Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Really Wanting a FNH Five seveN

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    ROCKETW19
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 705

    Originally posted by mag360
    are you 5.7 guys really going to try and claim that a 5.7 will put a threat down faster than a real service caliber (9, .357, .40, .45)?
    not me and I have no clue to tell ya the truth but I will tell ya it shoots like a dream and the recoil isnt even there to mention.
    you would be suprized what is very legal to by as far as ammo goes for the 5.7 AP is not a problem.maybe not named AP but it still does theres a few videos at five seven fourm where guys are testing rounds threw vests and many other things right behind them.

    20-30 round mags are all over if you wanted for SHTF

    but again I dont buy guys to kill people thats not real in my world I buy guns cuz they look cool and or fun to shoot. the 5.7 does all that. there was also a upper for my M11A1 that was gonn shoot 5.7 oh man full auto 5.7 outta a lil mac11a1 would be fun also. that upper got put on hold as the company has atf letter for 223 upper for the mac series. that will let me shoot a 223 and not spend 20K on a AR.

    Comment

    • #77
      ROCKETW19
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2007
      • 705

      oh and side not if I want to put something or someone down with a gun I would use my Benelli M4 and buck shot or possably slugs

      Comment

      • #78
        smak28
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2013
        • 4120

        Originally posted by d4v0s
        Shot it a few months ago and hated it. Actually had cash in hand to buy it and ended up walking out.

        It recoils just like a 9 or 40. Nothing like a 22 mag.

        The gun also has way too much muzzle flash and it took a bit affer each shot to let my eyes adjust.

        The final nail in the coffin is its really expensive ammo, this was only a deal breaker because of the recoil. I dont mind paying a lot for a Magic round with low recoil but I honestly felt like I was lied too. My 45 recoils a lot less than the 5.7, and is faster back on target. Confirmed with a shot timer on el presidente drill.
        In my opinion, the recoil of the Five Seven is no where close to a 9mm and especially not a .45. Muzzle flash and BANG...yes it scares the ***** out of people in the next lanes at the range but the follow up shots are a breeze. The gun weight is super light, accurate, and try carrying 1,000rds of 5.7 vs. 1,000rds of 9mm or .40. Huge difference! If SHTF, the Five Seven is my go to handgun and lugging 1,000rds of 5.7 ammo will not be a problem especially there will be plenty additional weight of other items such as medical pack, rifle, etc. I understand why secret service carry this. Again, this is just my opinion but I do agree that now the ammo prices are insane!
        Last edited by smak28; 03-09-2013, 3:22 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #79
          Big bug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 705

          Nonsense

          Originally posted by mag360
          if you want a fast round get 7.62 tok it penetrates as well and is really cheap.
          All your points are pretty much invalid.
          Anyone buying a 5.7 is not going to be stuck with 10 round mags...
          Anyone buying a 5.7 will have some of the good ammo or why buy it?
          You overlook the selling points of the 5.7 pistol

          1. Less recoil..more rounds on target like shooting a 22
          2. Higher capacity mags are available 20-30 rounds
          3. Rounds can be carried in volume without weight penalty
          4. Armor piercing rounds available velocity better than 7.62 Tok defeats armor more handily
          5. Trigger better than most stock pistols

          Your comments just show you haven't fired one with the good stuff....

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1