Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer80, Spectre Frame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dago Red
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 586

    I believe they'll release a second version of the full size. Let's all cross our fingers.

    Red

    Comment

    • Tripper
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 7628

      Originally posted by BobbyC
      Both show as available and will ship 4/10 (Monday).

      http://www.midwayusa.com/product/974...k-17-9mm-luger


      Nice, I had looked yesterday, good that you caught it in stock, I grabbed a couple last time they were that price and they shipped pretty quick too



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WTB NAA Belt Buckle
      MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

      Comment

      • Inlander Arms
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 936

        That would be great if they remade the g17 frame. We'll let you guys know if we catch wind of it in our dealer documents.
        VISIT OUR STORE
        Follow us on Facebook
        sigpic
        CA Legal 80% Handgun Build Compliance Kits
        Polymer80 50cal Beowulf Magazines (10 Round California Legal)
        Compatible with: Glockstore SS80 (Glock 43), Glock 17 (PF940v1 + v2), Glock 19 (PF940C), Timberwolf Frames, Sig P320, and more! Email us for details info@inlanderarms.com

        Comment

        • mitch1
          Member
          • Aug 2016
          • 467

          Originally posted by relatively-anonymous
          I don't have a Gen1 Glock 17 version. Is there enough space on the inside? I'd assume they'd have to mill out a chunk of space to hold the metal rail piece in. Since the Polymer80 is all about "here's a jig - you do the milling" they'd have to design a jig and drop-in part compatible with the Gen1. I can't imagine that'd be much cheaper than just making and selling a Gen2.
          You would have to machine .058" off each side and 1.450" in depth.
          I personally don't think it is doable.
          Yes I compared the two frames.

          Comment

          • Nelson_2016
            Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 159

            After looking at the "RRM" and the frame, I agree; I don't think it's doable either.
            But it still may be doable if someone was to design their own "rear rail module" and attach it differently, IMO.
            I was considering getting one of the frames on sale now for $69 or whatever and trying this, but if Polymer80 has a new version in the works, I will just wait to see what they come up with.

            Comment

            • Kayo Kelly
              Member
              • Aug 2014
              • 192

              Originally posted by Nelson_2016
              After looking at the "RRM" and the frame, I agree; I don't think it's doable either.
              But it still may be doable if someone was to design their own "rear rail module" and attach it differently, IMO.
              I was considering getting one of the frames on sale now for $69 or whatever and trying this, but if Polymer80 has a new version in the works, I will just wait to see what they come up with.
              New one is out. Old one is junk.3,000 rounds killed mine.

              Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • Nelson_2016
                Member
                • Nov 2016
                • 159

                I've recently completed one of the new "compact" (PF940C) frames with the stainless steel "rear rail module", is that the one you're referring to? (BTW I like it much better than the PF940).

                But being that I have $550 worth of G17 parts and a $275 Advantage Arms G17 .22 conversion kit for the PF940, I would like to migrate these over to a full size frame with metal rails...so I hope Polymer80 will follow through and make one.

                Comment

                • Kayo Kelly
                  Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • 192

                  Thats the one. Keep me posted on how it is.
                  I have all the Glock parts. I may just sell them.

                  Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • rock3ralex
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2013
                    • 1298

                    I'm 90% sure they're updating the full size frame. Every single shop that carries them is phasing them out faster than ever.

                    Comment

                    • Nelson_2016
                      Member
                      • Nov 2016
                      • 159

                      I can state my present opinion as follows: The PF940C is everything that the PF940 should've been but wasn't.

                      So far, I'm quite impressed with it (but I do need to shoot it some more before I'll feel completely comfortable with it).

                      I'm considering getting another one just to stash away, as I'm a little worried that if a crime is ever committed with one of these, our communist masters will use it as a pretext to try to shut down the "80%" industry.

                      Edit: I'll happily forgive Polymer80's earlier PF940 related gaffes if they make a new version which addresses the issues.
                      Last edited by Nelson_2016; 04-10-2017, 4:11 PM.

                      Comment

                      • Kayo Kelly
                        Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • 192

                        It will only get shut down in California. Go take a vacation in Arizona and build yourself an 80%er.

                        Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                        Comment

                        • relatively-anonymous
                          Member
                          • Nov 2016
                          • 267

                          Originally posted by Kayo Kelly
                          It will only get shut down in California. Go take a vacation in Arizona and build yourself an 80%er.

                          Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
                          Just don't bring it back. (all those pesky laws include the word "importing" too.)

                          Comment

                          • KoshNarek
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2014
                            • 58

                            Originally posted by Nelson_2016
                            I'm considering getting another one just to stash away, as I'm a little worried that if a crime is ever committed with one of these, our communist masters will use it as a pretext to try to shut down the "80%" industry.
                            I'm betting they're pretty sure they're in the process of already doing so, at least for people that actually obey the law. I don't think they'll be happy until they've converted all the law abiding citizens into criminals.
                            As far as keeping one stashed, the "We will not comply" crowd are a little too out in the open for my tastes. I'd pay in cash for one at a gun show or something if that were my intention.

                            Comment

                            • Nelson_2016
                              Member
                              • Nov 2016
                              • 159

                              Someone installed a PF940C RRM into a PF940.

                              Comment

                              • Domingo
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 1297

                                How are you guy's going about serial # manufacture and model is there enough space in the plate by the rail

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1