Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which New .45 Should I Get?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    MajorSideburns
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 1745

    The two guns you are choosing between are completely different platforms (striker vs hammer, decocker vs grip safety), so I am assuming you are basing your choice on grip size alone. So it's kind of hard to help with that since it is user subjective. Take a look at 1911s like another user suggested, they have a very slim profile.

    As far as the muzzle flipping...Sigs tend to take more effort to control muzzle rise because of their higher bore level in proportion to the frame. I don't think they are difficult by any means, but the flip is noticeably greater than other platforms. Have you tried a S&W M&P 45 or the Ruger P45?

    Of the two you listed, I would get the Sig because it's better

    Comment

    • #17
      Barang
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2013
      • 13396

      bacon wrap around P220.

      Comment

      • #18
        tanks
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 4038

        Originally posted by jeremyro
        Check the ...HK 45
        I agree
        "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
        "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

        Comment

        • #19
          nothingextra
          Senior Member
          • May 2012
          • 838

          Rent or borrow both and buy what shoots best.
          I've never understood why people think 220's are unruly, it's a *****cat.
          I shoot a 229 in 40 and 357sig and its considered the softest recoiling pistol in those calibers.

          Comment

          • #20
            osis32
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2009
            • 5912

            I like the xd tactical better than the Sig but everyone is different. The xd.is certainly less expensive.
            Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

            Comment

            • #21
              4fifth
              Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 131

              Sig p220

              Comment

              • #22
                CAglock20c
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 1038

                Why is there even a poll on this? I mean really, if you are comparing those two the P220 is a no brainer. Not trying to be an ***, but it's plastic vs metal- metal wins everytime.
                "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns."- Bobby Lee Swagger, Shooter

                FOR SALE 01 Chevy Silverado Z71:
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1185601

                Comment

                • #23
                  AR2D2
                  Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 104

                  XD 45 tac easy to shoot, not picky w/ammo

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    PoorMan
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 793

                    Originally posted by CAglock20c
                    Why is there even a poll on this? I mean really, if you are comparing those two the P220 is a no brainer. Not trying to be an ***, but it's plastic vs metal- metal wins everytime.
                    Ironic coming from a guy with "Glock" in his webhandle.

                    The poll supports your statement, no doubt. XD is taking a beating. Even Bacon is beating the XD.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      sammy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3847

                      Sig 220 and a pound of bacon to cover the bases

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        iluvmycolt
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2013
                        • 3247

                        Sig.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          DysfunctionalVet
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2014
                          • 694

                          Get whatever you like best.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            TripleThreat
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2012
                            • 2642

                            I have both and prefer the XD. The Sig has the "cool" factor, but the XD just runs, and it has higher capacity and is much cheaper to buy.

                            Triple
                            1911 "The MILF of handguns"

                            LINK: 9mm Shootout: BHP vs 92A1 vs SP-01 vs P-01

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              el_clingon
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2015
                              • 1738

                              I have and love my P220 carry model, but I love bacon too...dilemmas!!!!
                              Formally known as el Chingon...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                osis32
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2009
                                • 5912

                                I'm gonna guess that most of the people that hate on the xd tactical have never shot one or any xd for that matter. I don't dislike any gun I've shoot except for the glock and I've shoot them several times just don't like em. The most correct answer is both but don't discount the xd because people here hate on it. You should also consider the 97b too if they wanna make the metal/metal argument.
                                Just a libertarian guy in a Leftist Authoritarian state.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1