Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Polymer80, Spectre Frame

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • philc
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 480

    You didnt use the one that "drags/moves" the jig across the rear frame channel? Hopefully, that made sense.
    United Sportsmen Range Safety Officer
    (Volunteer)

    Comment

    • Kayo Kelly
      Member
      • Aug 2014
      • 192



      Had my Spectre engraved last night. It is correct depth and meets criteria.

      Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • djwinsdcal
        Member
        • Nov 2014
        • 100

        Originally posted by Kayo Kelly


        Had my Spectre engraved last night. It is correct depth and meets criteria.

        Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
        That's cool. I'm going to do that to mine also.

        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • atlastrekker
          Junior Member
          • Jul 2016
          • 17

          Doesn't it have to be engraved in metal?
          PREPPERBOARDS.COM

          Comment

          • Kayo Kelly
            Member
            • Aug 2014
            • 192

            Originally posted by atlastrekker
            Doesn't it have to be engraved in metal?
            Not sure but if for some unusual reason I were to be stopped and searched that would be better than nothing.

            Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • jacobglee
              Junior Member
              • Dec 2015
              • 4

              Kayo Kelly where did you get it done?

              Comment

              • Kayo Kelly
                Member
                • Aug 2014
                • 192

                South Orange County


                Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • Kayo Kelly
                  Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • 192

                  Originally posted by jacobglee
                  Kayo Kelly where did you get it done?
                  Check for PM

                  Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • KoshNarek
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2014
                    • 58

                    Originally posted by atlastrekker
                    Doesn't it have to be engraved in metal?
                    I do know that the new PF940C frame come with a metal plate on the bottom of the Picatinny Rail for engraving a serial number.
                    Don't quote me on this, but if I'm not mistaken the new law allows you to add your own serial number before a certain date and you're still in compliance with the law and don't have to register it.

                    Comment

                    • Kayo Kelly
                      Member
                      • Aug 2014
                      • 192

                      Correcto thats why I had mine done. I never read any thing about having it engraved in metal. I think only Glock does that. All the other plastic guns put right in the plastic handle.

                      Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

                      Comment

                      • Quiet
                        retired Goon
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 30242

                        Originally posted by Kayo Kelly
                        Correcto thats why I had mine done. I never read any thing about having it engraved in metal. I think only Glock does that. All the other plastic guns put right in the plastic handle.
                        Under Federal laws/regulations...

                        For polymer frame/receiver, serial numbers are required to be engraved on a metal plate that can not be removed without significantly damaging or destroying the frame/receiver.

                        All other information (make, model, caliber, city/state/country) can be engraved on polymer.
                        sigpic

                        "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                        Comment

                        • Awesomesauce
                          Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 272

                          I am working on a small engraved/etched/stamped plate similar to the original glock ones. Once it's marked, I will set into the bottom of the dust cover, but above the pictinny rail. I will melt nylon into the gap to encapsulate it and call it good. The Spectre is glass-filled nylon.

                          Comment

                          • djwinsdcal
                            Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • 100

                            Originally posted by Awesomesauce
                            I am working on a small engraved/etched/stamped plate similar to the original glock ones. Once it's marked, I will set into the bottom of the dust cover, but above the pictinny rail. I will melt nylon into the gap to encapsulate it and call it good. The Spectre is glass-filled nylon.
                            I was thinking of the same idea, but with epoxy to fill the void.
                            I have never worked with glass-filled nylon, is it easy to use compared
                            To epoxy. Any pro or con to either?

                            Thanks for sharing your idea.

                            David...

                            Comment

                            • shawnmitchell
                              Member
                              • Dec 2013
                              • 142

                              Originally posted by f308gt4
                              Answered my own question.

                              Not the prettiest job, but looks OK, and functions OK. Need to finish building out the pistol to really do a full test, hopefully soon.

                              Prior to the chop (measure twice, cut once):



                              Post chop with G19 mag inserted:



                              Here it is with a G17 mag for comparison.

                              I like this idea. Just ordered another V1 on clearance and I'm planning on cutting and grinding on the grip extensively.

                              Comment

                              • shawnmitchell
                                Member
                                • Dec 2013
                                • 142

                                Speaking of chopping on Spectres, has anyone chopped the nose off the frame to accommodate a G19 slide? I have a P940c on pre-order but I'm thinking I might use this clearance full size frame to build a Spectre G26L by chopping the front down to G19 length and cutting the grip all the way down to accept G26 mags.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1