Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

No Regular Calibers Allowed...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    HUTCH 7.62
    In Memoriam
    • Aug 2006
    • 11298

    .25 ACP
    Some say that he once mooned two prostitutes just for a round of drinks, but wasn't surprised by the reply......They call him, the Hutch
    Some say that he rode a dirtbike 7k miles across the country and that he once applied Bengay to his own testicles for a mere $50............They call him, the Hutch -Top Gear

    http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/...CCAB7CE8D70F60

    Comment

    • #77
      Hunt
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 4833

      Originally posted by Brain411
      .270 Winchester
      LOL! yep, what an odd caliber
      Protect public lands access http://www.backcountryhunters.org/

      Comment

      • #78
        Pofoo
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 1689

        A interesting pistol, not rare caliber
        Star mdl S.
        Theses pistols started out as 1911 clones for the Spanish Air Force. These are all steel clones (except for the trigger mechanism which is a bit different and no grip safety) were originally chambered in .32acp/7.65. When the Air Force upgraded in the 50's-60's??, InterArms bought them all and referbished them and changed to .380acp/9mmkurts. Star also made and sold new commercial pistols at this time.
        So, 90% size 1911 in .380 is fun to shoot and can be reliable with a bit of tinkering.

        Comment

        • #79
          Pofoo
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 1689

          Another interesting pistol is the Savage 1907.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Model_1907.
          Very cool looking.
          One of the first pistols to have a double stack magazine.

          Comment

          • #80
            Brain411
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • May 2013
            • 72

            Originally posted by Hunt
            LOL! yep, what an odd caliber
            Yup, I have a Ruger M77 in .270 Winchester
            Attached Files
            NRA Lifetime Member

            Comment

            • #81
              Black Majik
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 9695

              Here's a few of mine..

              50AE


              32 Colt New Police


              25 ACP


              7.62 Tokarev




              9mm Mak

              Comment

              • #82
                jimmykan
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 3103

                For handguns, 38 Super out of a 1911 is the most "oddball" cartridge I shoot.

                For rifles, it's a tie between 6x47 Lapua or 338 Edge. No factory loadings for either.

                Comment

                • #83
                  Calif Hunter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 3323

                  Originally posted by Pofoo
                  A interesting pistol, not rare caliber
                  Star mdl S.
                  Theses pistols started out as 1911 clones for the Spanish Air Force. These are all steel clones (except for the trigger mechanism which is a bit different and no grip safety) were originally chambered in .32acp/7.65. When the Air Force upgraded in the 50's-60's??, InterArms bought them all and referbished them and changed to .380acp/9mmkurts. Star also made and sold new commercial pistols at this time.
                  So, 90% size 1911 in .380 is fun to shoot and can be reliable with a bit of tinkering.
                  http://www.star-firearms.com/firearm.../s/index.shtml
                  I have 2 of the Super SMversion with adjustable rear sight. Nice little pistols. Mine have been reliable but I have not really tried them with defense loads, just FMJ. I'd like to find a replacement set of grips for one of them that has very nice (but aggressive) checkered wood grips. The other one has plastic grips with a thumb rest on the left panel.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    caarcher
                    Junior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 59

                    Originally posted by The King
                    What's a henway?
                    Oh, about 4 to 6 pounds.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      redcliff
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 5676

                      I don't have many oddballs; .30 Luger is the best I can do I think. 1902 Luger Carbine
                      "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                      "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                      "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                      "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                      although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        Fatcat
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 1299

                        Colt Government model originally in .38 super. Converted to 9x23 Winchester.
                        It’s a flat shooter!

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Pofoo
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1689

                          Originally posted by Calif Hunter
                          I have 2 of the Super SMversion with adjustable rear sight. Nice little pistols. Mine have been reliable but I have not really tried them with defense loads, just FMJ. I'd like to find a replacement set of grips for one of them that has very nice (but aggressive) checkered wood grips. The other one has plastic grips with a thumb rest on the left panel.
                          These guys have a few different types.
                          STAR Model S Grip Set, Black plastic, Smooth, in *Good* condition. Sold as a set of two.Sold as a set of two grips (left & right side).Grip screws sold separately.May show some signs of wear, scratches, surface rust, etc...  

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            beanz2
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 12032

                            Originally posted by drunktank
                            Is this meant for a side mount optic?

                            Yes.




                            .
                            sigpic
                            The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              Walter Rego
                              Junior Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 84

                              I shoot and reload for the .22 Remington Centerfire Magnum A.K.A. .22 Jet and the .256 Winchester Magnum. Both based upon the .357 Magnum case. Handguns are the S&W Model 53 and Ruger Hawkeye. PPU makes ammo now for the .22 Jet but the .256 Win Mag is a handloading only proposition and has been for probably 40 years now.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                SkyHawk
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 23531

                                Here are a couple in 38/200



                                Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1