Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First Handgun you ever fired?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Cru Jones
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 587

    Actually, I think it was a Desert Eagle.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want , is strong enough to take everything you have.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #62
      elSquid
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2007
      • 11844

      Smith & Wesson Model 10. ~25 years ago.

      Man, I'm getting old.

      -- Michael

      Comment

      • #63
        CSDGuy
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 3763

        I was about 12 years old. It was my Dad's Springfield 1911A-1... in .45ACP. He missed his 1911 that he'd gotten back in the '60's... and sold it. He got to do as much shooting as he'd needed to while in the Navy. He prefers shotguns though. I shot my first shotgun when I was about 8... and I'd had BB guns prior to that. I was really introduced to the shotgun when I was 11 or 12. There was this trap & skeet club on base. I don't think it exists anymore though.

        Comment

        • #64
          WokMaster1
          Part time Emperor
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Mar 2006
          • 5436

          S & W Model 10. was issued to my mom & I helped send some rounds down range at her qualification shoot.
          "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

          Comment

          • #65
            Fantasma
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 3077

            Colt .45

            17 years old.

            Comment

            • #66
              SB643
              Member
              • Jul 2008
              • 131

              .357mag.
              I was 13 or 14, I think dad took over after my 2nd shot and we went back to the rifles.

              Comment

              • #67
                Turo
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2009
                • 5066

                I believe it was a Ruger mkI. After learning how to handle the 10/22, my dad moved me to the mkI. I think I was about 5 years old.
                "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
                -Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #68
                  C-Rock
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 31

                  When I was about 15 I got to fire a few rounds out of a Glock 17.

                  About two minutes later I got one round out of a Raging Bull. I forget the caliber(big), but that one shot was just about all I needed.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    andalusi
                    Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 421

                    Originally posted by rgs1975
                    Well, what was it? What were the circumstances? How old were you?
                    Not counting shooting the BB gun of a friend's little brother back when I was in high school (17, maybe?), that'd be a Ruger Mk II at Jackson Arms back in February. My wife and I had wanted to get handgun lessons for Valentine's Day, though they were booked solid that weekend and we had to go the next.

                    I fired a S&W 686 and a 1911 (I don't remember the manufacture) the same day, too, and after those two, I knew I was hooked.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      dakobster81
                      Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 467

                      didnt shoot one or the first time until I was 17, it was an old scoped 22 rifle. I was out at a relatives house in Mt Hamilton shooting water bottles and coke cans. After that I didn't shoot one until I was 21, this time it was a Beretta 92fs INOX(a friends) at Reeds. Been hooked ever since then, month later bought my glock.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        AdamM
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 850

                        Ruger P90 .45ACP

                        I dont remember how old I was (Around 11-12), but I couldnt get enough

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          ERdept
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 4698

                          High Standard, .22 pistol.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            hotfire
                            Member
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 125

                            I was 19, out in the desert and shot my friends .44mag S&W revolver. Was a great gun for my first experience shooting a gun.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              tonelar
                              Dinosaur
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 6081

                              You asked about 1st handgun, right? I notice there are more than a few long guns on the list so far. I'm no different, shot my dad's 22LR carbine when I musta been 7-8, we were riding a row boat along the Pagsanhan River, towards the Falls. I was gifted a 20 guage and a .22LR when I turned 12.

                              About that 1st handgun: Mine was a S&W 669 purchased and fired when I was 21 (back when Coyote Point allowed center fire pistols.
                              Last edited by tonelar; 06-04-2009, 3:31 AM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                bigthaiboy
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2007
                                • 4795

                                Browning Hi-Power 9mm. I was 13 while in the army cadets.

                                Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1