Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock vs Browning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    LeadSlinger585
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 974

    Glock what? Glock 26 vs the full size Browning High Power?

    I'd choose the BHP.

    Glock 17 (or 19) vs the BHP?

    Glock. Or the BHP. But I'd prefer the Glock.

    Yeah yeah Glock is more reliable, but the BHP can do the job. It did for the UK for many years (right up 'til this year IIRC).

    Comment

    • #17
      SilverTauron
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2012
      • 5699

      High Power.

      There's more to life then torture tests.

      As civilians, we have the luxury to carry a weapon with some degree of style and pedigree. Why not avail ourselves of the option to do so?
      The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
      The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
      -Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

      The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

      Comment

      • #18
        GunDog
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 1823

        Originally posted by HPBrowningMK3
        Arghh....both are great, no doubt. Tough question. I like my Glock 21SF(did a trigger job myself), but if I had to pick ONE and ONLY one gun, I'd take my HP Browning for these reasons:
        1) Easier to conceal
        2) Slimmer and fits better in my hand
        3)SA/DA
        4)Amazingly reliable even with reloads

        Both are great, I strongly prefer anything by John Moses Browning and especially HP.
        The Browning HP is strictly a single action pistol. The firing mechanism does not operate double-action.
        NRA Life Benefactor Member
        CRPA Life Member
        VFW Life Member

        Comment

        • #19
          Shenaniguns
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2006
          • 6158

          I carry a Glock daily, I wouldn't carry a Hi-Power unless it had a ton of money dumped in it and combed thru by a good gunsmith.
          My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

          Comment

          • #20
            TripleThreat
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2012
            • 2642

            I'm still stuck in 1969.

            Boss 302 or RS/SS?
            1911 "The MILF of handguns"

            LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

            Comment

            • #21
              glock_monster
              Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 341

              Bhp is a nice firearm. But I would have to go with glock on this one. Reliability and function is always winner imo
              THERE'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN GOOD & EVIL

              Comment

              • #22
                Tripeaks69
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2011
                • 942

                For 1911, m old school... 1911

                For 9mm or 40 cal, I'd go Glock


                Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                Comment

                • #23
                  Wally2528
                  Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 228

                  I guess the question would be better posted as: What do you prefer to drive, a Honda Civic or a Porche Boxter? Answer is automatic....

                  And for the ones who prefer the 1911 over the BHP must be because of the caliber, so they are nor responding the question which relates to a pistol selection...And if they underestood the question right, it sounds weird to pick the weakest and out dated design over the newer and perfected one, both from the same designer.. BHP is considered the pinnacle of John Moses Browning design, the 1911 was his garage concept....Great weapon, but it is obviouslly outdated against the BHP. My 2 cents...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    missiontrails
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 7879

                    Originally posted by Tripeaks69
                    For 1911, m old school... 1911

                    For 9mm or 40 cal, I'd go Glock


                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    How's that 1911 gonna be with JHP's? You're going to trust that over a Glock? Having a feed ramp that is part of the frame is not JHP friendly.
                    Last edited by missiontrails; 03-30-2013, 9:04 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      cobra
                      Junior Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 39

                      Not even in the same ball park ! BHP all the way!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Kurgan
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 4914

                        Originally posted by missiontrails
                        It's totally a fine pistol, but you're incorrect to think that the HP can withstand the nastiness and neglect what the Glock can. There is just no way. I don't even think the HP is a candidate for modern torture tests.
                        And I was right..... LOL.

                        I personally don't like any polymer guns. Shot them all, think they feel cheap. Like I said, I don't expect to convert anyone but you can keep the plastic guns if that's what you want.

                        By the way, if you neglect any firearm, you get what you deserve. That would never be a consideration for me. I don't neglect them. Ever.
                        My mother always told me to be careful what you ask for.

                        Just one more piece of parental advice I stupidly ignored.

                        <shrug>

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          GUNNTZ
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 923

                          I have both guns. Both are very accurate and always go bang when the trigger is pulled. One is lighter than the other for obvious reasons, but not by to much. In stock form I find the BHP sights nicer. The BHP has a better trigger pull in my opinion. Overall fit in the hand, they are fairly even. I would say get both if you can, they are very nice firearms.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            HPBrowningMK3
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 1299

                            Originally posted by GunDog
                            The Browning HP is strictly a single action pistol. The firing mechanism does not operate double-action.
                            I stand corrected. Of course it's SA only.
                            sigpicNRA Life Member



                            "The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

                            "Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

                            -- Clint Smith

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ThiZZ
                              Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 404

                              Originally posted by Bug Splat
                              Never had anyone compare those two pistols before. Odd question. Both are great pistols but I would have a Glock.

                              No doubt the hi-power is a great pistol but....... gulp....... I think they are ugly . I'm not a hater of the hi-power, just not a lover.
                              you think a BHP is ugly? how do you feel about most 1911s? LOL...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                rsmorgan
                                Member
                                • Sep 2002
                                • 370

                                Originally posted by Baylife707
                                Just wanted to hear everyone opinion, on the both. What would you trust with your life?
                                I have trusted my life to a Browning HP, but I started carrying it long before "Austrian Tupperware" was even a gleam in eye of Gaston Glock. Even now it isn't much of a choice for me since at least through the Gen 3 guns my hand and the grip of the Glock haven't worked well together.

                                I certainly see an advantage to the Glock as a carrying gun since the BHP is a pretty hefty chunk of steel. In a gunfight, however, the weight of the BHP is a real advantage compared to a modern polymer framed pistol. The really big commercial disadvantage to the BHP is that it is a product from a different era of gun production and far more expensive to make than a more modern design. I have to agree that a Glock will probably stand up to abuse and neglect better than a BHP, but no one in his right mind should go into harm's way without taking care of their weapons. With just a bit of care and attention, 75 years of experience have established that the FN M1935 will go bang when you need it to go bang.

                                From a purely subjective standpoint, the Glock pistols have always struck me as cold and soulless machines. There seems to be some "magic" built into the BHP design that makes it naturally point towards what you want to shoot. There is an elegance to the BHP that translates into confidence by its user, and confidence is the single most important thing a handgun can bring to a man or woman in a gunfight.
                                RSM

                                The Truth will set you free, but first it will make you damn mad!

                                Old Scottish proverb:

                                If ya' cinna' drive the fooging trook, dinna buy the fooging trook!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1