Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger SR22 Off Roster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    pigpen66m
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    • Jan 2013
    • 1032

    Originally posted by sean5063
    The managers at west Covina will honor the last sales price which was $329. Anytime I purchase there, they will give me the last sales price. Call to check first. YMMV but it is definitely not uncommon
    The $349 is for the S&W M&P22

    Comment

    • #77
      smith and wesson
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2013
      • 1877

      Originally posted by dalew1982
      What about single shotting? I know the barrel is bonded problem #1, any suggestions or am i sending these bad boys back to my distributor?
      Your probably going to have to send them back.


      I just got a call from turners that said they were sending all of their stock back.

      Comment

      • #78
        rdawg
        Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 214

        Originally posted by pigpen66m
        It doesn't make sense for them to turn their back on their Ca. Customers how much are they going to loose when they start getting shipments of guns they can't sell in Ca. I have several Rugers but can't support a company that won't support me.

        I disagree with this.

        I can see why a company like Ruger is probably fed up with Calif silly roster rules and its not as simple as a re-test. I'm sure calif is going to stick it to Ruger with all kinds of fees and make them jump through so many hoops that Ruger never has to do with any other state.

        Ruger is not missing out on hardly any money if they don't rush to get it back on the roster or even if they never get it back on roster.

        I don't blame Ruger for taking there time or not being interested in even getting back on the roster. Blame calif.

        If I was a gun manufacturer Id probably not bother with Calif either and just beef up marketing in all the other states with no silly rosters and Would make the same money if not more.

        Comment

        • #79
          pigpen66m
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Jan 2013
          • 1032

          Originally posted by rdawg
          I disagree with this.

          I can see why a company like Ruger is probably fed up with Calif silly roster rules and its not as simple as a re-test. I'm sure calif is going to stick it to Ruger with all kinds of fees and make them jump through so many hoops that Ruger never has to do with any other state.

          Ruger is not missing out on hardly any money if they don't rush to get it back on the roster or even if they never get it back on roster.

          I don't blame Ruger for taking there time or not being interested in even getting back on the roster. Blame calif.

          If I was a gun manufacturer Id probably not bother with Calif either and just beef up marketing in all the other states with no silly rosters and Would make the same money if not more.
          If they thought that way they would also be pulling out of New York Illinois and several other states. About 35% of my collection is Ruger and several of my friends own Ruger. California isn't a small market and they're not sticking it to the state it's their customer base that's getting screwed.

          Comment

          • #80
            pigpen66m
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Jan 2013
            • 1032

            I got the call from my lgs he said that Ruger wasn't going to submit the sr22 until next year. So I drosed a S&W M&P22 for $349+ tax since they gave me credit for my DROS fees.

            Comment

            • #81
              Thomas83
              Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 285

              Wow, this sucks. I've got one, the wife loves it...We wanted another one, but it might be a M&P or a Sig 22.
              My AR Build Info:

              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1224

              Comment

              • #82
                tenpercentfirearms
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Apr 2005
                • 13007

                Originally posted by smith and wesson
                Micro stamping might be true, but there's a bunch of guns that have recently been added to the list, sincere question.. are all of these guns micro stamped?


                Revolvers and slight variations of already existing semi-autos from the roster.
                www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                Comment

                • #83
                  javaduke
                  Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 265

                  If my understanding is correct, early SR22 had issues with the slide stop shaving tiny slices of metal from the aluminum slide. Ruger corrected this problem by adding a small steel pin at the slide stop notch. (Both of my SRs have this pin installed, serial# 361- and 362-). Could it be the reason why DOJ crapped their pants and de-certified it?

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    kemasa
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2005
                    • 10706

                    Any changes drop it from the list. I checked on a firearm that had engraving and was told that it would not be considered on the list even though that was the only change to the firearm.
                    Kemasa.
                    False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                    Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                    Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      smith and wesson
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 1877

                      Originally posted by javaduke
                      If my understanding is correct, early SR22 had issues with the slide stop shaving tiny slices of metal from the aluminum slide. Ruger corrected this problem by adding a small steel pin at the slide stop notch. (Both of my SRs have this pin installed, serial# 361- and 362-). Could it be the reason why DOJ crapped their pants and de-certified it?
                      This might be the exact reason.

                      The guys at turners said it's no coming back to cali till next year, oh well.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        cdavidson
                        Junior Member
                        • Aug 2013
                        • 10

                        New to Calguns, and actually ended up here looking for info about the SR22.

                        Just purchased one from Turners in Oxnard, and on day 9 of our DROS wait time, we get the call that its no longer available.

                        I purchased the SR22 for my wife for her first gun, and so you can imagine how upset she is.

                        Based on what ive read here, looks like i will be headed out to Turners for a refund. Unfortunately the M&P22 is little too big for her, and the closest thing to the SR22 is the Walther P22. Which she has NOW fallen in love with. Unfortunately Turners doesnt have any in stock or at the warehouse (except Army Green in another store).

                        Appreciate the update and info from you all!

                        ~Chris

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          mej16489
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 2714

                          Originally posted by cdavidson
                          New to Calguns, and actually ended up here looking for info about the SR22.

                          Just purchased one from Turners in Oxnard, and on day 9 of our DROS wait time, we get the call that its no longer available.

                          I purchased the SR22 for my wife for her first gun, and so you can imagine how upset she is.

                          Based on what ive read here, looks like i will be headed out to Turners for a refund. Unfortunately the M&P22 is little too big for her, and the closest thing to the SR22 is the Walther P22. Which she has NOW fallen in love with. Unfortunately Turners doesnt have any in stock or at the warehouse (except Army Green in another store).

                          Appreciate the update and info from you all!

                          ~Chris
                          I thought that as long as the pistol was on the roster when you started the DROS process the buyer could still receive the pistol.

                          If that's the case, I hope they didn't cancel your DROS already...

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            kemasa
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 10706

                            Originally posted by mej16489
                            I thought that as long as the pistol was on the roster when you started the DROS process the buyer could still receive the pistol.

                            If that's the case, I hope they didn't cancel your DROS already...
                            Yes, unless it dropped off the list due to changes in the firearm, which is what the DOJ is saying on the DROS system web page, in which case the DROS is cancelled.
                            Kemasa.
                            False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

                            Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

                            Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              mej16489
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 2714

                              Originally posted by kemasa
                              Yes, unless it dropped off the list due to changes in the firearm, which is what the DOJ is saying on the DROS system web page, in which case the DROS is cancelled.
                              Ahhh, gotcha - that's what I get for coming late to the party. Stupid Roster...

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                IIamendment
                                Junior Member
                                • Aug 2013
                                • 4

                                New to Calguns and have my SR22 in Turners limbo too. Another local FFL has delivered the SR22 to folks who submitted prior to 7/26. Not Turners though. They cited "store policy". Offered refund or credit applied to another pistol but their written policy says "all sales final, no refunds or exchanges". I guess it's written that way to burn the buyer for non-performance and not the other way around. Waiting for insight before pursuing.......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1