Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just got accepted as a Border Patrol Agent

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    veeklog
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 1040

    Originally posted by LloydXmas250
    Douglas. EOD July 28. Start the academy August 4. Finish October 26, then 8 weeks of Spanish classes.
    Worked in Douglas in the late 1990's when the station was tiny and apprehensions were off the charts. On the midnight shift the apprehensions were in the thousands (not joking either). The last time I worked there was 11/2000, so I don't know what the work is like now. Study hard and make it through the academy. There is nothing to do in Douglas, but Sierra Vista has grown, and the area is livable. Bisbee isn't bad, but a little artsy.

    Good luck in Artesia.

    Comment

    • #17
      LloydXmas250
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 1123

      Thanks everyone. Not a huge drinker so I don't figure I'll have too much trouble with alcohol. As for the car. I'm thinking that I could have my wife, who wants to visit every now and then drive it in sometime and then fly her back home. As for the duty station. My wife and I have been looking to living in Sierra Vista. Good size city, similar to where I currently live and it's got many stores and amenities. Read that half the population is employed through the government so I'd fit right in.

      Comment

      • #18
        Spanky8601
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 2285

        Congratulations. Glad to see that you are not a huge drinker. As the old saying Booze or Broads will get you badge.
        May I always be the type of person my dog thinks I am

        Comment

        • #19
          BigDogatPlay
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2007
          • 7362

          Congratulations and welcome to the fraternity.

          Train hard, work smart and stay safe.
          -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

          Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

          Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

          Comment

          • #20
            jcoenenberg
            Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 241

            Congrats that's awesome

            Comment

            • #21
              Garand1911
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2002
              • 1443

              congrats from the blue side of the house

              I hear the BP academy is no joke, its more military then glynco.
              hopefully your running ability is up to a couple miles, or you might be fooked.
              if there are girls in your class, PT might be slightly easier, if not, you will be pushed harder, cuz your guys.
              the instructors respect physical fitness and dedication, i hear they will mess with you (like coming to mess hall and inspecting what your eating, and berating your about it)

              DO NOT volunteer to be class president.
              anyone can and will be fired in a heart beat for being stupid, even days before graduation (seen it).
              try and keep all your idiot fook off classmates in check, or everyone will suffer.

              did they polygraph you ?

              enjoy your time, work hard, have fun, its a great experience
              "I saved your life, AND brought you pizza" -- Me

              Comment

              • #22
                LloydXmas250
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 1123

                Originally posted by Garand1911
                congrats from the blue side of the house

                I hear the BP academy is no joke, its more military then glynco.
                hopefully your running ability is up to a couple miles, or you might be fooked.
                if there are girls in your class, PT might be slightly easier, if not, you will be pushed harder, cuz your guys.
                the instructors respect physical fitness and dedication, i hear they will mess with you (like coming to mess hall and inspecting what your eating, and berating your about it)

                DO NOT volunteer to be class president.
                anyone can and will be fired in a heart beat for being stupid, even days before graduation (seen it).
                try and keep all your idiot fook off classmates in check, or everyone will suffer.

                did they polygraph you ?

                enjoy your time, work hard, have fun, its a great experience
                Running ability is up there. Barring an injury I don't see myself having too much trouble with PT. And no I was not polygraphed. Don't know why and really don't care why. I have nothing to hide however. Maybe my background cleared so well they didn't need to polygraph me. Not sure.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Alaric
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 3216

                  Congratulations! I've been in the process for almost a year now, still waiting for "the call".

                  Did you test in San Diego? How long did it take for your BI to clear the security office (mine's been in for about 2 months now)? Have you done your PFT2 yet?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    fmxmyway
                    Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 485

                    Way to go man congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      LloydXmas250
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 1123

                      Originally posted by Alaric
                      Congratulations! I've been in the process for almost a year now, still waiting for "the call".

                      Did you test in San Diego? How long did it take for your BI to clear the security office (mine's been in for about 2 months now)? Have you done your PFT2 yet?
                      Mine took about a month, give or take a week. I'll be getting a letter and/or email about the PFT2 sometime this coming week. I'm not worried about it too much. I can do the 1.5 miles easily under 13 mins. I ran the 400 meters in high school at about a minute so I can handle half a lap at 46 secs. And then sit up and push ups are just like PFT1. Only thing I'm paranoid about is them refusing to hold ankles on the sit ups which they are supposed to do.

                      My Oral Board was in San Diego and my PFT2 will be there as well.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Baxter
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2009
                        • 1334

                        Good luck at the academy. My bi is still in the security office. On honor first they advise against bringing personal cars. Have fun and stay safe.
                        A&M Animal Control of San Diego.
                        Skunks, Raccoons, Opossums, Coyotes and more.
                        PM me for a CalGuns discount. Serving all of San Diego county.
                        http://www.aandmanimalcontrol.com/

                        http://www.sandiegoskunkremoval.com/
                        http://www.skunkremovallajolla.biz/

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          anthonyca
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2008
                          • 6316

                          Congratulations. My brother's friend is a BP agent. It sounds like a very challenging and exciting job.
                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206

                          Originally posted by Wherryj
                          I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            veeklog
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1040

                            Originally posted by Garand1911
                            congrats from the blue side of the house

                            I hear the BP academy is no joke, its more military then glynco.
                            hopefully your running ability is up to a couple miles, or you might be fooked.
                            if there are girls in your class, PT might be slightly easier, if not, you will be pushed harder, cuz your guys.
                            the instructors respect physical fitness and dedication, i hear they will mess with you (like coming to mess hall and inspecting what your eating, and berating your about it)

                            DO NOT volunteer to be class president.
                            anyone can and will be fired in a heart beat for being stupid, even days before graduation (seen it).
                            try and keep all your idiot fook off classmates in check, or everyone will suffer.

                            did they polygraph you ?

                            enjoy your time, work hard, have fun, its a great experience
                            I don't know about that; I went to the BP Academy in Glynco back in the late 90's it was "rough." I don't know if what as bad as having "Diablo" as a PT instructor in Charleston, but we did have "El Diablo Blanco" at Glynco which was as bad. I remember being in the mat rooms and after an hour the FLETC staff would have to have a few people clean up the mat rooms because the amount of sweat was disgusting! However, second time through CITP/CBES in 2002 was pretty easy, though, so I give you points there (lol)

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              fullrearview
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 9371

                              Congrats!
                              "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Josh3239
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 9200

                                Congrats and stay safe

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1