Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First Handgun you ever fired?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mala in se
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 619

    i was 8 and my uncle was an LEO. his sergeant at the time let me shoot a .38 special revolver (snub nose i think). i remember it being so loud even w/ the ear protection, and it had recoil like a mofo.

    that had to be the highlight of the year for me. i thought it was so cool, but i ended up playin' w/ my gi joes, transformers, m.u.s.c.l.e.s, etc. and forgot about shooting again.

    i don't think i ever fired a handgun again until i was 28.

    Comment

    • sactoshooter
      Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 214

      My pops colt king cobra .357 ... I have got to say I had visions of dirty harry and loved shooting it. It was the first handgun my dad ever purchased and he got it when i was around 16.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

      Comment

      • newtothis
        Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Apr 2006
        • 355

        Buntline special somewhere off the road in Nevada when I was 10 or so.

        Comment

        • gunboat
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • 3288

          A model 1911a1 -- my uncle sam taught me how to shoot it, then kindly sent me to korea for lots of practice --

          Comment

          • Edge
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 1568

            A Ruger Mark 1 at age 8. My Dad still has the gun and I still love to shoot it. One of the most accurate handguns I've ever handled.
            "I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's going to start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm getting paid. Mostly if I'm getting paid."

            "You sir are ignorant and it appears willfully so." - Kestryll

            "I was thinking about it the other day, and realized that I've only got three real emotional states: Happy, angry and none." - M.Sage

            Comment

            • MikeR
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 2573

              Glock 17L (DAMN ugly gun=) @ some shooting range in escondido back in the early 90s. A few of us from work went during lunch, ive always liked guns but that day set me on a path.

              I can almost remember the thrill. I even purchased a G19 later that year. I swore a 19 would be the only glock i would ever own, but im growing fond of the 21 and an OD 17.

              Comment

              • BunnySlayer
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 992

                A Smith J frame .38 when I was about 5 yrs old.
                sigpic

                Comment

                • GoodGuy96
                  Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 131

                  HiStandard HD Military .22, shot at the Kansas City, City dump. I was 5-6 years old.
                  The piece was my Dads from Marine Corps pistol competition; he left the Marines in 1939. He gave me the gun a couple of years ago, it's still a beauty! By the way Dad is 92 years old and just returned from his honeymoon in Hawaii, his lovely bride is 86. Gotta hand it to those old Marines!
                  Heed the man with only one rifle, for he knows how to use it.

                  Comment

                  • kmoney168
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 32

                    i was 18, the gun was a berreta 9mm, basic training summer of '92

                    Comment

                    • DeviLDoc8483
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • 60

                      Beretta M9
                      sigpic Citizen by Choice, Patriot through Service

                      Comment

                      • Turbinator
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 11960

                        Colt Police Positive, 4" barrel, .38 special. Shot it at a local indoor range. I was about 17 or so - dad took me. I didn't know how to shoot at all, but it was fun. 2nd gun was a S&W 5906 in 9mm, range rental from the same place later on. I couldn't hit anything with it - my fault. It would be several years until I would eventually get my own guns and start shooting on my own - not until I turned 21.

                        Turby

                        Comment

                        • YZINGERR
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2008
                          • 1567

                          mine was when I was 10 and it was an army issue 1911 made in 1918.
                          the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
                          -PUBLIC LAND OWNER-

                          Comment

                          • hard_drive
                            Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 130

                            Winchester 1897 shotgun. ~15 yo.

                            Comment

                            • jrau13
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 1073

                              Handgun-Colt 44magnum

                              First gun ever-410 shotgun.
                              sigpic
                              We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                              Ronald Reagan

                              The mindless dribble that is my BLOG

                              Comment

                              • sb_pete
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 1039

                                LOL, I was thinking about it, and I'm embarrassed to say that I just don't remember...
                                The earliest I can remember was the time my dad took me to the range and we shot a .22 autoloading pistol (may have been a buckmark or woodsman, but I just can't remember) and a centerfire pistol of some sort that I truly remember nothing about *shrug*. I must have been about 10.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1