Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock vs Browning

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Baylife707
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2013
    • 88

    Glock vs Browning

    Just wanted to hear everyone opinion, on the both. What would you trust with your life?
  • #2
    shafferds
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 1970

    Both

    Comment

    • #3
      Steve_In_29
      Banned
      • Nov 2009
      • 5682

      Trust my life to...both. What would I buy....neither.

      1911 all the way!

      Comment

      • #4
        jumbopanda
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2006
        • 8382

        Are people still debating the reliability of Glocks? How silly.
        Mo' BBs.

        Comment

        • #5
          HPBrowningMK3
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2012
          • 1299

          Arghh....both are great, no doubt. Tough question. I like my Glock 21SF(did a trigger job myself), but if I had to pick ONE and ONLY one gun, I'd take my HP Browning for these reasons:
          1) Easier to conceal
          2) Slimmer and fits better in my hand
          3)SA/DA
          4)Amazingly reliable even with reloads

          Both are great, I strongly prefer anything by John Moses Browning and especially HP.
          sigpicNRA Life Member



          "The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

          "Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

          -- Clint Smith

          Comment

          • #6
            lisinopril
            Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 381

            accuracy = browning.
            reliability = glock
            life and death situation: grab BOTH

            Comment

            • #7
              Bug Splat
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2007
              • 6561

              Never had anyone compare those two pistols before. Odd question. Both are great pistols but I would have a Glock.

              No doubt the hi-power is a great pistol but....... gulp....... I think they are ugly . I'm not a hater of the hi-power, just not a lover.

              Comment

              • #8
                HPBrowningMK3
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2012
                • 1299

                No worries, if you are in LA(and shoot at Angeles) let me know and I'll let you shoot a couple three mags from my HP and you just might change your opinion. Just a simple trigger job and a mag disconnect. Nothing else.
                sigpicNRA Life Member



                "The two most important rules in a gunfight are: always cheat and always win."

                "Don't shoot fast, shoot good."

                -- Clint Smith

                Comment

                • #9
                  esy
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2012
                  • 1197

                  What's next? Glock v Springfield? Glock v S&W? Glock v Sig? Glock v Beretta?

                  Can't wait! The suspense is killing me!!!!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    HighLander51
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 5144

                    How many rounds have you BHP guys put thru the gun? We don't start counting with a Glock until it reaches 100,000 rounds.

                    Glock reliability hands down.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Blue Ridge Reef
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 901

                      Steel vs. polymer. I might lean Glock for carry just b/c of weight, but both are going to go bang every time, I would trust either with my life. I am a big fan of steel guns, shoot them for a while, and you probably will be too. But they are apples and pineapples to compare.
                      Citizen.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dwtt
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 7470

                        The next threads the OP will start are Glock vs. CZ75, Glock vs. M&P, Glock vs. XD, Glock vs. STI, Glock vs. 1911, Glock vs. M16, and Glock vs. AK-47.
                        How many do we need of these threads? They've been done to death.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Kurgan
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 4914

                          For me BHP seven days a week and twice on Sunday. IMHO the BHP is one of the finest handguns ever designed.

                          Pretty much a pointless question though because you will never convince the Glock fanboys or the real steel guys that your preference is the right one........ LOL.
                          My mother always told me to be careful what you ask for.

                          Just one more piece of parental advice I stupidly ignored.

                          <shrug>

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            missiontrails
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7879

                            My life? Glock. The Browning is NOT the ideal SHF pistol.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              missiontrails
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7879

                              Originally posted by Kurgan
                              For me BHP seven days a week and twice on Sunday. IMHO the BHP is one of the finest handguns ever designed.

                              Pretty much a pointless question though because you will never convince the Glock fanboys or the real steel guys that your preference is the right one........ LOL.
                              It's totally a fine pistol, but you're incorrect to think that the HP can withstand the nastiness and neglect what the Glock can. There is just no way. I don't even think the HP is a candidate for modern torture tests.
                              Last edited by missiontrails; 03-30-2013, 7:56 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1