Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock pro's cons ?'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Lovin
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 155

    22 pros, 8 cons.

    Glock 22 with Federal 180grn FMJ. 7 yds on a dark lane, stock glock poly sights, 1 mag dump center of mass, 8 failure drills, last two center of mass.



    If I can do that after shooting for two months and ~2k rds through it + 3k rds through a 22/45 for trigger time, I think it's a fine pistol.

    Comment

    • #62
      Fictitious Simily
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 82

      I have a Glock 22 that I totally feel comfortable using as a home defense weapon, however its not my favorite gun at the range.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #63
        fullspeed1
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 1908

        Originally posted by Hipster Mike
        I would have bought the Glock had it felt right in my hand. But the XD just felt better for me. My wife liked the Glock and I will be buying her one once my 30 day wait is over.
        Awesome, Your wife likes the Glock. What does that actually tell you?

        Comment

        • #64
          RGERBER
          Senior Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2009
          • 579

          Major yes on conversion barrels, I own three .40 cal. Glocks, and have a 109.00 dollar 9mm barrel for each one, it’s the only way to go, reloads, 9mm then back to .40 for defense.
          Also I would like to add Glocks are nit UGLY the look mean, and that’s the way I like my Defense guns to look.

          Comment

          • #65
            Oceanbob
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jun 2010
            • 12720

            Glocks are reliable and versatle. Beauty can be defined as a reliable tool. Glocks certainly are beautiful by that definition.

            While I have several black Glocks I do enjoy Glocks in OD (Olive Drab) .



            This Glock 20OD can run 10MM, .357 SIG, .40 and 9X25 barrels as you desire.

            With my bad eyes, the Tru-glow Tritium sites make her a tack driver. Her stock 15 round magazine (or optional 20 rounder with extension) make her untouchable in the fire-power department

            All in all, a good investment.
            May the Bridges I burn light the way.

            Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

            Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

            Comment

            • #66
              Voo
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 1702

              Originally posted by lawaia
              Your hate of Glock is just as obnoxious as the ever-dying love of the "fan boys".
              THIS...

              Pros : pretty much what was already said.. reliable, accurate, affordable, easy to maintain, cheap to maintain, great aftermarket..

              Cons : Some of the things have already been said. But I'll add that I personally find the OEM glock grip to way to slippery.
              Aloha snackbar!

              Comment

              • #67
                Striker
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2010
                • 750

                Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                Ok so i've shot glocks before, sig p226's, springfield xd's stoeger 8000, and many other semi auto pistols. I'm thinking of trading my s308 for a glock26 or just buying one from a fellow calgunner
                With that said i see alot of people dont like glocks.. Why?
                Is it like the AK47/74 vs gayR thing? Lol
                My experience with semi auto pistols is very limited more of a rifle guy, so whats the pros n cons of the glock26?
                Thanks in advance for any input.
                And reliability trumps all in my book.
                Glock 26 is an excellent CCW pistol. It does that very well. It's easy to conceal and accurate out to 15 yards. It might be accurate further out, but I've only shot one to 15. However IMHO, this is all it does well. It's a specialty pistol. Think of it as Glock's version of a J frame. Fills exactly the same niche; no more and no less. If you're looking for a pistol to do multiple things, this is not it. A Glock 19 or even a 17 would serve you better.

                I've shot Glock, Sig, XD, M&P, HK on and on. Suffice as to say, I think I've shot at least one example of most pistols out there that would even be remotely considered a contender in a combat pistol test. None were perfect. As many guns as I've shot, for 9mm, I keep going back to Glock. It simply works for me. It's not my first choice in .40 or .45, but in 9mm, definitely.

                I only shoot good quality factory ammo. If you want to shoot reloads or the cheapest ammo you can find, that's your choice; however, I believe good factory ammo is more reliable.

                Comment

                • #68
                  socal147
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 1254

                  No Cons Noted Yet. I will keep shooting and keep you updated.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    G60
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 3989

                    Originally posted by tuna quesadilla
                    What would a Glock thread be without some good ol' fashioned anti-Glock trolling?
                    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

                    Read 'em and weep. If you can't admit that perhaps Glock made some mistakes developing the Gen4 (it's not just the RSA either, you've got some people doing the RSA/ejector/extractor musical chairs to get them running right), I don't know what to tell you.



                    Find information, resources and relevant links for firearmstrainingandtactics.com. This domain may be for sale.








                    Last edited by G60; 12-28-2011, 9:57 AM.
                    "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      Cali-Shooter
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 9192

                      Originally posted by G60
                      You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

                      Read 'em and weep. If you can't admit that perhaps Glock made some mistakes developing the Gen4 (it's not just the RSA either, you've got some people doing the RSA/ejector/extractor musical chairs to get them running right), I don't know what to tell you.



                      Find information, resources and relevant links for firearmstrainingandtactics.com. This domain may be for sale.








                      http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...owtopic=119677
                      Now that you mention it, this comes to mind:



                      Also, for the record, I still prefer Gen 3's, I don't see what all the fuss is about regarding Gen 4's, the way I see it, a dual recoil spring is just another part that can go wrong, thus I don't care for it.
                      I admit the amount of fan-boy worship among Glock fans is so excessive it might as well be it's own religion, hence my satiric sig line, lol.
                      In Glock We Trust.
                      Originally posted by jeep7081
                      My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
                      Originally posted by AleksandreCz
                      Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
                      WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        motorwerks
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1619

                        Originally posted by dirtykoala








                        I would like to know what actually happened with these. With the barrels locked up in the slide and in tack, I don't believe that these blew up. I would believe that they were hit by a truck, or dropped from really high, or even shot at though. There's too many little parts thats aren't blown up that should have been desamated in a total fail like those.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          NorCalK9.com
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 3958

                          Dang so this is like the AK-AR thing...
                          So rite now and until I become proficient enough with the glock I use a s&w 357mag and ak74 both by the bed at nite, I dont wanna go 45 or 40 just plain 9mm, through the stoeger8000F cougar I used mi-wal reload 9mm, basically you guys are saying not to use no reloads rite?
                          and again I appreciate all the feedback.
                          K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                          Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                          https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                          Our dogs bite
                          Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            kuya51
                            Junior Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 51

                            I'm looking into getting a Glock 19. Whats a reasonable price for them? I'm located in the Bay Area.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              compulsivegunbuyer
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 2640

                              The only Glock I ever owned was a 22 that I sold. The only reason I sold it was that I hate the ergos of the grip.

                              The pros....
                              I put a few thousand rounds through it, never cleaned it, and it never jammed.
                              It was accurate.
                              The line of sight was very close to the centerline of the barrel.
                              It was reasonably priced.
                              It was very easy to break down.

                              If the grip was closer to 90 degrees, it might be the perfect pistol. As far as ugly, it's a tool. I find it a little creepy when people call a gun sexy. It gives me visions of them putting a condom over it and giving it a good stroking. I've seen some guns that the fit and finish was beautiful, but sexy, no.
                              Last edited by compulsivegunbuyer; 12-28-2011, 11:07 AM.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                cineski
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Nov 2007
                                • 6205

                                Pros: The best combat trigger in existence. Takes a deliberate, non-combat accuracy diminishing pull. No safety to worry about during the insanity of saving your life.....safeties can be forgotten about at both the range and if you're about to die. No safety or de-cock to worry about AFTER you just saved your life....having a hair trigger you forget about after shooting someone in self defense and being incredibly shaken can cause an ND. IMO the safest most reliable trigger ever created for a save-your-life handgun. Easy to replace parts.

                                Cons: A bit on the boring side and I didn't think they were good looking guns until I owned one. Beautiful function creates beautiful form with real life experience. Most people hate them in theory but mostly love them after using them. The jury is still out on the Gen 4 9mm's and Glock really needs to grow a pair and do a successful redesign and recall all effected guns. If you show any form of support for a Glock you're labelled a fanboy even though most Glock lovers are ashamed of themselves for hating Glocks in the past with no experience and then loving when they realized how dumb they were for not giving it a go ;-).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1