Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock sucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    hornswaggled
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1650

    Right on! "Second kind of cool" ftw

    Originally posted by meathead9
    In my opinion, a lot of the "bias" from Glock owners (aka fanboys), stems from the other brand name gun owners. Do you know what 90% of all 1911, Sig, HK, Springfield, S&W, CZ etc. owners have in common? They all hate Glocks. I'll restate 90%, so that there's no argument.
    Run whatever gun you shoot best, and have the most confidence in. It also depends on your purpose for the gun. Some guys carry, some guys just shoot at the range, some guys compete, and some guys just like to own "fine" handguns. Do whatever makes you happy, and quit worrying about what everybody else does. A man shouldn't need to smash another brand of gun, "hyped" or not, to make himself feel better about his choice of weapons. If you made the right choice, you wouldn't need to.

    I don't own a 1911, Sig, HK, M&P, XD, CZ (blah blah blah). Not because I think they suck, but because I don't like any of them. I shoot & compete with Glocks because everything about them fits me, an I'm 100% confident in them. I don't hate people that don't like Glocks, especially if they've actually shot one before deciding not to like them. I don't think anyone who chooses another brand is stupid. I'll keep shooting my Glocks, and I have no problems with anyone shooting whatever the hell they feel like. I don't shove Glocks down someone's throat when they ask me what handgun to buy. They work for me, and that's it.

    .
    sigpicNRA Endowment Member
    SAF Defender's Club

    Comment

    • #62
      paul0660
      In Memoriam
      • Jul 2007
      • 15669

      They work for me, and that's it.
      And, you talk about them a lot.

      I don't hate Glocks. I like lots of people who shoot them. If a friend is looking for a gun I will hook him up with a Glock owner to try one out.

      I don't like the way you can shoot them when you don't want to.
      I admire their marketing, and think there is nothing wrong with their removal of the "Do not carry the pistol in the ready to fire condition" admonition in their earlier manuals, because that is what lawyers are for.

      I go back to what I said earlier about newbs. Glock is like Kleenex, a brand that has become a name for an item. At least Gaston is named Glock. Moon invented the name Kahr because it sounded like...........something that would make you buy a gun. There are thousands of XD owners that think their gun was made by the same guy who made Garands in the 40's. Marketing is a very big deal.

      I have owned polymer striker fired pistols. I only own metal hammer fired pistols. That is my choice. If I think yours sucks, I won't say.
      *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

      Comment

      • #63
        DRAB_81
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 2482

        Originally posted by paul0660
        And, you talk about them a lot.

        I don't hate Glocks. I like lots of people who shoot them. If a friend is looking for a gun I will hook him up with a Glock owner to try one out.

        I don't like the way you can shoot them when you don't want to.
        I admire their marketing, and think there is nothing wrong with their removal of the "Do not carry the pistol in the ready to fire condition" admonition in their earlier manuals, because that is what lawyers are for.

        I go back to what I said earlier about newbs. Glock is like Kleenex, a brand that has become a name for an item. At least Gaston is named Glock. Moon invented the name Kahr because it sounded like...........something that would make you buy a gun. There are thousands of XD owners that think their gun was made by the same guy who made Garands in the 40's. Marketing is a very big deal.

        I have owned polymer striker fired pistols. I only own metal hammer fired pistols. That is my choice. If I think yours sucks, I won't say.
        Ofcourse I write about them alot. I have owned a lot of them, and I shoot them ALOT. If you read my posts, all I ever do is write about my experiences with my Glocks. I don't remember ever bashing any other type of handgun. I just like to share what I've seen, to people that may be interested. All of my opinions about handguns are based on my experiences, not internet gurus. If I disagree with someone about something quantitative, I'll speak up. If not, I generally keep my nose out of it.

        I think we're on the same page about owning whatever handgun you personally shoot well, and not knocking someone who has a different opinion. I respect your opinion, and it seems like you respect mine, so cheers to that. Now only if everyone else could keep the rulers in the drawer, we wouldn't have to see post after post, year after year about this.

        I do disagree with you on one thing. You can't shoot a Glock without pulling the trigger. If you don't want it to go off, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

        .
        Last edited by DRAB_81; 03-08-2012, 3:17 PM.

        Comment

        • #64
          libertyordeath
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1533

          Many people I believe buy glocks because one day there going to be crawling through mud, jumping over walls and fighting the evil invaders.

          But most glocks owned by civilians will never see that action.


          BUT IT'S PEACE OF MIND....

          Comment

          • #65
            MXRider
            Banned
            • Feb 2010
            • 2927

            Originally posted by paul0660
            I don't like the way you can shoot them when you don't want to.
            I didn't realize poor trigger discipline and a complete lack of firearms safety was the weapons fault.

            Comment

            • #66
              themailman
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 2029

              Another fantastic thread calguns! We've got "block", "glocks shoot themselves", "people like them because they are fanboys", etc. Fantastic, just fantastic.

              Comment

              • #67
                Vampyredark
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 502

                Originally posted by themailman
                Another fantastic thread calguns! We've got "block", "glocks shoot themselves", "people like them because they are fanboys", etc. Fantastic, just fantastic.
                Its fine!

                People are entertaining themselves with the discussion. Even if it is stupid

                Comment

                • #68
                  SamSmash
                  Junior Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 92

                  when the zombies come, my glock will save all your lives.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Vampyredark
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 502

                    Originally posted by SamSmash
                    when the zombies come, my glock will save all your lives.
                    Actually, your gun is only good if you have bullets. Once those run out, and after all the zombies you attracted with the loud bang keep coming, the guy with a blunt weapon will save more lives than you. The guy who trained to properly use that blunt weapon will also save more lives than you. The guy who does cardio work outs will save his own life and more lives than you.

                    Also, you have to get only head shots, can you do that under so much stress?

                    You would be dead, glock or not.

                    LOL

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      SamSmash
                      Junior Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 92

                      I see you have not heard of the Ninja Glock.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        ZirconJohn
                        Rattlesnake Hunter
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 10378

                        Originally posted by meathead9
                        Ofcourse I write about them alot. I have owned a lot of them, and I shoot them ALOT. If you read my posts, all I ever do is write about my experiences with my Glocks. I don't remember ever bashing any other type of handgun. I just like to share what I've seen, to people that may be interested. All of my opinions about handguns are based on my experiences, not internet gurus. If I disagree with someone about something quantitative, I'll speak up. If not, I generally keep my nose out of it.

                        I think we're on the same page about owning whatever handgun you personally shoot well, and not knocking someone who has a different opinion. I respect your opinion, and it seems like you respect mine, so cheers to that. Now only if everyone else could keep the rulers in the drawer, we wouldn't have to see post after post, year after year about this.

                        I do disagree with you on one thing. You can't shoot a Glock without pulling the trigger. If you don't want it to go off, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
                        .
                        BAMMMMM...! That's exactly it right there that there is a beautiful thing...

                        100% Sure-Fire Firearm Safety As Follows:
                        1. Finger off trigger = safety on
                        2. Finger on trigger = SAFETY OFF

                        Mr. meathead9... I like your way'a thinking there son... nice job...
                        .
                        "A rattlesnake that doesn't bite teaches you nothing" -- Jessamyn West
                        "Only God has the touch to create these magnificent rattlesnakes and their signature greatness in nature" -- unknown
                        .
                        ......GO HERE FOR--► My YouTube Channel

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Nor Cal Scot
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 1349

                          Originally posted by chrisf
                          +1 on that.
                          Funny how this communist/ anti-capitalist jumps in on glock threads to be oh so positive. Get a life dude. Capitalism works...glocks rule. 65% market share is not all hype and marketing. Contribute much?
                          Veteran Owned and Operated Coffee Roaster in Nor Cal
                          http://www.roadroastercoffee.com

                          One time, 20% Off Entire Order Coupon- use code calguns

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Nor Cal Scot
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 1349

                            Originally posted by chrisf
                            Why would anyone need a glock???? If we took all the blocks out the world what would happen? uhmm nothing. Glocks are what they are today because of solid marketing and fanboys who swear there soul on them. Thats it, Ask someone if the know what a glock is 95% will say yes. Now ask someone what a hipower is 95% will say no. You see something wrong with that? Its that damn call of duty lol.
                            No, it's called the "invisible hand."
                            Veteran Owned and Operated Coffee Roaster in Nor Cal
                            http://www.roadroastercoffee.com

                            One time, 20% Off Entire Order Coupon- use code calguns

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Vampyredark
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 502

                              Originally posted by SamSmash
                              I see you have not heard of the Ninja Glock.
                              lol

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Freq18Hz
                                Senior Member
                                • Apr 2011
                                • 1243

                                I agree

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1