Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mormon Missionaries

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Victor Cachat
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 1546

    I had a coworker that would invite them in and talk to them about his belief that Satan was the one to worship and he wanted to be on the winning team when Armageddon came.

    When they finally decided to leave, he would add that he thought it was his duty to tie them up long enough with talk that a few neighbor's would not get a visit.

    My personal method involves a "No Soliciting" sign at the gate and an explanation of how proselytizing equals soliciting for any that come to the door.
    Democrats>Socialists>Communists - Same goals, different speeds.

    The most effective and pervasive enemy of American freedoms today is the Legacy Media. Defeat them first.

    Comment

    • #62
      Sleighter
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 3624

      Originally posted by Victor Cachat
      I had a coworker that would invite them in and talk to them about his belief that Satan was the one to worship and he wanted to be on the winning team when Armageddon came.

      When they finally decided to leave, he would add that he thought it was his duty to tie them up long enough with talk that a few neighbor's would not get a visit.

      My personal method involves a "No Soliciting" sign at the gate and an explanation of how proselytizing equals soliciting for any that come to the door.

      Well the Supreme Court disagrees with you that religious proselyting is soliciting. They have ruled that door-door religious contacting is protected under the 1A. Soooo there's that.
      If you are wondering if you can get a LTC in Riverside County: THE ANSWER IS YES!

      Join the discussion at:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352777

      Comment

      • #63
        BigJ
        Veteran Member
        • May 2010
        • 3172

        Originally posted by Sleighter
        Well the Supreme Court disagrees with you that religious proselyting is soliciting. They have ruled that door-door religious contacting is protected under the 1A. Soooo there's that.
        Doesn't mean you're not trespassing. So there's that.
        "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

        Comment

        • #64
          madsend81
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2012
          • 925

          Approaching someone's front door via a publicly accessible pathway and knocking on it is not trespassing, so there's that.

          It's not until you are asked to leave and you refuse that you can be accused of trespassing.
          Disclaimer: For all you know, I am just some dude on the internet. The advice I give is worth what you have paid for it!

          Comment

          • #65
            BigJ
            Veteran Member
            • May 2010
            • 3172

            Originally posted by madsend81
            Approaching someone's front door via a publicly accessible pathway and knocking on it is not trespassing, so there's that.
            Within the context of this thread, you are woefully incorrect. The request to leave and stay away does not expire.
            "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

            Comment

            • #66
              madsend81
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 925

              Within the context of your previous post, I am not incorrect.

              Regarding the OP's situation, it is not the same individuals approaching each time. OP's request to be left alone has apparently not reached the subsequently visiting individuals. Per the OP, it is different sets of missionaries each time.

              If the membership records of the OP's wife have been removed from the church records, so also has any annotation that they not be visited. Therefore, no trespassing is occurring as the visiting missionaries have no prior knowledge of the OP's desire to not be visited.
              Disclaimer: For all you know, I am just some dude on the internet. The advice I give is worth what you have paid for it!

              Comment

              • #67
                BigJ
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 3172

                Originally posted by madsend81
                Within the context of your previous post, I am not incorrect.

                Regarding the OP's situation, it is not the same individuals approaching each time. OP's request to be left alone has apparently not reached the subsequently visiting individuals. Per the OP, it is different sets of missionaries each time.

                If the membership records of the OP's wife have been removed from the church records, so also has any annotation that they not be visited. Therefore, no trespassing is occurring as the visiting missionaries have no prior knowledge of the OP's desire to not be visited.
                http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topi...page=1&size=20
                "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

                Comment

                • #68
                  Hoshnasi
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 2515

                  It gets really confusing for them, when I a white guy open the door and right behind me is our Buddhist alter.

                  There is a Chinese Christian church down the road from our house, the parishioners always go talk to neighbors after Sunday service to invite them to the church.

                  The first weekend we moved in they came a knocking. I opened the door, they saw the alter. They asked if I was Bhuddist, I said yes and they replied...

                  "WOW, that is so funny! We're Asian and Christian and You're white and Bhuddist..."

                  "Yep!" I said. They said have a nice day and since then no one has ever came to our door.
                  Come to Flavor Country...

                  Originally posted by Kappy
                  You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Hoshnasi
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 2515

                    It gets really confusing for them, when I a white guy open the door and right behind me is our Buddhist alter.

                    There is a Chinese Christian church down the road from our house, the parishioners always go talk to neighbors after Sunday service to invite them to the church.

                    The first weekend we moved in they came a knocking. I opened the door, they saw the alter. They asked if I was Bhuddist, I said yes and they replied...

                    "WOW, that is so funny! We're Asian and Christian and You're white and Bhuddist..."

                    "Yep!" I said. They said have a nice day and since then no one has ever came to our door.
                    Come to Flavor Country...

                    Originally posted by Kappy
                    You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      madsend81
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 925

                      BigJ, I have two points to raise that invalidate the link you posted:

                      First, your link is to a Jehova's Witness site, not a LDS (Mormon) site. We're talking about LDS (Mormon) Missionaries.

                      Second, the subject of your link is posted No Trespassing signs. This current discussion is about posted No Solicitation signs. OP has not stated that he has posted a No Trespassing sign on his property.
                      Last edited by madsend81; 06-13-2014, 11:30 AM.
                      Disclaimer: For all you know, I am just some dude on the internet. The advice I give is worth what you have paid for it!

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        BigJ
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 3172

                        Originally posted by madsend81
                        First, your link is to a Jehova's Witness site, not a LDS (Mormon) site.

                        Second, the subject of your link is posted No Trespassing signs. This current discussion is about posted No Solicitation signs.


                        The link is entirely applicable. Read it, and the reasons why they give for their new rules.

                        And if you'll kindly reread my comment, I said the solicitation ruling does NOT address a trespass. You followed up by continuing to use the word 'trespass'.

                        If you'd like to continue this silliness, lets take it to PM. It's not helping the OP get rid of these annoyances.
                        "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." - Elmer Davis

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          glock_this
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 8225

                          Some might find this amusing on this very actual topic. NSFW, but funny & topical.

                          Last edited by glock_this; 06-13-2014, 11:33 AM.
                          10 +1 in the chamber

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            ARKLITE881South
                            Member
                            • May 2009
                            • 209

                            When i see them coming, i just say, ''guy's i know who you are, and what you want, I'm not interested, thank you", and i turn and walk away. Same thing if they make it to the door, i say, ''I'm not interested, thank you'', and shut the door. Simple, easy, done deal.

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              DevilDawgJJ
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 1718

                              Originally posted by POLICESTATE
                              I preach to them the gospel as it is written in the bible. That usually does the trick. They go around in pairs so that one can keep the other in line if one starts to get interested in the faith that someone they are preaching to has.Same thing works great with Jehovah's Witness. Don't let them preach to you, you preach to them. They'll leave pretty quick.
                              Guess you never heard of the buddy system? Some neigborhoods/countries they vist are not exactly a place to be alone at. It's not because your missionary work is superior!

                              Originally posted by LCU1670
                              Be polite and say no thanks.

                              But I do not like the idea of missionary work, one religion attempting to have you switch to their religion, as one is superior to the other.

                              It should be your religions deeds, actions, that cause me to gravitate to that faith, not that ours is the best or the only way.
                              Sounds like missionary work to me! You don't do that?

                              OP!

                              Have your tried basketball? If you win, they'll leave you alone!!!

                              Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                              I pity your kids, because they are doomed.
                              Originally posted by FLIGHT762
                              Can I bring my Donkey? He loves Chunky Monkey.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                MaHoTex
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 5002

                                Thanks for all the tips/input.

                                For clarity, these are the same missionaries each day.

                                I spoke to them a couple of days ago and told them we are not interested. Problem solved for a few months anyway.
                                NRA Life Member

                                sigpic

                                Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

                                "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1