Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Red dot question.
Collapse
X
-
Wait, was this at Prado? CA-IDPA match with Leif?Yup!!!
When people go for smaller dot for precision, what precision are we really talking about?
For example, with a DPP at 2.5MOA - at 25-yards, that is like what? Less than an inch? The majority of shooters can't even hold less than 5-inch groups slow fire at 25-yards...
In the event we are shooting targets out to 240-yards? A 5MOA (13-inches at 240#) dot can still make contact with a human-sized steel silhouette.
While my own match pistol Glock 34 Gen 5 uses the SRO's 5MOA dot, my wife's Glock 19 Gen 3 uses the Holosun's 8MOA circle reticle - at 25-yards, this is more than sufficient for a 4-inch headshot (8MOA at 25# is about 2-inches)...
I recently took it through its paces (shakedown) to see if the larger MOA would be a disadvantage... Apparently not... Head shots... 6-inch steels at 15+ yards... Reduced center mass target between non-threats...
So, again - why are we pursuing a smaller dot for non-Bullseye shooting?
_Comment
-
Comment
-
Ditch it! It's unreliable, especially in rapidly changing light conditions, those that may happen in defense scenarios. You get what you pay for!
Yes, it was. You shoot CA-IDPA, as well?
_Comment
-
Comment
-
-
Just recently with the SRO: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1706852
So much for non-Chinese made...
_Last edited by rodralig; 03-30-2021, 1:22 PM.Comment
-
This or.......
Hopefully, a Nighthawk Firehawk with their IOS system and an RMR. I'll know for sure when it gets here in a couple weeks
Comment
-
Just recently with the SRO: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1706852
So much for non-Chinese made...
_Comment
-
-
A man of good taste! When I was looking at their California custom program (the express gunsmithing thing) early in covid, I was was gravitating towards the fire hawk.... And I also "need" a railed 1911...damn two more guns to go. lol
That is gonna be spicy! Definitely share with us one you get it!
I don't need a other 1911, but want...oh yes! My precioussss!Last edited by Peahi2; 03-31-2021, 10:01 PM.Comment
-
Ive been told all my taste is in my mouthA man of good taste! When I was looking at their California custom program (the express gunsmithing thing) early in covid, I was was gravitating towards the fire hawk.... And I also "need" a railed 1911...damn two more guns to go. lol
That is gonna be spicy! Definitely share with us one you get it!
I don't need a other 1911, but want...oh yes! My precioussss!
I did this CA express thing Just because everyone needs an integrally compensated 1911 in 9mm.......right???? Plus, it is a small FU to the roster, albeit an expensive one. Pics when it comes in.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,774
Posts: 25,151,556
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20210 users online. 139 members and 20071 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment