Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger SR22 Off Roster?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    09rubicon
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 2133

    Originally posted by pigpen66m
    $150.00 to sse a $300.00 gun doesn't make sense.
    Who is charging you $150 to SSE?

    My local LGS doesnt charge any extra for SSE. Thats a rip-off!

    Comment

    • #47
      pigpen66m
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Jan 2013
      • 1032

      Originally posted by 09rubicon
      Who is charging you $150 to SSE?

      My local LGS doesnt charge any extra for SSE. Thats a rip-off!
      Direct Action Solutions start at $100.00 and go up from there. Besides most of the people who have their SR22 on hold used Turners which doesn't do sse.

      Comment

      • #48
        Josh3239
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 9200

        Originally posted by kemasa
        I don't see how Turner's can really hold onto your money. They can't deliver the firearm. While they might not want to refund the money, they can't hold up their end of the contract.
        Its written in the Terms And Conditions on every invoice their customers sign, in the event of any cancellation they keep the deposit. That deposit is a cancellation fee, a commitment to spend money at their store. Turner's does NOT commit to selling you a gun, such as in the case of someone being prohibited. The deposit can be used on literally anything else in the store.

        I can never understand someone signing something without knowing what they are signing or getting upset when what they signed is implemented. If you don't like their rules don't play their game.

        Comment

        • #49
          kemasa
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2005
          • 10706

          Originally posted by Josh3239
          Its written in the Terms And Conditions on every invoice their customers sign, in the event of any cancellation they keep the deposit. That deposit is a cancellation fee, a commitment to spend money at their store. Turner's does NOT commit to selling you a gun, such as in the case of someone being prohibited. The deposit can be used on literally anything else in the store.
          I doubt that would hold up. The customer is not cancelling the contract, Turner's is (forced, perhaps, by the DOJ). There is no fault on the part of the customer, unlike when the customer was denied.

          I can never understand someone signing something without knowing what they are signing or getting upset when what they signed is implemented. If you don't like their rules don't play their game.
          True, but just because they write it does not mean that it can be enforced.
          Kemasa.
          False signature edited by Paul: Banned from the FFL forum due to being rude and insulting. Doing this continues his abuse.

          Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

          Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein

          Comment

          • #50
            tungsten2k
            Junior Member
            • May 2013
            • 6

            California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 4070, subdivision (c)(2).


            (c) A handgun model may be removed from the Roster for any of the following reasons:
            (1) If the annual maintenance fee is not paid as set forth in Penal Code section 32015, subdivision (b).

            (2) If it is determined that the handgun models submitted for testing were modified in any way from those that were sold after certification was granted.

            (3) If it is determined that the handgun is in fact unsafe based upon further testing.

            Comment

            • #51
              09rubicon
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 2133

              Originally posted by tungsten2k
              California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 4070, subdivision (c)(2).


              (c) A handgun model may be removed from the Roster for any of the following reasons:
              (1) If the annual maintenance fee is not paid as set forth in Penal Code section 32015, subdivision (b).

              (2) If it is determined that the handgun models submitted for testing were modified in any way from those that were sold after certification was granted.

              (3) If it is determined that the handgun is in fact unsafe based upon further testing.
              Not trying to be argumentative, more curious. Do we know for a FACT something has changed. CA DOJ has misprinted roster expiration dates before. Has anyone had contact with Ruger?

              Comment

              • #52
                pigpen66m
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Jan 2013
                • 1032

                I tried calling today. Their Arizona office was closed due to bad weather. I think they didn't want to hear all the complaints.

                Comment

                • #53
                  smith and wesson
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • 1877

                  Just got an email back from Ruger.



                  Apparently Ruger changed something on the slide, something that has nothing to do with the functionality of the pistol, California felt the change required a re-test and dropped the sr22 from the list.

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    pigpen66m
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 1032

                    So that means we're going to have to pay for another DROS when it becomes available, or if we choose to buy something else with the money used as a deposited for the SR22.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      smith and wesson
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2013
                      • 1877

                      Originally posted by pigpen66m
                      So that means we're going to have to pay for another DROS when it becomes available, or if we choose to buy something else with the money used as a deposited for the SR22.
                      Yeah probably, buy something else unless we want to wait until it gets retested (who knows how long that takes)

                      The guy at turners said that they'd handle the dros fee this time but I think that was bull, just one of those things sales clerks say.



                      I think I might wait it out, from all the research I've done the sr22 is worth the wait.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        pigpen66m
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 1032

                        I sent Ruger an email on Friday but haven't received a response. I tried calling but they were closed today. The only reason I considered the SR22 is because my niece and nephew shot it and loved it. I figure I can take them out and shoot all day for very little money. I'm not sure i want to wait and redros a .22.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          smith and wesson
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • 1877

                          Originally posted by pigpen66m
                          I sent Ruger an email on Friday but haven't received a response. I tried calling but they were closed today. The only reason I considered the SR22 is because my niece and nephew shot it and loved it. I figure I can take them out and shoot all day for very little money. I'm not sure i want to wait and redros a .22.
                          What I was going to do is buy a different 22 and shoot that, just wait for the sr22 to get back on the roster. I decided to just wait, save he money and shoot my other guns instead.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            deviljon
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 2513

                            Now I'm considering keeping the one I have listed in the marketplace... Hmmm

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              smith and wesson
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2013
                              • 1877

                              Originally posted by deviljon
                              Now I'm considering keeping the one I have listed in the marketplace... Hmmm
                              Would you even be able to ppt it? (sorry I'm not familiar with the laws) How much you want for it?

                              Nevermind, just searched and you can ppt it.
                              Last edited by smith and wesson; 07-29-2013, 3:04 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Bill1957
                                Senior Member
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Jan 2013
                                • 997

                                Sure hope this doesn't trickle down to the SR40C. Just jailed one last Thursday.
                                CGN/CGSAA Contributor
                                NRA Life Member

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1