Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Frog Lube poor performance

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    xounlistedxox
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 2629

    I'm a sucker for the new magic oils. I just figure I spend plenty on my firearms, so might as well use the best oils for them.

    Both frog lube and fireclean have been the biggest disappointments in recent history. Both easily gum up your weapon after sitting, or if applying only a little too much, even if applied per instructions. The best oils I have used so far are CLP, TW25B, Slip 2000 EWL, and FP-10, no gimmicks or odd application instructions with these, they just work, and are decently priced.
    NO, I'm not interested in your body armor, do not reach out.

    Comment

    • #17
      mu9en
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2006
      • 804

      I am a fan of frog lube. But the I'm not as experience as many of you guys out there. I do agree that it does gums up your internals. If you apply too thick, your firearm may have issues firing the first few rounds when it is cold. But when hot it works fine. This can be a problem if your firearm is a defensive weapon. I like the smell.

      Comment

      • #18
        golfish
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Mar 2013
        • 10124

        OP, I have no comment of the lube other then to say it has worked ok for my AR's. I've kind of gotten away from it and started using Slip 2000

        Now, I do have a comment on your SA revolvers. Very nice, Sir. Very Very Nice.

        I appreciate all the pictures you have posted up.
        It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
        Happiness is a warm gun.

        MLC, First 3

        Comment

        • #19
          ERdept
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Apr 2009
          • 4698

          Any guys that need lube…..lol

          Comment

          • #20
            Bobshouse
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 516

            What do you expect from minty smelling French fry grease?

            Comment

            • #21
              tbc
              Calguns Addict
              • Jun 2011
              • 5955

              I love the smell of Froglube so much so when I ran out of Froglube, I temporarily use Bengay.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #22
                Echidin
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 3072

                Stopped using froglube when it started becoming grainy on some of my guns. I still keep a tub of it around because of the smell.

                Comment

                • #23
                  madoka
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2039

                  Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                  What's the upside to it?
                  You can eat it!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    gsparesa
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 918

                    Oh well, guess I'll use the rest of the stuff to lube my frog. Now that's an upside. Renip!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Flintlock Tom
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 3353

                      But, but, but...Navy Seals!
                      "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
                      I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        sdjetpilot
                        Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 409

                        Funny thread. I use frog lube. No failures yet. Its more cumbersome to use but i clean my guns on my bathroom sink so its non toxicity was a selling point
                        The fear of weapons is a sign of mental illness.
                        -- Sigmund Freud

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          gsparesa
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 918

                          Originally posted by sdjetpilot
                          Funny thread. I use frog lube. No failures yet. Its more cumbersome to use but i clean my guns on my bathroom sink so its non toxicity was a selling point
                          Well that says it all. I tried cleaning my Guns in the bathroom but it made the wall and floor sticky.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            xXRifleManXx
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 1194

                            Well I've never really had a dog in the froglube fight.... I pulled out a little used pistol I didn't clean last time I shot it in July. Oh its nasty! It didn't want to shoot. Uses some clp to spray it down and ran fine. My 1911 also not cleaned but lubed with oil ran just fine... Guess I'll stick with stuff that works
                            WTB m&p 9 5?

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JTROKS
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 13093

                              Still no FL fan boy chiming in.

                              The wise man said just find your place
                              In the eye of the storm
                              Seek the roses along the way
                              Just beware of the thorns...
                              K. Meine

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                sdjetpilot
                                Member
                                • Jan 2011
                                • 409

                                Originally posted by HopetonBrown
                                Plenty of non toxic lubes out there.

                                And your lube may be non-toxic, but all the lead particles you're cleaning out of your gun aren't.

                                Let me rephrase.. I dont get complaints from the wife when i use this stuff compared to other clp.

                                Honestly couldn't care less about this stuff i don't endorse it or would say its the best. But first time I heard about it gumming up guns though. Ive left some untouched in the safe with froglube for over a year and shot em with no problems. Again not trying to defend the product. Its expensive, cumbersome to use, and not the best ive used. Just saying I haven't had any problems with the gumming. Send your unwanted froglube my way. I'll take em. One man's trash is another's treasure


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                The fear of weapons is a sign of mental illness.
                                -- Sigmund Freud

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1