Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

which .45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Furncliff
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 430

    RIA 1911 .45 Tactical. Accurate, reliable, inexpensive, great customer service, mine had a great trigger out of the box.

    Buy a nice set of comfortable grips and you're GTG.

    P.S. If you do buy the Colt later on, the RIA will be easy to sell, and the RIA guarantee goes with the gun, it's a big plus.
    Last edited by Furncliff; 05-15-2013, 9:45 AM.

    Comment

    • #17
      missiontrails
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2008
      • 7879

      Originally posted by n0xname
      My pref hkusp 45c. But go to rage shoot em all see what u like best and feel most at ease with and fits ar budget.
      Um, you can get two RI's for the price of one of those........ OP's key word was BUDGET.

      Comment

      • #18
        missiontrails
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2008
        • 7879

        Originally posted by bombadillo
        Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This is usually "I can't afford a really nice 1911 so I will just bag on them." Thats all right, I forgive you.



        True story. I have a range queen 1911 for VERY accurate shooting at 25 yards offhand, and a Ruger P345d at home for things that go bump in the night. Neither pistol has ever let me down, and I can say in some ways, the Ruger is better than a 3-4k 1911, but I'd take my 1911 over any other automatic pistol I own without batting an eye.
        Lol, those P345's are sneaky decent....... and so cheap.......

        Comment

        • #19
          1911ShooterPhil
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 1037

          For a 1st 1911...Rock Island Armory 1911s...hands down...

          Originally posted by spacemonkey
          I plan on purchasing a colt 1911 but I would like to get a budget 1911 first. Any reccomendations?
          I know u get what you pay for and I like a gun to tinker with...I was thinking RIA. Any thoughts
          You're on a budget? No problem. Don't worry about what 1911 snobs say, and go get a Rock Island Armory 1911. Then, shoot the hell out of it. It's a hardy gun that is meant to be used. It's no safe queen, but the RIA series of 1911s were never meant to be. They were meant to be shot. I own 5 Rock Island Armory 1911s (4 in 45ACP, 1 in 9mm). I highly recommend Rock Island Armory to all of my shooting buddies and work colleagues. The RIA series of 1911s will take all Colt Series 70 parts (with minor gunsmith fitting) and I haven't come across any ammo yet that my RIA 1911s haven't readily eaten up. I use my Rock Island Armory 1911s for work as an armed security professional and for fun as a shooting sports competitor, hunter, and firearms collector. Go with a Rock Island Armory 1911. You won't be disappointed. Cheers! --1911ShooterPhil
          "A gun is a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." Shane (1953)

          Comment

          • #20
            CALRaider
            Member
            • Apr 2013
            • 145

            Originally posted by Nate
            The OP asked a question, and people offered their opinion. Just like you offered your opinion. You believe the Hk45 works best for you, some say Glock, RIA, or Tauras. Opinions are like ***** holes, everyone has on, and they all stink.

            Best option is for the OP to go to a range and shoot various pistols, and buy the one that is most comfortable and best for him at his price range.
            I agree with that. 1911s work best for anyone though---WHEN THEY WORK
            "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

            Comment

            • #21
              CALRaider
              Member
              • Apr 2013
              • 145

              Originally posted by 1911ShooterPhil
              You're on a budget? No problem. Don't worry about what 1911 snobs say, and go get a Rock Island Armory 1911. Then, shoot the hell out of it. It's a hardy gun that is meant to be used. It's no safe queen, but the RIA series of 1911s were never meant to be. They were meant to be shot. I own 5 Rock Island Armory 1911s (4 in 45ACP, 1 in 9mm). I highly recommend Rock Island Armory to all of my shooting buddies and work colleagues. The RIA series of 1911s will take all Colt Series 70 parts (with minor gunsmith fitting) and I haven't come across any ammo yet that my RIA 1911s haven't readily eaten up. I use my Rock Island Armory 1911s for work as an armed security professional and for fun as a shooting sports competitor, hunter, and firearms collector. Go with a Rock Island Armory 1911. You won't be disappointed. Cheers! --1911ShooterPhil
              I got to give you props for admiting to owning a 9mm 1911 in public.
              "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

              Comment

              • #22
                Nate
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2006
                • 1335

                Originally posted by CALRaider
                I agree with that. 1911s work best for anyone though---WHEN THEY WORK
                They work just fine, unless your a garage gunsmith and try to do the work yourself!

                Comment

                • #23
                  CALRaider
                  Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • 145

                  Originally posted by bombadillo
                  Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! This is usually "I can't afford a really nice 1911 so I will just bag on them." Thats all right, I forgive you.



                  True story. I have a range queen 1911 for VERY accurate shooting at 25 yards offhand, and a Ruger P345d at home for things that go bump in the night. Neither pistol has ever let me down, and I can say in some ways, the Ruger is better than a 3-4k 1911, but I'd take my 1911 over any other automatic pistol I own without batting an eye.
                  I just spent a little over 8,000 USD on firearms in two months. If I wanted a 1911 of any price, I would buy it.

                  The simple fact of the matter is I don't buy guns for collection, for looking at, or for any other purpose other than than shooting someone in the event that I need to shoot someone. In that event, I need the firearm to fire, every time, regardless of the ammunition I put in it, regardless of the harsh conditions its been through.

                  "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Nate
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1335

                    Originally posted by CALRaider
                    I got to give you props for admiting to owning a 9mm 1911 in public.
                    I own a Colt in 10mm.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      CALRaider
                      Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 145

                      Originally posted by Nate
                      They work just fine, unless your a garage gunsmith and try to do the work yourself!
                      "just fine" doesn't cut it for me.

                      There's always caveats with 1911s. Gunsmiths? What the hell? It all comes down to your intended purpose for the firearm.

                      If I wanted to seriously compete---I would probably use a 1911---why? Because it's reliable enough to use for a competitive setting, because the perks you gain from them aren't sacrificed at the price of dying in the event your gun doesn't go off.

                      If I want a pistol that I know when I draw and squeeze it's going to fire regardless of the **** I just walked through...it's not going to be a 1911.
                      "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Nate
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 1335

                        Originally posted by CALRaider
                        I just spent a little over 8,000 USD on firearms in two months. If I wanted a 1911 of any price, I would buy it.

                        The simple fact of the matter is I don't buy guns for collection, for looking at, or for any other purpose other than than shooting someone in the event that I need to shoot someone. In that event, I need the firearm to fire, every time, regardless of the ammunition I put in it, regardless of the harsh conditions its been through.

                        Wow, $8000! Hmmm. So in a non panic environment you would have spent $2500 on the same firearms.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          CALRaider
                          Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 145

                          "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            CALRaider
                            Member
                            • Apr 2013
                            • 145

                            Originally posted by Nate
                            Wow, $8000! Hmmm. So in a non panic environment you would have spent $2500!
                            Not really, I didn't pay panic prices.

                            For instance, my wife's M&P 9 was 400 USD after everything was said and done That was my most recent purchase . That includes a Mil/LEO discount + mail in rebate to S&W. I think the lowest commercial price I've seen on a new one is 520 USD---with higher prices being around 650 USD.

                            Tell me more.
                            "You can't just convince them through projects and goodwill. You have to show up at their door with two companies of Marines and start killing people. That's how you start convincing them."

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Nate
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 1335

                              Originally posted by CALRaider
                              Not really, I didn't pay panic prices.

                              For instance, my wife's M&P 9 was 400 USD after everything was said and done That was my most recent purchase . That includes a Mil/LEO discount + mail in rebate to S&W. I think the lowest commercial price I've seen on a new one is 520 USD---with higher prices being around 650 USD.

                              Tell me more.
                              Right! Two months ago, I purchased a 1000 rds of .556 for $300 shipped.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Nate
                                Senior Member
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 1335

                                Originally posted by Nate
                                Opinions are like ***** holes, everyone has on, and they all stink.
                                .
                                Originally posted by CALRaider
                                "just fine" doesn't cut it for me.

                                There's always caveats with 1911s. Gunsmiths? What the hell? It all comes down to your intended purpose for the firearm.

                                If I wanted to seriously compete---I would probably use a 1911---why? Because it's reliable enough to use for a competitive setting, because the perks you gain from them aren't sacrificed at the price of dying in the event your gun doesn't go off.

                                If I want a pistol that I know when I draw and squeeze it's going to fire regardless of the **** I just walked through...it's not going to be a 1911.
                                See above post.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1