Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got accepted as a Border Patrol Agent

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Alaric
    Banned
    • Sep 2008
    • 3216

    The only thing that worries me about Artesia is the big wall you have to climb as part of the obstacle course. I'm not fond of heights.

    +1 on not bringing your car. They say you'll become a taxi service for other cadets, and parking is very limited.

    Comment

    • #32
      The Bacon Eater
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2007
      • 2332

      Congratulations and be safe out there.
      Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

      Comment

      • #33
        HarrisonS004
        Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 114

        Congrats! kinda scary considering I tested 3 months after you. Im not quite sure Im ready for "the call" in three months, especially if I have like two weeks after before I start.

        Comment

        • #34
          windrunner50
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2007
          • 718

          Congrats...........Stay SAFE!

          Comment

          • #35
            LloydXmas250
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1123

            Originally posted by HarrisonS004
            Congrats! kinda scary considering I tested 3 months after you. Im not quite sure Im ready for "the call" in three months, especially if I have like two weeks after before I start.
            Where are you in the process?

            Comment

            • #36
              HarrisonS004
              Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 114

              A few weeks into backgrounds. Have done everything except Oral boards, which is next Tuesday for me.
              On a side note, I just got to assist BP last night on a bodies in the water call. 16-18 "immigrants" were running from one of my dept. beaches and trying to hide in nearby brush and a school. You could see their overturned boat on shore, we took 16 into custody. Real fun stuff, really affirmed my decision that this is what I want to do.
              Last edited by HarrisonS004; 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM.

              Comment

              • #37
                UNKNOWN SOLDIER
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 34

                Congrats!!! Thinking about doing this myself.

                Comment

                • #38
                  vmwerks
                  Norcal Cyclist
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 3502

                  Originally posted by LloydXmas250
                  It's been a long process, not as long as it could have though. I tested in September '10 and got the call that I was selected to become an agent. I am going to be working the Tucson Sector. The real surprised was that I was told I have to report on July 28th. Not much time to put in a two week notice at my current job and get everything in order before leaving.

                  If anyone here has been through the FLETC in Artesia I'd love to hear some advice. What to bring, physically and mentally. What to expect. I've heard it's a good idea to bring a car if possible. Really any advice is welcome.

                  I'm so excited about starting this new chapter in my life and I'm anxious to get it started. Thought I'd share. Thanks.
                  Congratulaitons! Be careful I hear ATF is arming the bad guys...

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Miller Time
                    Junior Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 17

                    Congrats on the offer of employment! Have fun ENFORCE'ing the law! (you'll get it later )

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      badduggy
                      Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 279

                      Congrats!
                      see the movie Harsh Times with Christian Bale. Maybe youll get cherry picked for a "special" assignment.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Laser Sailor
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 614

                        First of all Congrats!

                        Hopefully I'll be getting the same call soon, I tested in Nov '10 and just had the BI investigator come around to talk to me and all of my references.. Can't wait for the phone call!
                        Common sense is so rare these days that it really ought to be classified as a superpower.
                        ATTN FEDERAL AGENTS: I DON'T ACTUALLY OWN ANY GUNS, I'M JUST HERE FOR THE EGO BOOST.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          TCB Firearms
                          Junior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 41

                          Congrats...welcome to AZ. Watch your 6 in the field Tucson sector is no joke.....bad mamba jambas about everywhere.
                          www.tcbfirearms.com
                          Facbook Page

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            MrMarco
                            Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 301

                            Congrats, stay safe out there.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Garand1911
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 1443

                              Originally posted by veeklog
                              I don't know about that; I went to the BP Academy in Glynco back in the late 90's it was "rough." I don't know if what as bad as having "Diablo" as a PT instructor in Charleston, but we did have "El Diablo Blanco" at Glynco which was as bad. I remember being in the mat rooms and after an hour the FLETC staff would have to have a few people clean up the mat rooms because the amount of sweat was disgusting! However, second time through CITP/CBES in 2002 was pretty easy, though, so I give you points there (lol)

                              your not working out if there isnt sweat on the floor.
                              its worse using stinky un-clean headgear
                              "I saved your life, AND brought you pizza" -- Me

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                ArtSki
                                Junior Member
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 87

                                Originally posted by HarrisonS004
                                A few weeks into backgrounds. Have done everything except Oral boards, which is next Tuesday for me.
                                On a side note, I just got to assist BP last night on a bodies in the water call. 16-18 "immigrants" were running from one of my dept. beaches and trying to hide in nearby brush and a school. You could see their overturned boat on shore, we took 16 into custody. Real fun stuff, really affirmed my decision that this is what I want to do.
                                thanks for the assist. You and your partner helped me out on top of the bluffs. Good job!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1