911, look at the rifles that ruled the world........lever actions and bolt actions.....and of course the approximate birth date of the 1911 pistol. Now, 2013......... SCAR's, REPR's, AUG's, AR's, AK's, M249"s etc........... and also HK 45's, USP 45's, XDm 45's, G21 Gen 4's, and FNX 45's among others............ that's called evolution.
      Well in all fairness, Garands, Thompsons and grease guns were all the rage when the 1911 was still on the top of the heap, but compared to "modern" firearms I do agree.
      Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

      10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

      Comment

      • missiontrails
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2008
        • 7879

        Originally posted by CK_32
        Z's been watching my posts.. I've only posted about it in 20 threads.

        And yes it is in 10 day... But yes I do OWN a 1911...
        Well you sure "contributed" a lot without yet ever having one in your possession..... I think that's what people were getting at.

        Comment

        • CK_32
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2010
          • 14369

          Originally posted by missiontrails
          Well you sure "contributed" a lot without yet having one in your possession..... I think that's what people were getting at.
          There we go I was waiting for someone to jump on that.

          Your right.. I wouldn't know anything after shooting my Grandfathers colt for years. Having a buddy let me borrow his custom II for a while before selling it, shooting a friends Nighthawk and several MC operators on several occasions.


          What would I know about shooting various 1911's.
          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

          What's Your Caliber??


          My Youtube channel

          Comment

          • missiontrails
            Calguns Addict
            • Nov 2008
            • 7879

            Originally posted by zfields
            Well in all fairness, Garands, Thompsons and grease guns were all the rage when the 1911 was still on the top of the heap, but compared to "modern" firearms I do agree.
            True.. but Thompson was 1917, and Garand after that. Was just thinking of what was actually there in 1911.

            Comment

            • missiontrails
              Calguns Addict
              • Nov 2008
              • 7879

              Originally posted by CK_32
              There we go I was waiting for someone to jump on that.

              Your right.. I wouldn't know anything after shooting my Grandfathers colt for years. Having a buddy let me borrow his custom II for a while before selling it, shooting a friends Nighthawk and several MC operators on several occasions.


              What would I know about shooting various 1911's.
              Well from reading your older posts, you're confused as to whether you're 21, or 23 right now. So who knows.

              Comment

              • Zula
                Member
                • Apr 2012
                • 109

                There was an earlier thread comparing a 1911 to a Harley Davidson and I believe that there is some truth to this. Bottom line is that 1911's have a special quality that is difficult to quantify by any type of "measurable", if you will.

                Comment

                • jonzer77
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 8525

                  Originally posted by missiontrails
                  Lol, I don't always aim to please. In 1911, look at the rifles that ruled the world........lever actions and bolt actions.....and of course the approximate birth date of the 1911 pistol. Now, 2013......... SCAR's, REPR's, AUG's, AR's, AK's, M249"s etc........... and also HK 45's, USP 45's, XDm 45's, G21 Gen 4's, and FNX 45's among others............ that's called evolution.

                  These aren't exactly "new" guns unless you consider 35-60 years old new......heck the AK which is considered by many as one of the most reliable rifles ever built is almost 55 years old
                  Originally posted by barrage
                  That's because Excelsior threads are like toilet bowls. They're made for crapping in and occasionally pissing on the side of.

                  Comment

                  • missiontrails
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7879

                    Originally posted by CK_32
                    Yup.. Gatta lie about me being 2 years younger than I am.


                    Its called a typo guy.
                    Oh common....in one post you said that you bought a Remington 700 in 2010 for your 18th bday, and then in a post this year you said "and I'm 23"......... just saying, because I was wondering how you bought a glock at age 19.

                    Comment

                    • missiontrails
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7879

                      Originally posted by jonzer77
                      These aren't exactly "new" guns unless you consider 35-60 years old new......heck the AK which is considered by many as one of the most reliable rifles ever built is almost 55 years old
                      I was referring to strickly 1911 technology....... and yes, I should probably leave AK's and DI AR's out of that example for current times.

                      Comment

                      • CK_32
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 14369

                        Originally posted by missiontrails
                        Well from reading your older posts, you're confused as to whether you're 21, or 23 right now. So who knows.
                        Great response


                        Oh and remember who was the ones calling them selves the experts. I did nothing more than add information I know via research and self experiences being I've shot a few low and high end 1911's. You guys were the ones who are apparent 1911 experts, who again have yet to really break down any major 1911 info more than quote my various posts around CGN and try to figure out which 1911 I own which z figured out in 3 seconds of being here.........



                        With the ridiculous notion that "owning a particular gun MAKES you an expert on it"


                        Whats sad is you guys continue to contribute almost nothing to this topic and continue well after I leave to bash my SN and i can bet my top dollar your all older than I am which is sad that a 23 year old kid can walk away and be the bigger man and probably has more shots down range than all 5 of you and still don't proclaim my self as "expert" because I am no where near it. But again that doesn't make me an expert so please excuse me being I'm not up to your caliber of "expertness" you all posses my buying a 1911.


                        Seriously grow the F up try to act like grown men for once. But again please we are all waiting on a full detailed wright up on the 1911 platform in great depth being you guys are so skilled with the 1911.


                        Were all waiting... I've even got my notes out.


                        For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                        What's Your Caliber??


                        My Youtube channel

                        Comment

                        • CK_32
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 14369

                          Originally posted by missiontrails
                          Oh common....in one post you said that you bought a Remington 700 in 2010 for your 18th bday, and then in a post this year you said "and I'm 23"......... just saying, because I was wondering how you bought a glock at age 19.
                          Stop back pedaling to save your face from looking like a a** hole... Exactly do the math.. How did I obtain my Glock 17 when I was "19"....... And my Ruger GP100 when I was supposedly "20" to your math...


                          Like I said it was a typo but your the di** bags who decided to run with it to get good laugh at my expense having at it with my post history.



                          Again its because of you guys which give this forum the rep it does because your so fast to puff your chest and back other members down until like most they leave or stop coming here all together. I don't know if your girlfriends or wives run your a** like a little pony at home that you need to come here to be in charge but you guys seriously need to chill. Your making your selves look like as**s and its embarrassing that its you 5 why I have to defend to everyone I talk to why I even bother with this site because of this exact BS.



                          So are we done..? Can we actually stick back to the OP? Can we grow up and move on and stop with the small di** pissing contests?
                          Last edited by CK_32; 08-13-2013, 10:17 PM.
                          For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

                          What's Your Caliber??


                          My Youtube channel

                          Comment

                          • missiontrails
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7879

                            Originally posted by CK_32
                            Stop back pedaling to save your face from looking like a a** hole... Exactly do the math.. How did I obtain my Glock 17 when I was "19"....... And my Ruger GP100 when I was supposedly "20" to your math...


                            Like I said it was a typo but your the di** bags who decided to run with it to get good laugh at my expense having at it with my post history.



                            Again its because of you guys which give this forum the rep it does because your so fast to puff your chest and back other members down until like most they leave or stop coming here all together. I don't know if your girlfriends or wives run your a** like a little pony at home that you need to come here to be in charge but you guys seriously need to chill. Your making your selves look like as**s and its embarrassing that its you 5 why I have to defend to everyone I talk to why I even bother with this site because of this exact BS.



                            So are we done..? Can we actually stick back to the OP? Can we grow up and move on and stop with the small di** pissing contests?
                            Dude, just going by what YOU said.. You claimed to have turned 18 in 2010, then in 2011 you show off a G17 RTF that you supposedly acquired. Saving face? What? Just repeating your words.

                            Comment

                            • bulletblood
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 753

                              Originally posted by missiontrails
                              also HK 45's, USP 45's, XDm 45's, G21 Gen 4's, and FNX 45's among others............ that's called evolution.
                              If that's evolution then we're still in primordial ooze because the difference in tech between the 1911 and those guns ain't much.
                              Do I look like I'm ready for homework?

                              Comment

                              • missiontrails
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 7879

                                Originally posted by bulletblood
                                If that's evolution then we're still in primordial ooze because the difference in tech between the 1911 and those guns ain't much.
                                Materials, weight, DA/SA, striker, looser tolerances without sacrifice of accuracy but increase in reliability and serviceability, amount of native firepower, useful safety features, better magazines.... all things that I will gladly take in trade for the better break of a 1911 trigger. I beg to differ, that's a lot of change.
                                Last edited by missiontrails; 08-13-2013, 10:40 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1