Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer80, Spectre Frame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kamikaze310
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2017
    • 3

    Double tap?

    Sooo... reading all the post and only see one reference to my problem in addition to the FTF and out of battery issues. My current problem has me worried. Took my PF940 g34 variant to the range full mag of 10, racked the slide aimed pulled trigger and BOOM BOOM... WTF and then the mag fell from the well. loaded 1 round into the mag some times it would fire sometimes would not. If I loaded 2 rounds into the mag and it fired it would double tap. So upon testing the slide by hand when I depressed the trigger the firing pin would be released. If i held the trigger and racked again the slightest release of the trigger allowing it to move forward would release the firing pin again. Has anyone run into this before and how I can fix this? This is a full lonewofe build but I will be moving to the glock 5.5# connector as suggested in a previous post.

    Comment

    • BobbyC
      Member
      • Jan 2017
      • 113

      Originally posted by kamikaze310
      Sooo... reading all the post and only see one reference to my problem in addition to the FTF and out of battery issues. My current problem has me worried. Took my PF940 g34 variant to the range full mag of 10, racked the slide aimed pulled trigger and BOOM BOOM... WTF and then the mag fell from the well. loaded 1 round into the mag some times it would fire sometimes would not. If I loaded 2 rounds into the mag and it fired it would double tap. So upon testing the slide by hand when I depressed the trigger the firing pin would be released. If i held the trigger and racked again the slightest release of the trigger allowing it to move forward would release the firing pin again. Has anyone run into this before and how I can fix this? This is a full lonewofe build but I will be moving to the glock 5.5# connector as suggested in a previous post.
      Last edited by BobbyC; 02-20-2017, 5:15 PM.

      Comment

      • Inlander Arms
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 936

        Originally posted by kamikaze310
        Sooo... reading all the post and only see one reference to my problem in addition to the FTF and out of battery issues. My current problem has me worried. Took my PF940 g34 variant to the range full mag of 10, racked the slide aimed pulled trigger and BOOM BOOM... WTF and then the mag fell from the well. loaded 1 round into the mag some times it would fire sometimes would not. If I loaded 2 rounds into the mag and it fired it would double tap. So upon testing the slide by hand when I depressed the trigger the firing pin would be released. If i held the trigger and racked again the slightest release of the trigger allowing it to move forward would release the firing pin again. Has anyone run into this before and how I can fix this? This is a full lonewofe build but I will be moving to the glock 5.5# connector as suggested in a previous post.
        Have you already tried shimming the trigger housing?
        VISIT OUR STORE
        Follow us on Facebook
        sigpic
        CA Legal 80% Handgun Build Compliance Kits
        Polymer80 50cal Beowulf Magazines (10 Round California Legal)
        Compatible with: Glockstore SS80 (Glock 43), Glock 17 (PF940v1 + v2), Glock 19 (PF940C), Timberwolf Frames, Sig P320, and more! Email us for details info@inlanderarms.com

        Comment

        • KoshNarek
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2014
          • 58

          Here are the PF940C milling instructions.

          Comment

          • kamikaze310
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2017
            • 3

            I will try that this weekend. And no have not yet shimmed the trigger housing doing that this weekend as well. Thanks for help.

            Comment

            • BobbyC
              Member
              • Jan 2017
              • 113

              Originally posted by KoshNarek
              Here are the PF940C milling instructions.
              http://www.polymer80.com/media/wysiw...structions.pdf
              Anyone else getting one of these? I have 2 on pre-order from Brownells. I'm building one with a G19 slide and the other will be for an Advantage Arms .22 conversion slide.

              Comment

              • shawnmitchell
                Member
                • Dec 2013
                • 142

                Originally posted by BobbyC
                Anyone else getting one of these? I have 2 on pre-order from Brownells. I'm building one with a G19 slide and the other will be for an Advantage Arms .22 conversion slide.
                have one on pre-order at Midway.

                Comment

                • djwinsdcal
                  Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 100

                  I am waiting until I find a good deal on a complete G23 .40 cal slide like I got on my full size G22.

                  Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • Nelson_2016
                    Member
                    • Nov 2016
                    • 159

                    My gun is doing occasional "brass to the face" ejections and I don't like it.

                    Supposedly one fix involves swapping out the "336" ejector with a newer "30274" ejector.

                    Has anyone else had this problem?

                    Comment

                    • BobbyC
                      Member
                      • Jan 2017
                      • 113

                      Originally posted by djwinsdcal
                      I am waiting until I find a good deal on a complete G23 .40 cal slide like I got on my full size G22.

                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                      I already bought a g19 slide and lpk and a lightly used AA .22 conversion kit coming (should be delivered tomorrow). Need a few extra parts to complete the lpk or I might just buy a complete kit.

                      Originally posted by Nelson_2016
                      My gun is doing occasional "brass to the face" ejections and I don't like it.

                      Supposedly one fix involves swapping out the "336" ejector with a newer "30274" ejector.

                      Has anyone else had this problem?
                      I have the newer 30275 (part# for the trigger housing and ejector) and I had a few land on my right arm but not to my face. Might need a new extractor for my slide. I never used the 336 ejector so I can't compare. The rest was pretty consistent at 3-4 o'clock. I was using Rem 115g and Speer 124g. I think all the casings on my arm were from the Rem ammo.

                      Comment

                      • AfisBoy
                        Member
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 284

                        I get an occasional brass to the face too. I used the factory Glock lpk from Midway.

                        Comment

                        • Nelson_2016
                          Member
                          • Nov 2016
                          • 159

                          That #30275 part, is that a Gen 4 trigger housing?

                          Originally posted by BobbyC
                          I have the newer 30275 (part# for the trigger housing and ejector) and I had a few land on my right arm but not to my face. Might need a new extractor for my slide. I never used the 336 ejector so I can't compare. The rest was pretty consistent at 3-4 o'clock. I was using Rem 115g and Speer 124g. I think all the casings on my arm were from the Rem ammo.

                          Comment

                          • BobbyC
                            Member
                            • Jan 2017
                            • 113

                            Originally posted by Nelson_2016
                            That #30275 part, is that a Gen 4 trigger housing?
                            Yes, Gen4 9mm trigger housing and ejector. The full part# is SP30275. Not sure why they put a part number on the ejector (30274 and 336) when you can't order it by itself.

                            Also, the Gen4 trigger housing pin is 25.7mm long vs 20.3mm stock gen3 pin. Fits the PF940 frame better. It's 3mm short but it still has purchase on the frame on both sides if it slides all the way to one side. Amazon had some 3mm SS rods for r/c transmissions so I ordered a set to cut some to size because I got bored .

                            Comment

                            • Nelson_2016
                              Member
                              • Nov 2016
                              • 159

                              Did you replace the whole trigger housing, or did you just swap out the ejector?

                              Comment

                              • BobbyC
                                Member
                                • Jan 2017
                                • 113

                                I replaced the whole housing. The trigger housing and ejector is $8.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1