Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

non polymer single stack 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Rangda
    Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 165

    Shot my brother's P6 couple time. I love it, and he got it for a really good price back in few years.
    I apologize ahead, when I'm tire/sleepy, my 3rd world English will sneak out.

    A.K.A - Rifle Newbie.

    Comment

    • #32
      dan12580
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 1241

      springfield emp.
      Iam a good shot. At least i think i would be. Iam a good free throw shooter.

      Comment

      • #33
        BamBam-31
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Dec 2005
        • 5318

        Originally posted by Bobula
        I'm really shocked at how little love the sig P6 or 225 are getting.
        I shot a 225. Trigger pull was...unfriendly. No thanks. Judging from my MK9 Elite 98, I'd rather have a Kahr.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #34
          Peter W Bush
          Calguns Supreme Overlord
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2009
          • 4727

          Sig P239 might be the most accurate compact I've fired. You should buy one.
          Will trade liquor/wine/beer for parts and accesories and ammo! PM me. Dont drink n shoot. Offer void where prohibited. Must be 21 or older, etc. etc.

          Originally posted by TURBOELKY
          Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
          Originally posted by TURBOELKY
          put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D

          Comment

          • #35
            Hipmatt
            Member
            • Feb 2009
            • 148

            I have a P229, in 9mm, 1st of all the balance is fine, and the gun is great, I would recommend it, but it's not a single stack.

            Comment

            • #36
              eccvets
              Banned
              • Jul 2008
              • 1243

              HK USP

              Comment

              • #37
                MossbergMan
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 1255

                Don't fight the DA/SA trigger issue. Get a Springfield 9mm (in any of their models) you will not be disappointed. I own a total of 4 Springfield 9's with a
                5th. on order. The full sized 1911 guns shoot great and the EMP, well if you want a small concealable 1911 style pistol....EMP will be the answer to all your questions.
                The other guns mentioned are okay, but if you own Glocks...stick with a single action pistol.
                Springfield service, should you ever need them, have been "johnny on the spot for me". If you get a full size Springfield or Kimber 9mm, Tripp Research 10 round magazines are the to go for spares.
                Good luck with whatever choice you make....new guns are fun.
                Larry Renner
                Plus (+) P Proficiency LLC
                NRA and CA. P.O.S.T certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Tactical Instructor.
                You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.

                Comment

                • #38
                  wu_dot_com
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 1362

                  why havent anyone wisper the legendary SIG P210. its "the" single stack 9mm that rule all single stack 9mm. that is if you have the cash for one and you just happend to find one.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Ranger20
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 1610

                    I Agree the S&W 3913 or 3914... Here is a pic of mine Lighter weight than a 239 thinner and better balance IMHO. My favorite thin 9mm





                    SIG 239 Or P6/225 Here is my p6 with my glock 36 both single stack.



                    Or get a Browning Hi Power.... Single action .. Sure double stack but very thin grip. You would be amazed at quality and ease of use and carry...

                    Last edited by Ranger20; 05-10-2010, 6:25 PM.
                    Join Date: Oct 2008
                    Location: Sacramento Area
                    Posts: 1,600
                    iTrader: 89 / 100%
                    Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      cineski
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 6205

                      The Kahr trigger is a much better combat trigger than the DA/SA. I'm just not a DA/SA fan at all. If you get into a gun fight, you have a post firing safety that you must engage to make the gun safe. The Kahr / Glock trigger is the best for combat IMO.

                      The Kahr trigger is also great for target practice. It's very smooth and breaks cleanly.

                      Originally posted by J&B
                      Wow thanks guys im really leaning towards the sig p239 or kahr t9 but i like the sig da/sa. Anybody own these pistols that may have some input?

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        BHPFan
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2007
                        • 2264

                        Originally posted by J&B
                        I meant sig p239
                        Excellent choice.
                        They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        ~ Benjamin Franklin

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          BHPFan
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 2264

                          Originally posted by leelaw
                          After my experience with S&W semi-autos, I'd stay away. Far away. ..but that's just me.
                          How so?

                          Which S&W semiautos are you talking about?
                          The 1st Gen?
                          2nd Gen?
                          3rd Gen?
                          M&P?
                          Sigma?
                          They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          ~ Benjamin Franklin

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            hybridatsun350
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2007
                            • 5336

                            I'd try and find a P225/P6. They can be had for VERY reasonable prices and are great guns. A lot of the others mentioned are great options as well.

                            Originally posted by leelaw
                            After my experience with S&W semi-autos, I'd stay away. Far away. ..but that's just me.
                            Agreed.

                            Originally posted by BHPFan
                            How so?

                            Which S&W semiautos are you talking about?
                            The 1st Gen?
                            2nd Gen?
                            3rd Gen?
                            M&P?
                            Sigma?
                            The M&P is the only one I've seen that can really compete with what's out there. Sadly, the others fall desperately short.
                            Dom

                            ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              gunn
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 1536

                              Originally posted by chainsaw
                              Second the recommendation of the CZ-75 - except it is not single-stack! It does, however, have a very ergonomic grip. Similarly, the Browning High-Power has a slim grip for a double-stack.

                              Add to the list of real single-stacks: The Walther P-1 (a.k.a. P-38), affordable, and the Sig P210, but those are nearly unaffordable. I think the 9mm Pardini's are double-stack, but I'm not sure.
                              I'm not a Fan of the Walther P38. Super heavy trigger and since it's a "collectable", I'm less inclined to get the trigger tuned.

                              OTOH, I really do enjoy the P6/P225. My only complaint about this slim single stack 9mm is that it only holds 8rds.
                              -g
                              Play it Forward Thread: Share with your Fellow Calgunners by Giving Something for FREE and Take Something you Need for FREE!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                patriot_man
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 2640

                                As ranger20 says the browning hi-power is a great choice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1