Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 Obsolete?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bb557
    • Aug 2017
    • 485

    Originally posted by Joust
    My G19 just stopped working as soon as some of these new guns hit the market. No exaggerating.

    Comment

    • Joust
      Member
      • Dec 2019
      • 146

      Comment

      • BB1776
        Member
        • Aug 2016
        • 439

        Originally posted by Garandimal
        Solid, reliable handguns, like women, are never obsolete.

        ...just because a thinner one comes along.
        Words of wisdom right there. I do wonder, though, will plastic frames hold up as well as metal frames 100 years from now (given proper maintenance and storage)? Methinks not.

        Comment

        • k1dude
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2009
          • 15909

          Originally posted by BB1776
          Words of wisdom right there. I do wonder, though, will plastic frames hold up as well as metal frames 100 years from now (given proper maintenance and storage)? Methinks not.
          In 100 years, you won't care.
          "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

          "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

          Comment

          • Darto
            CGN Contributor
            • Apr 2012
            • 6725

            Originally posted by hambam105
            Anyone knows a Glock 19 is obsolete after watching perfectly good 9x19 ammo bounce off an card board target at 15 yards.
            They should engrave those words above on Gaston Glock's headstone when at last he leaves Vienna for the great plastic Jerusalem above.

            Comment

            • JTROKS
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2007
              • 13093

              Originally posted by k1dude
              In 100 years, you won't care.
              I had polymer base pad for some of my 1911 mags, I’m sure it’s made by Wilson. Bought the base pad around mid-late 80s. Literally the mag dumped the ammo and spring after slamming it home into my Colt 1991A1 Commander. Upon inspection the plastic groove that slips into the tabs just cracked. I used this base pad back in the late 80s shooting USPSA, had about 5 of them and they performed great. I had these mags stored in a box unused for almost 30 years. I made some aluminum base pads and the mag works great again. At least I don’t have to worry about aluminum deteriorating when exposed to cleaning solvents and long storage.
              The wise man said just find your place
              In the eye of the storm
              Seek the roses along the way
              Just beware of the thorns...
              K. Meine

              Comment

              • johnparjr
                Member
                • Jan 2013
                • 215

                I would hope not I just bought one

                Comment

                • SharedShots
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2021
                  • 2277

                  Long before the Glock 19 is obsolete the people saying they are will be.
                  Let Go of the Status Quo!

                  Don't worry, it will never pass...How in the hell did that pass?

                  Think past your gun, it's the last resort, the first is your brain.

                  Defense is a losing proposition when time is on the side of the opponent. In the history of humanity, no defense has ever won against an enemy with time on their side.

                  Comment

                  • mossy
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 7432

                    Originally posted by BB1776
                    Words of wisdom right there. I do wonder, though, will plastic frames hold up as well as metal frames 100 years from now (given proper maintenance and storage)? Methinks not.
                    Who cares, we will all be dead.
                    best troll thread in calguns history
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                    burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                    Comment

                    • SIGSHOOTR
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 657

                      Is this the same clown who does those "torture tests"? LMAO.
                      Last edited by SIGSHOOTR; 05-02-2021, 10:45 PM.
                      sigpic
                      We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                      For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                      Shall be my brother-- Henry V

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1