Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

BUDSGUNSHOP.COM

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    OIF_VET
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 639

    Got a SA TRP Operator from Buds with no problems. Guess I was one of the lucky ones...

    Comment

    • #47
      flatovercrest
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2008
      • 740

      I have purchased before from Buds. Never a single problem. Actually one of the best customer services ever.

      Comment

      • #48
        qaz987
        Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 436

        Originally posted by paul0660
        Bud's is cheap and slow. If you have a local FFL who isn't in love with himself, get a price from him and compare it to your best online price including taxes and fees. Good FFL's can come darn close to online prices, and then you have another person in your corner if the gun has issues.
        Agree 100%. A good relationship with an FFL and gunsmith is priceless.
        "He swears to god he's an atheist."

        Comment

        • #49
          wamphyri13
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2008
          • 2759

          I've only purchased 2 guns from Buds. A 7.25" Buckmark Lite Splash and a S&W 1911 with rail. I spoke with Gurney several times on the S&W and the only time I never spoke to a person was when I called after hours. 3 hour time difference that I forgot about, so my fault, not theirs. Are they perfect, no. They accidentally double billed me for the S&W, but they got it straight after I notified them. I will continue to do business with them as long as I can afford to. In my opinion, they're great guys with great stuff at great prices.
          Ryan
          The following statement is true.
          The preceding statement was false.

          Comment

          • #50
            The Crunch
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2009
            • 42

            Okay, here is my update as of December 2, 2009 at 5:55 p.m.; I am the first person to admit when i have made a mistake. After reading all your comments, I came to the conclusion that I was wrong to write a bad review on Budsgunshop.com website. Basically, I entered this transaction with the wrong expectations. What i expected was the customer service of a retail store. You guys are right, if you know what you want, you want to save some money, and are willing to wait a few days for delivery, than Buds is the place to buy.

            With regard to the lack of communication with me, yes, Buds phones were down and they were having technical difficulties. "Crap happens."

            Here is the kicker; the owner of Budsgunshop called me personally today (9pm eastern time). That speaks volumes to me. Rex called me from his personal cell number and took the time to talk to me. I mentioned in one of my previous comments that if i had just received an email from Buds asking what went wrong with my purchase, I would be completely satisfied. They went well beyond that by Rex calling me. So much so that i asked him to remove the negative comment i wrote and to allow me to write a new comment.

            As Rex told me, they are really really busy and do care about their clients. That's clear from the personal attention Buds provided.

            Comment

            • #51
              retired
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Sep 2007
              • 9411

              Good on the owner and good on you for posting this.

              Comment

              • #52
                bsg
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2009
                • 25954

                i responded to a bud's internet ad approx. 8 or 9 months ago; they had a factory two-tone P226 in stock [old school P series} but it was not posted whether it was w german or german. the fellow i chatted with was very helpful and we talked for perhaps 20 minutes about old w german sigs. the gun in question turned out to be german but not of the older w german time period i was interested in; the fellow kept talking with me about the older sigs even after he knew i was not going to make a purchase. i felt like i was speaking with someone at an "old time" gun shop and even though i made no purchase, my experience was a positive one. i do prefer buying locally simply because it is easier for me to do so, and i get a "hands on" experience before parting with my money. sometimes though, you may have to wait a long time before "that certain gun" becomes available at a local level; so it's 6 of 1 or half a dozen of another....

                Comment

                • #53
                  mike452
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 1510

                  Originally posted by The Crunch
                  I will NEVER buy a firearm from Budsgunshop.com or any other online store again.
                  Man! Just one not so bad experience with one shop and you make a life long decision to get rip-off for the rest of your life?

                  Many have posted here before that Budsgunshop.com is not good with communication. People purchased online from them do get their guns.
                  ======

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    creampuff
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3730

                    Originally posted by The Crunch
                    Okay, here is my update as of December 2, 2009 at 5:55 p.m.; I am the first person to admit when i have made a mistake. After reading all your comments, I came to the conclusion that I was wrong to write a bad review on Budsgunshop.com website.
                    ... I mentioned in one of my previous comments that if i had just received an email from Buds asking what went wrong with my purchase, I would be completely satisfied. They went well beyond that by Rex calling me. So much so that i asked him to remove the negative comment i wrote and to allow me to write a new comment.
                    You might want to edit or add an addendum to your first post, as that might be the first thing a person browsing through this site might read.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Nachoman
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 1138

                      Originally posted by creampuff
                      You might want to edit or add an addendum to your first post, as that might be the first thing a person browsing through this site might read.
                      Yeah, keep the first post but then cut and paste post #51 to the bottom of it. It's good when people see the conclusion to a problem.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        silaic7
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 552

                        good to see a happy ending!!!. like others, I had great experience with buds. bought all my toys with them, all went well. Will not buy anywhere except budsgunshop!

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          .22guy
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 5863

                          I've had good experiences with buds. It's a little slow dealing with them, but it's well worth it for the price. Having an FFL dealer that does transfers for me for 10 dollars doesn't hurt either.
                          Originally posted by sholling
                          Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            L-2
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 1335

                            My recent Bud's experience.
                            I did have to telephone a few times before getting through to a human.
                            Otherwise, service was OK/fair. The photo and description didn't match so I needed to speak with somebody for some assurance I was ordering what I wanted.
                            Telephone ordered on 11/20/09, the Friday before Thanksgiving.
                            Order shipped on 11/24/09, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
                            Order received by my FFL on 11/27/09, the Friday after Thanksgiving.
                            11/30/09 "DRoS'd" at FFL Monday as they were closed over the weekend.
                            Now the 10 day waiting period...

                            EDIT: picked up gun from FFL 12/10/09!
                            Last edited by L-2; 12-11-2009, 4:26 AM.
                            (former) Glock and 1911 Armorer; LEO (now retired)

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              sirnonz
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 1213

                              bud's should be GTG in most cases.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                sephy
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • 1146

                                I'll chime in too. I've purchased 5 or 6 guns from Buds in the last few years and the service has been great every time. Though the dealers raising their out of state transfer cost has made me stick to buying used more and more.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1