Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 Obsolete?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JC2020
    Senior Member
    • May 2020
    • 821

    Glock 19 Obsolete?

    Originally posted by crufflers
    I don't think I have any RDS that shake awake at all... but I was thinking only of CCW use here. Wouldn't a shake awake RDS always be ON or switching on constantly riding IWB?

    All I have are FF3's, battery RMR's, HS, and similar... non of my rifle RDS shake awake either AFAIK. ok, maybe the HS 507, but I don't trust that one since it is the replacement. FWIW, I am one of those guys that loves Aimpoint PRO's but turns them off hahah.

    I'm not an early adopter, but an early tester for sure. I'll buy anything and make it a range gun, but I trust iron sights, night sights, lights. I have spent a lot of time and money putting RDS on guns so it is not like I am against them in the least. I'm not going to mess with any switches if it isn't on the range for fun or if there is always going to be time to do that... always.

    Guns like a PPQ with a RDS and no rear sight are toys IMHO. Maybe I am wrong - it has happened before. The right RDS might change my mind. Probably one with rock solid motion sensor and nuclear power plant.

    Comment

    • axhoaxho
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jun 2009
      • 10085

      Glock has a huge aftermarket support... the fun has just begun.

      Last edited by axhoaxho; 03-18-2021, 4:13 PM.

      Comment

      • Mendo223
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1536

        well **** thats good to know and thankfully have never had to do so, the closest i came to that was one night when i saw three sets of eyes on my fenceline that looked like people hiding out...turned out to just be deer.

        my most common nuisance is the damn coyotes tbh, slaughtered my chickens, several cats, and my neighbors baby sheep, but he has some great pyranese now so i havent seen the coyote since the summer.

        there are a ton of tweaker home invasions up here, and justified self defense scenarios as our DA is generally pro 2a and every year we have around 2-3 justified self defense scenarios almost all of them occured inside residences and not on property.

        Comment

        • Mendo223
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 1536

          im convinced i need to spend my stimulus check on an RDS and see how it feels carrying.

          if applying for CCW, do you need to have the RDS installed on the gun you apply with, or can you retroactively modify.

          One complaint i do have about the glock19 is the thickness of the trigger gaurd that rubs against my middle finger alot. one of my glock22s had this area shaved down and feels much better, and im tempted to try on the 19.

          Comment

          • crufflers
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2011
            • 12723

            Originally posted by Mendo223
            im convinced i need to spend my stimulus check on an RDS and see how it feels carrying.

            if applying for CCW, do you need to have the RDS installed on the gun you apply with, or can you retroactively modify.

            One complaint i do have about the glock19 is the thickness of the trigger gaurd that rubs against my middle finger alot. one of my glock22s had this area shaved down and feels much better, and im tempted to try on the 19.
            IIRC, it was around a $300 project to get a G19 Brownell's window RMR cut slide built plus the red dot... worth it to find out.

            No denying they are fun for the range and a personal choice for self-defense.

            Comment

            • Mendo223
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 1536

              Yea both of the gunslinger armory slides i ordered have the RMR cutouts, think i will put her on the g19 instead of the g26. I always intended to have an extra slide for each gun for RDS so that i can just switch the slide out instead of install/uninstall the RDS.

              Has anyone ever heard about the screws for the RMR plate hitting the extractor plunger spring thing and causing FTE? I was talking to a buddy today about RMRs and he said that the screw actually hit the extractor plunger, forgot what brand slide he had it was a cheaper brand i think KMT, he didnt install an RDS he just had the plate screwed on, he ended up taking it completely off.

              Comment

              • static2126
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2013
                • 5619

                Originally posted by Mendo223
                Yea both of the gunslinger armory slides i ordered have the RMR cutouts, think i will put her on the g19 instead of the g26. I always intended to have an extra slide for each gun for RDS so that i can just switch the slide out instead of install/uninstall the RDS.

                Has anyone ever heard about the screws for the RMR plate hitting the extractor plunger spring thing and causing FTE? I was talking to a buddy today about RMRs and he said that the screw actually hit the extractor plunger, forgot what brand slide he had it was a cheaper brand i think KMT, he didnt install an RDS he just had the plate screwed on, he ended up taking it completely off.
                Interesting have not had that issue with stock screw lengths. This is why Shadow Systems MR920 has a shortened extractor plunger (it uses super long screws)

                Comment

                • Mendo223
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 1536

                  I went and shot with my buddy today and he had removed all of the RMR plates from his aftermarket slides. He swears that the right side screw is interfering with the extractor spring. I put my phone light on it and could see the spring visible with the RMR screw out, but idk it doesnt seem like that tiny RMR screw is even reaching down that far. He was an angry shooter ranting about this issue when several in our group asked him why his two glocks had "naked" RMR cutouts lol......

                  Comment

                  • Garandimal
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 2145

                    Solid, reliable handguns, like women, are never obsolete.

                    ...just because a thinner one comes along.




                    GR


                    (I think, therefore I am armed.)


                    -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

                    Comment

                    • amyacker
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2019
                      • 5

                      The 19 in my opinion is still the most versatile, parts compatibility, aftermarket support, mag interchangeability.

                      Comment

                      • JTROKS
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 13093

                        Originally posted by Mendo223
                        I went and shot with my buddy today and he had removed all of the RMR plates from his aftermarket slides. He swears that the right side screw is interfering with the extractor spring. I put my phone light on it and could see the spring visible with the RMR screw out, but idk it doesnt seem like that tiny RMR screw is even reaching down that far. He was an angry shooter ranting about this issue when several in our group asked him why his two glocks had "naked" RMR cutouts lol......
                        Yes it will if the screw is touching the spring. I had to trim one down.

                        Is the G19 obsolete? Only if you can get your hands on a G48 and Shield Arms mags.

                        367BB065-4F88-4F0B-9BCE-9472BDEA3CAC.jpg
                        The wise man said just find your place
                        In the eye of the storm
                        Seek the roses along the way
                        Just beware of the thorns...
                        K. Meine

                        Comment

                        • RideWest
                          Member
                          • May 2018
                          • 155

                          Originally posted by Mendo223
                          Yea both of the gunslinger armory slides i ordered have the RMR cutouts, think i will put her on the g19 instead of the g26. I always intended to have an extra slide for each gun for RDS so that i can just switch the slide out instead of install/uninstall the RDS.

                          Has anyone ever heard about the screws for the RMR plate hitting the extractor plunger spring thing and causing FTE? I was talking to a buddy today about RMRs and he said that the screw actually hit the extractor plunger, forgot what brand slide he had it was a cheaper brand i think KMT, he didnt install an RDS he just had the plate screwed on, he ended up taking it completely off.

                          Comment

                          • ap3572001
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 6039

                            Glock 19 obsolete? Never heard anything like that.

                            Comment

                            • FAS1
                              Member
                              • Jun 2015
                              • 386

                              Judging by handguns sold, I would say not. You can skip the others and go to the 4:40 mark.

                              Last edited by FAS1; 04-30-2021, 8:27 AM.
                              Glenn

                              FAS1 SAFE

                              Comment

                              • Joust
                                Member
                                • Dec 2019
                                • 146

                                My G19 just stopped working as soon as some of these new guns hit the market. No exaggerating.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1