Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CA CCW Map

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Paladin
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2005
    • 12411

    Originally posted by BAJ475
    It would be nice if it were true that 13+ percent of the residents of Butte County had permits to carry. It would be nice to be able to post at the entrances to Butte County that it is the most armed County in the State. But, unfortunately that is simply not the case. While we have a pro gun sheriff and there are approximately 3000 permits, your population numbers appear to be off by a factor or 10.
    If you are talking about the graphic in my post #53, it is NOT percent (per 100), but per 1,000, and the population is # of adults, not total population.
    Last edited by Paladin; 10-21-2016, 10:25 PM.
    240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

    Comment

    • #62
      baggss
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      • Mar 2013
      • 3439

      Originally posted by Paladin
      If you are talking about the graphic in my post #53, it is NOT percent (per 100), but per 1,000, and the population is # of adults, not total population.
      He was not. The number in my table in post #1 (for his county) was missing a number. 225,000 vice 25,000.....

      NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

      Comment

      • #63
        HRDLEDR
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2014
        • 93

        I talked to the Solano county sheriff tonight. He said they currently have 1900 permits issued. Quite the increase!

        Comment

        • #64
          robert101
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 1997

          Thanks for the hard work baggss. I was discussing the results with my family. Surprisingly is was good for a family discussion.

          Comment

          • #65
            Cokebottle
            Señor Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2009
            • 32373

            Originally posted by robert101
            Thanks for the hard work baggss. I was discussing the results with my family. Surprisingly is was good for a family discussion.
            Yup yup yup.

            Not easy to keep up with this.
            - Rich

            Originally posted by dantodd
            A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

            Comment

            • #66
              baggss
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              • Mar 2013
              • 3439

              Originally posted by robert101
              Thanks for the hard work baggss. I was discussing the results with my family. Surprisingly is was good for a family discussion.
              Originally posted by Cokebottle
              Yup yup yup.

              Not easy to keep up with this.
              Thanks for the kind words.

              I have to give credit to the original producer of the map (I used his last update as the basis for my first version) which was kept on the now defunct CalCCW forums. He apparently retired and moved up to the mountains and the map languished for over a year with no updates. I decided to pick it up after creating the table, and CGN member Paladin contacted me and has been assisting me. He assisted the original producer (who's name I do not know) with it when was at CalCCW. He's been a huge help and we continue to work on improving and updating the map as a team of sorts (he's been at it far longer than I and has lots of background information on how things have changes over the years).

              The table was just my own idea since I, like many here, had the same questions about CCW statewide and in various counties. I just decided to start putting together stats from existing sources to get a better picture of what the actual numbers in the state looked like.

              Now if only I could get it made into a sticky....
              Last edited by baggss; 11-07-2016, 8:39 PM.

              NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

              Comment

              • #67
                packnrat
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 3939

                i am surprised as there are a couple counties that one would think would be a will issue county.

                maybe they are just

                not ask,

                not look,

                not tell.

                counties?
                big gun's...i love big gun's

                Comment

                • #68
                  baggss
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2013
                  • 3439

                  It's always possible. We look at most counties published policies and then comments from folks here on CalGuns to fill in the gaps. If you come across anything in other forums or other sites that implies that the color of any county would be different from what we have it as, please let us know. The map is done in my spare time and we can't look everywhere.
                  Last edited by baggss; 12-13-2016, 6:00 PM.

                  NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Capybara
                    CGSSA Coordinator
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 15627

                    Originally posted by baggss
                    The last best number for Ventura County is 1554 permits as of 31 Dec 2015. Thats out of a County population of 830,536 people. I'll let you do the math....
                    I saw a figure somewhere that VC is now up to almost 2,600 CCWs in 2016?
                    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor, Shotgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      baggss
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 3439

                      Originally posted by Capybara
                      I saw a figure somewhere that VC is now up to almost 2,600 CCWs in 2016?
                      If you can find the source I'd like to see it. Sheriff Dean has been slowly but steadily issuing as long as you meet the morals requirements and pass the the background check.

                      NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        v.kevin
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2014
                        • 715

                        I was at a school board meeting while they were discussing SB707 and whether they would/should allow CCW holders to carry on school campus with the Superintendent's permission.

                        Tulare County Sheriff was in attendance and mentioned that there were 13,000 CCW permit holders in Tulare County. I understand the graph shows 2015 stats and this meeting was in September of 2016, but I wouldn't guess that there is that much of a rise in issued permits in the last 9 months. Maybe there is, maybe I misheard him.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          baggss
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 3439

                          Originally posted by v.kevin
                          I was at a school board meeting while they were discussing SB707 and whether they would/should allow CCW holders to carry on school campus with the Superintendent's permission.

                          Tulare County Sheriff was in attendance and mentioned that there were 13,000 CCW permit holders in Tulare County. I understand the graph shows 2015 stats and this meeting was in September of 2016, but I wouldn't guess that there is that much of a rise in issued permits in the last 9 months. Maybe there is, maybe I misheard him.
                          I suppose it's possible. The last good data we have is from 2014 so it's 2 years old. Thats a lot of permits though. If you hear anything else let us know.

                          NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Paladin
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 12411

                            Originally posted by packnrat
                            i am surprised as there are a couple counties that one would think would be a will issue county.
                            Please state which counties you would think would readily issue but are not and I will tell you what I know about them.
                            240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Paladin
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2005
                              • 12411

                              Originally posted by Capybara
                              I saw a figure somewhere that VC is now up to almost 2,600 CCWs in 2016?
                              Originally posted by v.kevin
                              Tulare County Sheriff was in attendance and mentioned that there were 13,000 CCW permit holders in Tulare County. I understand the graph shows 2015 stats and this meeting was in September of 2016, but I wouldn't guess that there is that much of a rise in issued permits in the last 9 months. Maybe there is, maybe I misheard him.
                              Remember, the Muslim terrorists' attack in San Bernardino was a year ago. After that (and after the San Berdo sheriff came out and called for more people to apply for CCWs), there was a HUGE backlog of apps. I'm guessing most of those apps have gotten approved in the past 3 months with more to get approval over the next 3 months.

                              Whenever there's a major terrorist attack where a CCW could help, we CGNers should ourselves and encourage our family & friends to call anti sheriffs and say we want them to issue CCWs more liberally. 42 states do it and have no problems. 45 out of 58 CA counties readily issue and also have no problems. The courts allow, do not mandate accepting SD for GC, so they're not a barrier either.
                              240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Rastoff
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2009
                                • 750

                                Really good map and table you've made here.

                                However, I need to add some info. In Kern self-defense alone is not an acceptable good cause. You must give more or you will be denied. So, Kern should be light green not dark. It's still easy to get a CCW and they want to issue them. It just takes a tad more thought than self-defense. I am a CCW instructor in Kern and this info was straight from the deputy in charge of the CCW program for Kern. Some IAs might issue for self-defense only, but those would be the police chiefs in some individual cities. Even at that, I don't know any.

                                The number of active licenses in Kern in 2016 was 8,014. This was taken off the sheriff's website: http://www.kernsheriff.com/AdminServ...s/default.aspx
                                Remember, you can post here because they died over there.

                                www.BlackRiverTraining.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1