Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock pro's cons ?'s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    fullspeed1
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1908

    Originally posted by kuya51
    I'm looking into getting a Glock 19. Whats a reasonable price for them? I'm located in the Bay Area.
    $494 out the door.

    Comment

    • #77
      kuya51
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 51

      Originally posted by fullspeed1
      $494 out the door.
      Not bad. Do you know from where?

      Comment

      • #78
        BHPFan
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 2264

        Pro:
        Light
        Reliable
        Accurate enough.
        Very simple to use.
        Sturdy

        Con:
        One is not enough.

        I liken the Glock to a hard body pick up truck: You drive it on rough roads and to take a beating while still going.
        They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        ~ Benjamin Franklin

        Comment

        • #79
        • #80
          DarkSoul
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 977

          IMO you need to ask yourself a question, are you a gun collector, or is your pistol a tool, for a specific use.

          If you are a collector, and looking for a "pretty gun" and thats pretty much it... Glock probably isn't your cup of tea, they definitely aren't the prettiest pistol around, thats for sure.

          If it's a tool in the tool box, I don't think it can be beat, check this article out - http://theprepared.com/content/view/90/1/

          I have a Gen.2 Glock 21 (.45 ACP) that I bought brand new just a few months back (was a friends fathers who recently passed who horded guns, and it had never been fired), so far, I have approximately 4000+ rounds through it with only a very small issue from using the wrong sort of lubricant, which caused some gunk build up, but a quick wipe down, and some proper grease..... no issues (even with the gunk, it never stopped working, just felt a little odd on the recoil).

          For me, I do a lot of tactical courses, and run and gun stuff, so its ALWAYS in the dirt and grime. We shoot rain or shine, and it keeps going and going. I have found it is actually getting better the dirtier it gets (yea, I know, not exactly proper care and maintenance of a firearm).

          Ill try and get some pictures of it up in it's current state

          Comment

          • #81
            Sturnovik
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2937

            Originally posted by lawaia
            I own a couple of Glocks, and I CAN argue those points. I like the ergos. Mine have never blown up. I don't want or need an external safety. Cheap? Define cheap. Obvious flaws? I see none.

            I own several other handguns as well (Sig, HK, S&W). I like them all for different reasons.

            Your hate of Glock is just as obnoxious as the ever-dying love of the "fan boys".
            +1. Well said and I feel the same, if they had absolutely horrid ergos people wouldn't buy them.

            Comment

            • #82
              Lumpia is sarap!®
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 2267

              Pro:


              Con:
              Not a 1911.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #83
                NorCalK9.com
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 3958

                So can I shoot miwal 9mm reloads in a glock?
                K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                Our dogs bite
                Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                Comment

                • #84
                  chrisf
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 6501

                  Originally posted by dirtykoala
                  pros:
                  horrible ergonomics
                  they blow up in your hand
                  no external safety

                  eta:
                  cheap

                  cons:
                  you could turn into a glock fanboy that thinks they have the greatest gun in the world.
                  Smartest man on this forum. I personally will never even think of a glock, Because I don't want to be associated with glock owners.

                  Comment

                  • #85
                    lawaia
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 2083

                    Originally posted by NorCalK9.com
                    Ok so i've shot glocks before, sig p226's, springfield xd's stoeger 8000, and many other semi auto pistols. I'm thinking of trading my s308 for a glock26 or just buying one from a fellow calgunner
                    With that said i see alot of people dont like glocks.. Why?
                    Is it like the AK47/74 vs gayR thing? Lol
                    My experience with semi auto pistols is very limited more of a rifle guy, so whats the pros n cons of the glock26?
                    Thanks in advance for any input.
                    And reliability trumps all in my book.
                    Sorry, I never answered the OP's question. I do own a G26, so here goes:

                    Pros:
                    Small size - short grip (great for ccw)
                    Common caliber - ammo almost always available
                    Light recoil
                    Accurate
                    Simple operation
                    Sights are simple to replace (see cons)
                    Reliable
                    Low-maintenance
                    Simple maintenance
                    Readily available parts & easy user replacement

                    Cons:
                    Small size - short grip (not so great for a general use gun)
                    Plastic OEM sights (easily knocked off gun)
                    Slide is a little thicker than I would ideally like for a CCW

                    A lot of these pros and cons will apply to any 9mm Glock. I would probably not buy a G26 if it was my only handgun. I love it for a CCW, though.

                    If I wanted one Glock for HD, CCW, range use, competition, etc., I would probably look at the G19. If you eliminate CCW from that list, I would look to the G17.

                    Comment

                    • #86
                      Distro
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 812

                      Originally posted by chrisf
                      Smartest man on this forum. I personally will never even think of a glock, Because I don't want to be associated with glock owners.
                      This is the type of statement that gives 1911 owners a bad reputation. "I personally will never even think of a 1911, Because I don't want to be associated with 1911 owners." See how silly that statement sounds coming from either side.

                      Comment

                      • #87
                        fullspeed1
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1908

                        Originally posted by kuya51
                        Not bad. Do you know from where?
                        Mil/LE/EMS blue label discount or join the GSSF.

                        Comment

                        • #88
                          lawaia
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 2083

                          Originally posted by chrisf
                          Smartest man on this forum. I personally will never even think of a glock, Because I don't want to be associated with glock owners.
                          Good. We don't want to be associated with you, either. Neener, neener!

                          Comment

                          • #89
                            NorCalK9.com
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 3958

                            Seriously? Lol you'd limit yourself on you tools just so you wouldnt be associated with other owners of that firearms owners.
                            Hmm I love AK's only rifles i'll stake my life on yet I dont care that terrorists use it too, cause theres alot of good people that also use it!
                            Again can I safely use miwal 9mm reloads in a glock? The non glock people have me a little nervous.
                            K.N.P.V. line malinois.
                            Like my AR but LOVE myAK
                            https://m.facebook.com/NorCal-K-9-137536682986716/
                            Our dogs bite
                            Malinois n Dutch shep pups available all ages Working homes only.

                            Comment

                            • #90
                              Ding126
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 4393

                              I don't like these type of posts...like Chevy v. Ford...

                              Glock proven history, parts are cheap & good value. But I would consider a full size pistol before going to a compact...just my opinion.

                              I have A Glock ( only one ) but prefer HK and mid to high end 1911's..I suggest renting several pistols and see what feels good, what fits your style of shooting and get a caliber based on purpose...lot's of shooting 9mm, protection 45acp or .40 in the middle...lots of things to think about


                              GOOD LUCK
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1