Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got accepted as a Border Patrol Agent

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LloydXmas250
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1123

    Just got accepted as a Border Patrol Agent

    It's been a long process, not as long as it could have though. I tested in September '10 and got the call that I was selected to become an agent. I am going to be working the Tucson Sector. The real surprised was that I was told I have to report on July 28th. Not much time to put in a two week notice at my current job and get everything in order before leaving.

    If anyone here has been through the FLETC in Artesia I'd love to hear some advice. What to bring, physically and mentally. What to expect. I've heard it's a good idea to bring a car if possible. Really any advice is welcome.

    I'm so excited about starting this new chapter in my life and I'm anxious to get it started. Thought I'd share. Thanks.
  • #2
    philobeddoe
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 2022

    Congratulations.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    NRA MEMBERSHIP


    GOA MEMBERSHIP

    Comment

    • #3
      veeklog
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2006
      • 1040

      What station are they sending you to? BTW: Congrats

      Comment

      • #4
        LloydXmas250
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 1123

        Douglas. EOD July 28. Start the academy August 4. Finish October 26, then 8 weeks of Spanish classes.

        Comment

        • #5
          hitman13
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 3793

          Congrats. Arizona is a great place to live and work!

          Comment

          • #6
            foxracer151
            Junior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 80

            I went to fletc glynco cant imagine it would be to different id drive your pov. Get a GOOD pair of running shoes and maybe take a smaller tv, most things that u will find u want will be available for a cheap purchase from people who are graduating and leaving for there duty station. I would take whatever it is your hobby or liking is as there is a fair amount of down time when not in class or studying ie. weekends after hours. have fun but watch your alcohol intake if/when u go to the bar and remember you are in an academy (saw some good people fired for getting stuck on stupid at local bars or the bar on base)

            oh and by the way congrats i hope you enjoy it

            Comment

            • #7
              Jonathan Doe

              Congratulations. Be safe.

              Comment

              • #8
                jeep7081
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 1534

                Congrats!
                -If you insult me for my grammar errors, what makes you think I understand the insult?
                -Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Are we done
                -Voting is like falling off your bike. Sidewalk or street. Both are painful to fall on. But, the sidewalk (Mitt) is closer to the green grass.

                Comment

                • #9
                  CALREB
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 79

                  Inkow this is wayyyyy down the road for you,at least a couple years,but if you like to shoot the BP has a great competitive shooting program,PPC ,action pistol, Bianchi Cup, if you work hard enough to make the National Team,top 12 I think, in a discipline,they cover all ammo, travel to select meets ,and some guns,about the best program out there except AMU. First though get through probation, good luck...Congrats jobs are hard to get these days.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kermitz
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 651

                    Congats.
                    John Moses Browning 1855 - 1926
                    Eugene Morrison Stoner 1922 - 1997

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tyrist
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 4564

                      Congratulations on the new job.

                      From what I understand it's a pretty demanding academy and as we all know a very demanding job. Good Luck to you.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        LloydXmas250
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 1123

                        Thanks for all the congrats. I like shooting competitively so that's something I can look at down the road. In the meantime I'll concentrate on getting through the academy. Can't wait to get started. I'll try and post while there and keep everyone updated.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Axewound
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 1260

                          PM inbound
                          Peace through superior firepower.

                          liberals want my guns and conservatives want my porn, im not willing to part with either

                          A man is a man his whole life, a woman is a woman until she becomes your wife.
                          -Al Bundy

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Big D
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 1070

                            Have fun in Artesia. It should be nice and cool there this time of year. I liked the wellhead, the little italian place in town isn't too bad either. Other than those two places there's nothing to do in town. Carlsbad has a few decent bars and better restaurants, but the locals there always seemed to want to fight. Roswell is a little better than Carlsbad, The alley is an interesting bar. Also the UFO museum is there, that should kill about 20 minutes on a saturday afternoon. Don't be like some people I knew who got DUIs INSIDE of FLETC. The FLETC 5-0 got nothing better to do than nail you to the wall for doing something stupid. I'm not sure if the G bar is still open or not, but if it is that is a safe place to drink a few beers on the weekend.
                            Bringing your car is a good idea, if you have the time, but remember you have to report to your duty sector, and then they fly you to FLETC, and they probably won't let you leave your car at sector. So if you want your car you have to fly back to where you left it on your dime and on your own time. What one of my buddies did was to drive his vehicle to El Paso the week before the academy and leave it at the airport. There are usually a lot of people from El Paso who go home on the weekends who you can hitch a ride from. Oh if you do go to El Paso stay out of Juarez.
                            If you have any questions about the job PM me

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Triad
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1684

                              Fight the good fight brother.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1