Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Marijuana

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Massappeal
    Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 254

    Smoke W33d EvErYdAy!!!!
    2008 Evo X-404WHP
    05 Yamaha R6
    Guns
    Clothes
    Those are my material loves!

    Comment

    • Super Spy
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 3461

      I wish I could get a doctors recommendation to own assault rifles.....
      Originally posted by Daytripper63
      "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

      Comment

      • Rhongman
        Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 223

        Originally posted by HIG541
        Maybe that is something that the police could focus more time and energy on if they weren't too tied up trying to enforce outdated marajuana laws
        I'm not LE, but I have several friends and family in LAPD who share this poster's opinion.

        Why have the LEOs on this thread quietly skirted around this response? Maybe because they agree but don't want to admit it?

        Comment

        • fullrearview
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2008
          • 9371

          Originally posted by Rhongman
          I'm not LE, but I have several friends and family in LAPD who share this poster's opinion.

          Why have the LEOs on this thread quietly skirted around this response? Maybe because they agree but don't want to admit it?
          There are ways to deal with it... But those ways would violate the civil rights of those who are committing those crimes... The other way requires the victims to step forward and they wont. Would you?
          "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

          Comment

          • fullrearview
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2008
            • 9371

            Originally posted by whobob
            As liberal as I am, marijuana should be decriminalize and not legalize.
            It was this year. Possession of 28.5 grams or less is now an infraction, and a small fine... Which for smokers, is way better that legalization and huge amounts of tax!
            "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

            Comment

            • Rhongman
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 223

              Originally posted by fullrearview
              There are ways to deal with it... But those ways would violate the civil rights of those who are committing those crimes... The other way requires the victims to step forward and they wont. Would you?
              Those aren't the only options available. The other methods would require tons of money, which is the point. In our scenario, reduce the amount spent on enforcing petty drug offenses (marijuana), and hire more qualified officers so that the dept can implement more community based policing methods. There are thousands of college students graduating this year who probably won't be able to find a job in their original field of study. Many of them would be perfect police candidates.

              I know that LAPD has a Community Policing Program. Sounds nice, but we don't have enough officers to actually get to know the people they serve. Hire more officers, maybe have them "walk the beat" literally. Get to know the shop owners and residents on a personal level. I bet you the business owner know the thugs who shakes him down better on a personal level than the officers who patrol his area.

              You asked if I would go to the police for help if I was in that situation. No I would not, to be honest. But isn't that the problem? That has to change don't you think?

              Comment

              • Paper Boy
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2009
                • 5666

                Originally posted by Frozenguy
                I say 'gets by' because we loose close to 100,000 people a year due to alcohol. You wont find 100 deaths linked to cannabis (car crashes and such; no OD, because OD is 'impossible').

                )
                wrong

                "A study by the French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research published in the British Medical Journal found that seven percent of drivers involved in a fatal highway crash used marijuana.The researchers estimated that at least 2.5 percent of the 10,748 fatal crashes studied were directly caused by the use of marijuana."




                "Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers."



                The problem before was there were no real studys, not that there we no deaths or accidents.
                Last edited by Paper Boy; 03-16-2011, 10:03 AM.
                Youtube reviews https://bit.ly/2V3WchY
                https://hooksandammo.com

                Comment

                • Coded-Dude
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 6705

                  the problem is there is no way to tell if the driver was high at the time of the accident or high the day before, the week before, or even a month before; it can stay in your system for a while IIRC(this varies depending on many things). that's another reason why (I believe) it's illegal. You can't really test to see if a person is under the influence at the time of the test.
                  x2

                  Originally posted by Deadbolt
                  watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
                  Originally posted by Obama
                  Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1