Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Now I understand

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    JTROKS
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 13093

    OP, yes the 1911s are great guns. I'm sure it won't be the last 1911 you'll be getting. Soon you'll be getting another.


    One thing is sure when a 1911 thread is posted some playah keeps butting in his unsolicited 2bits. Can we have a 1911 thread without anyone pandering his Tupperware favorite?
    The wise man said just find your place
    In the eye of the storm
    Seek the roses along the way
    Just beware of the thorns...
    K. Meine

    Comment

    • #77
      solipsism
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 1332

      Originally posted by lightcav
      I like both 1911s and Glocks. Its just fun as hell to bait all the losers that are either or.
      This right here. Same with all the guys who won't buy or shoot anything unless it's made by one specific manufacturer.

      The effort some people go through to remain willfully ignorant and blind to the variety life has to offer is simultaneously sad and humorous.

      Comment

      • #78
        ExtremeX
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 7160

        Originally posted by solipsism
        This right here. Same with all the guys who won't buy or shoot anything unless it's made by one specific manufacturer.

        The effort some people go through to remain willfully ignorant and blind to the variety life has to offer is simultaneously sad and humorous.
        Good post. and I agree... its like asking if you want steak or lobster... Why not both?

        I often have some stainless steel and tupperware in my range bag.
        ExtremeX

        Comment

        • #79
          accel
          Member
          • Jan 2016
          • 177

          Originally posted by ianS
          The TRP will serve you well. Make sure to always get good mags (crucial) and keep up with spring maintenance every 2-3 K rounds or so. The 1911 is a great platform if you don't mind its quirks. Don't dismiss polymer though. There are many good reasons they are today's standard.

          For something that heavy and with old school swagger I've come to prefer .357 Mag revolvers but that's me. Hey, this is also about having fun and enjoying different firearms. You don't have to join a team and become narrow minded about guns.
          What is the spring service about?

          Comment

          • #80
            gunsandrockets
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1537

            questions questions questions

            Originally posted by BigPimping
            My 1911 never functioned properly. A lot of FTF and stovepipes. It spent a bit of time at the gunsmith and still misbehaved. I sold it soon after with full disclosure to the buyer. I spent about 50 rds with a friends Nighthawk. It was ok. But for what he paid for it, I fail to see how it surpasses a Glock 21 in any category. I now see the 1911 as a hobby gun. Like a hot rod. Sometimes it will function. But in the end they need maintenance and a lot of it.
            What make? what model? What caliber? What magazine? What ammo?
            Guns don't kill people, Democrats kill people

            Comment

            • #81
              Carcassonne
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 4897

              So you compare a $1300+ gun to a $600 gun. Why not a $1300 1911 compared to a $1300 CZ?

              For those who think 1911 pistols have the best trigger, you should try a CZ Target gun. I cannot tell the different.


              P.S. Show me your target.



              .
              Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

              In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

              I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

              Comment

              • #82
                tbc
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2011
                • 5955

                1911 and CZ are like steak and lobster.

                Glock is like uh um........................

                Could some one fill in the blank

                Comment

                • #83
                  jon94520
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2016
                  • 762

                  Originally posted by tbc
                  1911 and CZ are like steak and lobster.

                  Glock is like uh um........................

                  Could some one fill in the blank
                  A Big Mac???
                  BUY AMERICAN

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    tbc
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 5955

                    Now I understand

                    Originally posted by jon94520
                    A Big Mac???


                    You are a genius
                    Last edited by tbc; 05-11-2017, 8:56 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      MrOrange
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 2262

                      Originally posted by Noraku81
                      One of us! One of us! One of us!

                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk


                      yeah, +1!



                      Originally posted by accel
                      What is the spring service about?
                      Treat yer (semi)auto springs like oil changes on the auto(mobile). Personally, I replace the oil & filters every 5,000 miles, and the springs & any buffer type apparati every 5,000 rounds.
                      I meant, it is my opinion that...






                      I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
                      I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
                      You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        tsnoforn
                        Member
                        • Jan 2017
                        • 216

                        Originally posted by jon94520
                        A Big Mac???


                        It is (although to me the CZ is just a step up to in and out burger.)

                        I love my Glock, it is a non nonsense tool. And it works and it is chimp simple.

                        I love my 1911. I bought a big ole box of 1911 ammo last night and sat a cartridge next to my favorite carry cartridge, .380... and a 9mm.


                        It us no coincidence I carried my .38 today. The .45 makes other auto cartridges look puny, and they work best out of a 1911.

                        I'll get over it and slip my .380 back in my pocket next week...




                        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Che762x39
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 4538

                          Originally posted by smupser
                          ... First off, let me say maybe it's because it's my first 1911, but I just love the way a 1911 feels in your hand. It's not like any other handgun. Secondly, and maybe it's because I didn't buy an entry level 1911(I could be wrong) but the TRP shoots amazing and extremely accurately. I was hitting bullseyes at 25 yards no problem when I was struggling with my XD at 15.

                          Anyways, just wanted to share my story and say how stoked on my TRP, 1911s are definitely a different breed and am hooked .
                          Jeff Cooper, the guru, is right.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Che762x39
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 4538

                            Originally posted by tbc
                            1911 and CZ are like steak and lobster.

                            Glock is like uh um........................

                            Could some one fill in the blank
                            Don't forget the Browning High Power. It is like the perfect lamb chop, an acquired taste. Not for everybody but those who savory it, love it.

                            The Glock is the dependable Big Mac.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              tbc
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 5955

                              I cannot say that I am getting tired of the Big Mac and Double Double. They are on my nightstand.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Tere_Hanges
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 6270

                                Originally posted by tbc
                                I cannot say that I am getting tired of the Big Mac and Double Double. They are on my nightstand.

                                Two of the best guns on the roster considering the value for the price.
                                CRPA and NRA member.

                                Note that those who have repeatedly expressed enough vile and incoherent content as to render your views irrelevant, have been placed on my ignore list. Thank you for helping me improve my experience and direct my attention towards those who are worthy of it. God bless your toxic little souls.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1