Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock pro's cons ?'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NorCalK9.com
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 3958

    Shananigans I aint no 1 time ak owner I have a house full over here and I actually shoot these guns... Maybe you have an io casar or something but please dont compare off your one experience cause I say this my bulgarian ak74 has over 7k rounds of surplus corrosive ammo thru it in the last 6 months I havnt cleaned it in 5000 rounds now I mag dump it, I shoot out to 200-300 yards I throw it on the ground it gets treated like a hammer and it never stops, my wasr 10/63 has over 14000 rounds in the last 12 months gets treated as the ak74 does and no issues, so I dont know wat ak you have but throw that garbage away and get a real one.
    Originally posted by 23 Blast
    Indeed. They're beauty queens that have decades of proven combat service behind them.

    FWIW, my Colt XSE 1911 is perhaps my most reliable gun, and it's extremely accurate to boot. I once bought a box of reloads from Ammo Bros, and they asked me what gun I planned to shoot them out of. These were 200gr flatnosed bullets, which is why he asked the question.

    At the time, I owned both a 1911 and a Sig P220. He mentioned that the Sig would eat them no problem, but the Colt might choke on them. Imagine my surprise when the reverse was true - the Sig didn't like them at all, while the Colt loved 'em.

    As far as AR - mine is a build I bought from another Calgunner. None of the pieces are from the premier AR parts companies. Yet mine functioned, fired, fed, ejected, and did everything I could expect from it without fail. My SKS and AK's have managed to choke even on brass ammo.
    K.N.P.V. line malinois.
    Like my AR but LOVE myAK
    https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
    Our dogs bite
    Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

    Comment

    • Leoshik
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 88

      Sorry guys, I realize this is a quote from way back on page one, but ... well, it just pisses me off.

      Originally posted by tuna quesadilla
      What would a Glock thread be without some good ol' fashioned anti-Glock trolling?
      Really? Expressing one's opinion is trolling now?

      Just because someone can see through the cool aid and ignore the endless lip service Glocks get, from people who usually regurgitate what they hear from other, equally ill-informed fanatics.

      P.S. A re-visitation of the true meaning of forum "trolling" would be helpful in sparing yourself future embarrassment.

      Comment

      • Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        The bottom line is that you shouldn't listen to us "guys on the Internet" you have to go rent one, shoot it, then decide if YOU like it. If you buy one you can be sure that it is not junk.
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • stitch_paradox
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 1613

          Originally posted by Lead Waster
          The bottom line is that you shouldn't listen to us "guys on the Internet" you have to go rent one, shoot it, then decide if YOU like it. If you buy one you can be sure that it is not junk.

          Very wisely said sir.

          Comment

          • Blk04SR
            Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 148

            Another thread on this huh, IMO it is all relative and what fits the shooter the best. A lot of time is preferences that get people to one way or the other.

            Haters will be haters.

            It's been said above buy one if you like it and feel its right for you...try out and rent several different pistols though.

            Comment

            • fullspeed1
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 1908

              Originally posted by motorwerks


              Great picture... would have been much better if they would have thrown magazines on their 1911's..... First up is the most obvious.
              Cocked and locked, But no mag. Thats AWESOME!!!! So much for "train like you fight".
              Last edited by fullspeed1; 12-30-2011, 10:44 AM.

              Comment

              • fullspeed1
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1908

                Originally posted by dirtykoala
                Glocks are good at being reliable, just like many many other guns. Ive been thinking a bit about it, and it seems that the glock is a good introductory pistol. They are really cool because 50 Cent raps about them, but I find that many people out grow them and "graduate" to nicer guns after a while. I keep mine in my BOB as a back up, but if SHTF my 1911 is gonna be on my side, it hasnt failed me yet (only 700 rounds through it though), the glock has had a few stove pipes, but ive put thousands of rounds down with my glock, so thats to be expected from any gun.

                Glocks are sort of like honda civics. cheap, reliable, good for beginners, huge fan base, lots of parts so you can rice them out, but you will probably want something later thats stronger, more solid, better built, has some quality of craftsmanship to it... something more "grown up".

                It would be interesting to see a poll of handgun owners to see if glock was their first gun, or if they bought one after owning a few handguns, how old they were when they purchased the glock, what their income was when the bought the glock...







                yeah, go with an ak and glock because ARs and 1911s are "beauty queens", thats why these guys use AKs and glocks.



                Definitely not winning any points with your photos. I've owned an XD prior to ever shooting a Glock. Shot my buddies 19, And immediately sold my XD and 3 Glock purchases later. I recently sold my 1911, because i would never use it a life or death situation, and to simplify my manual of arms.

                Comment

                • tbc
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 5955

                  Haha. My experience was the opposite. I owned a g19 until I shot the XD9. I sold the g19.

                  Comment

                  • Bakerloo
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 1725

                    Why is there a need to quote the huge pic 3 times?
                    Just curious...
                    ...while the buffoon in the White House prances around celebrating butt sex.

                    Comment

                    • fullspeed1
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 1908

                      Originally posted by Bakerloo
                      Why is there a need to quote the huge pic 3 times?
                      Just curious...
                      Cut and paste is a little difficult on my iPhone.

                      Comment

                      • frank8097
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 814

                        Why is it so hard to just admit that naturally a modern design will be better than an older one? Polymer pistols the glock in particular have been and continue to prove to be flat out better than the 1911, but I don't see why these facts should stop someone from owning a 1911 or any other design for the matter, it hasn't stopped me.

                        That rant aside, from owning over 4 glock OP I have yet to find any cons

                        Comment

                        • Thecrazyone1
                          Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 466

                          Pros: Shoots accurate, aftermarket / parts are cheap and easy to find, strong polymer, easy to strip down, the rust proofing / finish is really durable.

                          Cons: Polymer recoil rod (replaceable with metal), Slide lever really small / thin (replaceable with extended), Plastic sights are easy to mess up if dropped (cheap and easy to replace) really nothing that can't be swapped out and upgraded but it would be nice is some of these features came with the gun and not need to be upgraded to have them.

                          Comment

                          • NorCalK9.com
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 3958

                            Well I pick up my glock 27 on the 9th cant wait
                            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                            Our dogs bite
                            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1