Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock sucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Cali-Glock
    In Memoriam
    • Mar 2005
    • 3890

    Yeah - I agree Glocks suck, that is why I have three of them listed on my CCW. :-)

    Originally posted by MyGlock17
    yeah i heard the same...i heard it's mainly the 9mm gen 4 that had the problem..i wanna get a g23 so i don't accidentally make a mistake and put a 9mm in the g22 since i have a g17 lol...
    I hate to say it, but if you are seriously concerned about mixing up a G22 and G17, you have bigger issues. :-)
    1 Corinthians 2:2

    "Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

    Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
    NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)

    Comment

    • #77
      vintagearms
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2009
      • 6841

      Originally posted by hornswaggled
      I'm thinking of getting a Gen 4 G19. If it needs it, is the ejector replacement hard? I have disassembled/reassembled 1911s to frame before.
      Its literally a 5 minute fix. Remove the pin on the grip holding the trigger housing, lift it up. On the back side of the ejectr your going to find a hole. Push a small screwdriver just a little bit threw the hole while pulling out the ejector. Install in reverse order.

      Comment

      • #78
        451040
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 2169

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        Keep in mind that there is a large bias opinion about glocks being so great and I have noticed it ever since I joined calguns
        You do realize that virtually all opinions are biased? Including your opinion that Glocks aren't so great.

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        however the OP suggested that they were faulty and now the new gen. is better.
        Wrong. He is posting about the same generation.

        Originally posted by Dhena81
        Thought I'd tell people that I just bought a Gen 4 G17 and I think Glock has finally resolved the issues with the Gen fours ...
        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        You stated that people own them because glocks work - simple.
        It is simple. They do work ... and work ... and work ... and work ...

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        However, the OP stated that many problems were fixed.
        Many problems?

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        So which is it? Glocks did suck and now they dont????? OK.
        Glocks didn't suck and now they don't. OK?

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        Oh and I think the movie Die Hard has something to do with the hype.
        All of this referencing "popular culture" seems like a bit of projection.

        Originally posted by Vampyredark
        I did not mean to offend anyone.
        No one is offended. It's called a discussion.

        Comment

        • #79
          chucksolo69
          Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 388

          Bottom line is: "Shoot what you luv, and don't mess with other folks." But, I still won't buy an ugly, plastic gun with no hammer!!!

          Comment

          • #80
            teflondog
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 4011

            I view my Glock as a Honda Civic/Toyota Camry (boring but reliable). On the other hand, my semi custom 1911s are like hot rods (fun and flashy). I'm not passionate about Glocks. I bought one as a beater gun so I don't have to worry about abusing it. It works even if I don't clean it or lube it. But I don't think there's anything special about it. An XD or M&P does the same thing but I bought the Glock because I found a good deal on it. It's just another gun to me.
            Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
            Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

            Comment

            • #81
              r8dr rider
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 1983

              I agree with the title of the post. Glocks are overrated!

              Comment

              • #82
                Dhena81
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 4587

                A handgun isn't a precision instrument so how can one be overrated over the other is it the cost? the ergonomics? the machining? the cool factor? the amount of aftermarket support? the longevity?

                I don't understand how a $600 dollar handgun that is bet your life reliable and accurate be overrated.

                Comment

                • #83
                  MXRider
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 2927

                  Originally posted by Dhena81
                  I don't understand how a $600 dollar handgun that is bet your life reliable and accurate be overrated.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1